PDA

View Full Version : 3 VISAS STOPPING YOU COMING BACK ALL READY

September 23rd, 2006, 02:10
Serves the lazy cunt right. If he had a Thai wife, he is qualified for a year-visa and shouldn't be making visa runs.

September 23rd, 2006, 03:34
... but as I've just back from a communications awareness course (don't ask), at my place we all have to go on them - anyway, I am not going to say serve you right, but it does surprise me that people who know the law even by doing acceptable visa runs fall short of doing silly things, i.e. they do it time after time, surely they must know that passport control does not know what they are up to - and to overrun a visa, that is ridiculus and disrespectul to say the least. We are living in a day and age where everything is computerised and by the touch of a button, one can be located for whatever reason if one wants to pursue one.

Anyway, they have a problem now and I hope they sort it out, without being refused entry permanently.

September 23rd, 2006, 03:44
3 guys were turned away because when they tried to come back into the Kingdom they had more then 3 Visas in there passport......They had very little money

The new rule seems to work well then. What would they do in Thailand if they had very little money.

Aunty
September 23rd, 2006, 04:38
Exactly!

wowpow
September 23rd, 2006, 06:56
Presumably the visa stamps in their passports were actually premissions to visit Thiland for 30 days Visa free?

Were they given any reaason for refusal? It my have been something other than early implimentation of the new rule.

September 23rd, 2006, 09:28
I did a run yesterday, and if they were doing early implementation of the rule I did not fall foul of it, nor anyone else on the run. I went to Ban Laem, by thge way, the new building is also now open.

Aunty
September 23rd, 2006, 09:55
Do people think they'll change the rules back now that the coup's happened?

September 23rd, 2006, 11:37
Serves the lazy cunt right. If he had a Thai wife, he is qualified for a year-visa and shouldn't be making visa runs.Maybe not necessarily lazy, but poor? He must produce proof of B400,000 in a Thai bank each year to get and keep a marriage visa.

September 23rd, 2006, 15:17
Do people think they'll change the rules back now that the coup's happened?

I doubt it. It doesn't even register a blip on the screen of what's important to our new "leaders".

Brad the Impala
September 23rd, 2006, 17:51
Serves the lazy cunt right. If he had a Thai wife, he is qualified for a year-visa and shouldn't be making visa runs.Maybe not necessarily lazy, but poor? He must produce proof of B400,000 in a Thai bank each year to get and keep a marriage visa.

Well if he is staying with his wife in Thailand and doesn't have a work permit, 400,000 is hardly an excessive amount to live on for a year!

September 23rd, 2006, 23:03
Friends of mine would have needed 5 entries in 7 weeks to go ...

Oct. 3 sfo/tky 2 nights
tky/bkk ENTRY 1 stop
chiang rai/laos/mekong/luangprabang/vientianne/nongkai ENTRY 2
overland to roy et(?)/siemreap/phnompenh/bkk ENTRY 3
bkk/sgp return ENTRY 4
bkk/bali/borabodur/overnite in bkk (ENTRY 5)/sfo

They had to cancel their trip because the new 30 day entry policy will not allow them to do more than 3 entries in any 90 day period.

They could not hasver done tourist visas because the new policy says you must get your tourist visas in your home country.

THIS REALLY SUCKS and now I will be in Bangkok when, if I knew they wouldn't be jere then I would not have come until the Nov. Pride, and now I will have to miss Pride because I can only stay 1 month.

September 24th, 2006, 04:03
NewBeeBkk, suggest you check out the other well informed sources. They are all saying that the restriction is not not 3 entry stamps, but 90 days residence in any period of 180 consecutive days. In other words, come and go as much as you please, just like a genuine tourist, but don't stay for more than 90 days in any 180.