PDA

View Full Version : Hidden camera in TAWAN BAR - fuck show broadcast on ITV!

January 21st, 2006, 07:10
ITV just ran an expose on fucking shows in Bangkok gay bars. They had a hidden camera at Tawan.

icon cruisingforsex.com messages thailand

I hear that all bars in that area can only serve alcohol until midnight but you can drink what you bought and other services until 2 a.m. This will pass! Forcast is just a few days.

Homintern - I have corrected my typo on Forcast. I do appreciate your promply publishing my tiniest of errors - thank you!

Smiles
January 21st, 2006, 07:21
Well there's only a short message by ICON (Moderator) in that thread at the moment ... and no details.
But watch the thread for more comments, which are sure to come.

I believe that ElephantSpike stated on some other thread awhile ago that hotlinking to 'CruisingForSex' was OK on this new Board. (I stand corrected if I'm wrong about this).

Here's the link to the above-mentioned thread: Fuck Show cameras at Tawan! (http://web.cruisingforsex.com/bb/showthread.php?s=62031fef977f7f548313cc2c75ed59ee&threadid=300107)

Cheers ...

January 21st, 2006, 07:23
Forast is just a few days
Who is Forast and can I "off" him?

January 21st, 2006, 07:39
This paradise for Musclemen fans is still open thought the guys are wearing much more clothing and the show is very tame.

dab69
January 21st, 2006, 07:51
WHERE was this broadcast? Thailand? Internationally?

January 21st, 2006, 07:54
... is a Thai television channel

bucknaway
January 21st, 2006, 08:06
I wish I could have seen that show....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/paulindelaware/cum.gif

dab69
January 21st, 2006, 08:11
why would an expose cover something everyone knows about?

elephantspike
January 21st, 2006, 10:10
I believe that ElephantSpike stated on some other thread awhile ago that hotlinking to 'CruisingForSex' was OK on this new Board. (I stand corrected if I'm wrong about this).

Sure, that's fine. Why not? Hell, you can even link to The Bog if you want to, so why not? :acid:

But where is the link to the hidden camera? :sex:

January 21st, 2006, 15:34
why would an expose cover something everyone knows about?

So church people can get off on it. The same ones who are so outraged over The Book of Daniel--And go right on watching it. :angel12:

I wonder, however; if it's all network hype: I watched it tonight & thought it rather dull--But I'm a teeny-weeny bit jaded...too many teeny weenies, maybe? Tonight the priest's gay son did the bishop's daughter in the back seat of the bishop's car. How can they object to a gay man converting?...never mind, it was only for an hour.

January 21st, 2006, 18:35
<I understand, if any bars are singled out and hit the world news the pressure from the top of government is going to personally see it closed, and this program will be the end I hear.....

Bad Publicity in Thailand is damaging tourism >

'Let me tell' you is on the right track. Whilst in Pattaya last week I was given to understand that CCTV footage from the RGP's own system has been obtained by a British TV company making a documentary about underage sex tourism and filming in Pattaya at the moment.

Despite a much welcomed ( by most people) clean up at RGP a year back there are still farangs wandering around looking for underagers and unless they are blind they must be aware that there is a comprehensive CCTV system covering all floors there.

Whether or not the footage was obtained with the permission of the RGP management or not I do not know, but as their is a regular precence of farang police there I would imagine that some cooperation was available.

It will be interesting to see what footage is used and how the makers point the finger at farangs they show on film.

January 21st, 2006, 19:03
This item was reported titles Watch out for the Backlash
http://web.cruisingforsex.com/bb/showth ... did=300107 (http://web.cruisingforsex.com/bb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=300107)
Thai Guy
Very Nice Guy
I watched part of the report too. The reporter repeatedly said that the bar couldn't deny they had nothing to do with prostitution in the bar, becasue one of the reporters who pretended to be a customer offed one boy and paid the bar 400 baht for an off-fee. The boy he offed was a construction worker earning 105 baht a day. Now as a barboy, the bar has paid him 50 baht a day. His income from customer's tips is about 20,000 baht a month.

I warmed it up a bit
http://web.cruisingforsex.com/bb/showth ... did=300155 (http://web.cruisingforsex.com/bb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=300155)

Tawan fuck and chockwow show on Thai TV

With apologies to Icon but his title was a mite lukewarm so I have dramatized.

Some guys from the Ministry of the Interior (?) took a secret camera into Tawan Bar and filmed the shows. The local Chief of Police was hauled over the coals and now bars in the Silom Suriwong area are ceasing alcohol service at midnight but closing as before. This won't last too long I suspect.

The film was shown on an expose of the shocking depraved boy bars and shows that we hold near and dearl. I do hope they can survive????? The film was edited and no faces were shown or naughty body parts.
I hope that Icon can tell us more about the programme.

A Tawan employee told me that the boys are all very angry and the boss is very worried. They remain open with the guys wearing trousers and tops and the show very proper.

The Tawan bar is unique - the only bodybuilder gay go-go bar in the world.

In Thailand things do tend to pass on and not too much damage done but this is a biggy.

My spies are visiting tonight and I hope to report tomorrow on the developing situation.

A reminder of the glory days

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/Tawan/BoysTawanSorn.jpg

January 21st, 2006, 20:02
Despite a much welcomed ( by most people) clean up at RGP a year back there are still farangs wandering around looking for underagers and unless they are blind they must be aware that there is a comprehensive CCTV system covering all floors there.

RGP = Royal Garden Plaza? When I was there in December some busty Russian ladies kept walking around hoping to attract farang business. That was all.

I hope these TV people don't shame perfectly innocent foreigners who are in the shopping centre with their adopted or half-Thai children.

January 21st, 2006, 21:24
[quote="Silom

I hope these TV people don't shame perfectly innocent foreigners who are in the shopping centre with their adopted or half-Thai children.[/quote]

Which is exactly what I meant by how they point the finger.

When we were living there I often took my two daughters who look more Thai than Thai/Farang and our adopted 10 year old son (Thai) into RGP at weekends.

There are certainly a lot of farangs with Thai children there but probably most of that is the farang has met a b/g on his trip and is amusing the kids or is even the father. However I only hope that the film makers will take advice from the farang police as to what they ( the farang police) consider is innocent and what is suspicious. There is almost a constant precense of farang police there these days and I would hope that they would know exactly who is trawling for underage and who is innocently entertaining the kids

The local police have been having a purge on the Russian ladies recently and a lot have been moved on, but I hope this film being made is only using genuine footage and the local brownies are not trying to set a convenient entrapment by placing any kids there then having it caught on the RGP's own CCTV system to give it credibilty.

dab69
January 21st, 2006, 21:51
it's just certain people constantly thinking people are "trolling" .
Royal Garden Plaza is a great place to beat the heat and window shop,
while walking from here to there a place to cool off before your sidewalk journey continues elsewhere.
Perhaps some even shop there.

January 21st, 2006, 21:51
So, King Kong, you're a bisexual whose sense of guilt led you to emplyment in an organisation that encourages the illusion that gay = paedophile?

January 21st, 2006, 22:09
The plot thickens! Will British TV also obtain video from the famous hidden CCTV cameras in Sunee Plaza? :idea:

catawampuscat
January 21st, 2006, 22:36
The guys all came out for the bigcock show wearing jeans, jackets and boots and not a bulge to be seen...Why they did it was unsaid and thankfully they spared us a fully dressed fuckshow.. by the way, the gogo boys at Dream were the best I have seen there and I love the new white tight shorts with the colored topbands..They really show off the boys assets well and I really like the way they move so you can see back and front sides without waiting long..
Normal sexshow bigcock etc. the nite before . the 18th, at new BoysBangkok in new location...Glad we didn't have time to get to Tawan after disappointment with show at Dream..............

January 21st, 2006, 23:37
con513
I saw it while bonking a very cute Thai-Chinese bottom in a short-time hotel. It looked like an ITV in-house production -- no sign that the Interior Ministry had anything to do with it (where did that come from?). It was quite a long piece (maybe 20 minutes), and had interviews with bar boys (faces and voices disguised) explaining how the system works. There was also an interview with the owner of The Beach Group, saying that these shows -- while obviously illegal -- have propagated because once one bar has one, the others feel they have to follow suit. The main question posed by the piece was: how can this go on in the open when it is clearly illegal, and when boy-girl shows have been successfully eradicated?

The report was completely non-judgmental about homosexuality, and did not take any kind of moral stance. It seemed to be more about corruption, and how the existence of the shows presents Thailand in a bad light (as a haven for corruption). Anyway, this happened a few years ago too, and the shows disappeared or were tamed down for a while. Seems to be a cycle. Ho hum.

Anyway, I haven't seen a new position on stage for about 10 years now, so maybe a sabbatical will give the choreographers time to come up with something novel.
21st January 2006 07:57 PM

================================================== ========
sloot
Cruiser
If the story angle was about corruption and how rules are bent, then it seems unlikely that it was commissioned by the Ministry of the Interior. ITV, if I'm not wrong, is part of the Shinawatra group.
21st January 2006 09:14 PM

================================================== =======

icon513
ITV runs these hidden camera exposes all the time. They were the ones to break the corruption ring among expressway toll collectors. They target the police all the time: there was a big one on highway police taking payments from ten-wheel trucks.

Overall, they provide a valuable service to society. It's too bad, I guess, that this time they zoomed in a form of corruption that most of us would rather live with than without.
21st January 2006 09:19 PM

wowpow2002
Cruiser
Information unfolds
Thanks guys for the story of the television show. It is reassuring to hear that there was no homophobic overtone.

As self appointed high priestess of the worshippers of Tawan bar I take the situation very seriously.

I hop that I will be forgiven for transposing messages from this informed board to Sawatdee Forum where the news will be most welcome.

Tonight I leanrt that the filming was done late December. I also heard that during the film the boys face were shown and I was also informed that they definitely were not?

Icon513
A small correction, but the ex-construction worker said he made 150 baht a day in that job, not 105 baht. They also had an undercover guy applying for a job, and he was told that if he was really good hustling customers, he could make as much as 50,000 baht a month.

================================================== =========

January 21st, 2006, 23:54
So, King Kong, you're a bisexual whose sense of guilt led you to emplyment in an organisation that encourages the illusion that gay = paedophile?

Sorry Homi old thing but
A) I have no sense of guilt about anything
and
B) My employers do not have any policy/statements/documents/reports that encourage the illusion to which you refer.
In fact, had you bothered to read my postings, you would have found that I have on many occasions condemmed organisations that do claim that gay=pedo. It is such statements from those organisations that do much to discourage the gay community becoming involved in much needed support for kids anywhere in the world.

Maybe you can point us all in the right direction to the references from my employers that you refer to or is this just more of your Alice in Wonderland stuff?

January 21st, 2006, 23:58
Everyone knows about the Tawan. Everyone knows what goes on. So do the police... rumour has it that the senior staff and owner were police, even trainers of police. I suspect this is has a touch of the warning shot that said owners were not paying sufficient tax. Bet you it is fully operational by 1st March or before, and that the selling of alkol is back to normal ridiculous closing time hours sooner rather than later. We are talking about Thailand aren't we... not the Westminster City Council.

January 22nd, 2006, 16:38
A friend visited the Tawan bar last evening. There was no show and the boys were covered up. The entrance has been moved and there is a cashier by the door (maybe bag checks for customers cameras?) The alcove where the boys used to sit has gone. Many chairs have been removed and red banquettes re-arranged. Everyone is very concerned and worried for what is going to happen.

He then went to Banana Bar on Duangathawee Plaza (pka Soi Twighlight) and was told that none of the bars had shows and everything was closing at midnight. Someone said that Balcony was open after midnight but you had to buy and pay for drinks before midnight. http://www.balconypub.com/index.html

TrongpaiExpat
January 22nd, 2006, 21:41
Odd are this thread now just over 1000 views will hit 2000 by next week.

I found out on CFS that the undercover camera crew was at this bar on 6 January. OMG, I visit this bar about once a year and wouldn't you know it, it was on 6 January. What's the odds on that?

It was a busy night. I came early and got a good seat. I got annoyed when my good seat tuned bad as new chairs and tables were set in front of me as customers came in right before the show.

There was one front and center big table with a reserved sign on it. A few minutes into the show and the reserved table was filled with these very old farangs and a few older Thais. They did appear out of place. I wonder if the TV people had the nerve to reserved that table?

January 22nd, 2006, 22:01

Sorry Homi old thing but
So the bisexuality's agreed then?

January 22nd, 2006, 22:27

Sorry Homi old thing but

So the bisexuality's agreed then?

There you go again Homi, jumping to assumtions and making spurious claims that suit your own hidden agenda.

We are still waiting for these published references which you claim are my employers policy. Surely if you have seen them you can allow us all to be so enlightened?

Methinks we will wait in vain :clown:

January 22nd, 2006, 22:31
I don't need "published references" to imply encouragement. "Wink, wink, nudge, nudge" is generally all that's required. I suggest you take up my life-coaching offer (in the Global Forum). As for the bisexuality:

When we were living there I often took my two daughters who look more Thai than Thai/Farang

January 22nd, 2006, 22:42
I don't need "published references" to imply encouragement. "Wink, wink, nudge, nudge" is generally all that's required. I suggest you take up my life-coaching offer (in the Global Forum)

What you are actually admitting is that you are not able to refer us to any published facts to substantiate your spurious and fictitious claims. As I said before, Alice in Wonderland stuff.

Your generous offer of life coaching I must decline for 2 reasons:

1. I have never read the Global Forum owing to time restraints.

2. If I needed a life coach I would have more confidence in one that lived in the real world rather than some weird fantasy land in his own closed mind!

January 22nd, 2006, 23:00
Icon513
A small correction, but the ex-construction worker said he made 150 baht a day in that job, not 105 baht. They also had an undercover guy applying for a job, and he was told that if he was really good hustling customers, he could make as much as 50,000 baht a month.

orson
Cruiser

how small was the hidden camera that nobody actually noticed it? i hope tawan survives this ordeal.

Thai Guy
Very Nice Guy
Thanks Icon for the correction.

That barboy's number was 55 by the way. He also took the reporter to the Gym where he and his friends use for keeping their body fit. The Gym costs 50 baht a day per person. Quite a good return on investment!. Hope they use their income wisely.

22nd January 2006 07:33 PM

Beethoven
Cruiser

Storm in a teacup
This will blow over in no time. The sex shows will stop for a while, the guys will dress more modestly and once things quieten down, slowly things will return to normal. I'm sure No. 55 isn't feeling too happy right now!

22nd January 2006 11:27 PM

wowpow2002
Cruiser
No 55
I hear from friend in Chiang Mai that No.55 is no longer employed by Tawan Bar and has no money. So sad as he is a lovely guy and did nothing culpable. I can probably get his phone number for anyone interested in meeting up with him. He is tall, handsome, speaks good English and is slender muscle defined rather then a big bodybuilder.

January 22nd, 2006, 23:05
As for the bisexuality:

When we were living there I often took my two daughters who look more Thai than Thai/Farang

Homi old thing, I often read forums devoted to space travel so does that imply by reading them I am an astronaut?

January 22nd, 2006, 23:10
www.cruisingforsex.com (http://www.cruisingforsex.com)

con513

No faces were shown. Some recognizable glutes and abs got in there, though.
22nd January 2006 01:06 AM

Thai Guy
Very Nice Guy
Tonight I leanrt that the filming was done late December... To be precise, I recall the reporter said they went to the bar on the 6th January 2006.

Well thats odd because I was told that the film was taken late December around the 27th?

Glorious memories

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/Tawan/IMG_1507.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/Tawan/04.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/Tawan/pose.jpg

January 22nd, 2006, 23:10
On bisexuality:

I often read forums devoted to space travel so does that imply by reading them I am an astronaut?

Are they Vulcans? An alternative conclusion is that you're a Breeder whose prurient interests bring him here

I should say that I'm a great fan of the English comic tradition that runs from the Alice books direct to the Goon Show. I suspect that for King Knut reading Alice in Wonderland is a distant (childhood?) memory, and the English comic tradition a total mystery. Readers of this Forum should read (or re-read) the Alice books - many of their characters will be found to be posting here. I've already reminded readers in Another Place that Hedda is Humpty Dumpty. The Alice books themselves were written by a paedophile priest for an 8-year-old girl and her younger sisters. Those were the days when people believed that the solution to the problem of paedophiles was to lock away their children. Unfortunately we live in more sentimental times

January 23rd, 2006, 17:16
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/Tawan/TawanfromStickyRice.jpg

Courtesy THe New Sticky Rice Magazine with a studio quality cover and an excellent map of Suriwong Silom area and the new team has only been working a matter of days. Congratulations.

Sorry for dismal quality of the photo, my scanner does not like glossy paper too much.