PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur

DonMuang-old
September 18th, 2006, 03:39
Dear friends,

spending a few days in KUL in October I would like to ask about some travel tips.
Are there any contact- or gogo-bars like in Thailand?
Any hotel recommendations (budget around 80$ a day) in the downtown area?
What to see and to do during the day?
Any no-no's?

I've never been there and like to explore this part of the world :bom:

Thanks
Don

September 18th, 2006, 13:28
There are definitely no gogo bars like the ones or anything near to it in Kuala Lumpur! The muslim govt will definitely not tolerate such nonsense.
Try going to utopia and do a search for hotels and other gay venues. There are gay saunas and massages. But do take cautious when visiting these places as the police do occasionally raid these places.

September 18th, 2006, 13:32
Visit the saunas and don't worry. Also do the Bukit Pintang (did I say that right) cruise. You can have a great time in KL. No need to be a walking ATM there either.

September 18th, 2006, 13:37
A statement which begs the question: why don't you move there and put the rest of us (not to mention the Thai people you come into contact with) out of our misery?

September 18th, 2006, 16:10
I usually stay at the Concorde hotel in KL -- it's close to KLCC and walking distance to nightlife, and costs about $60 US for a very nice room (I always ask upon check-in to have a view of the Petronas Towers). No problem to bring a friend upstairs - even late at night.

KL is fantastic for shopping, and the salad of Malay, Chinese and Indian cultures means that it is a wonderful town for food lovers.

There are no go-go bars, but you won't really need one -- there are lots of friendly guys on the various gay web sites (Good as You and Axcest are the most popular), and certainly in the gay bars and clubs. The latter change in popularity -- see the web sites to find out which is the current hot spot.

As for no-no's -- the usual for Muslim countries (don't point your shoes at someone while seated, wait until your host drinks before picking up your cup for the first time, etc.).

September 18th, 2006, 19:33
Visit the cruisingforsex.com Thailand section ( http://web.cruisingforsex.com/bb/forumd ... forumid=82 (http://web.cruisingforsex.com/bb/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=82) ) and scan back a month or so. There were some very detailed travelogues from some members relaying their experiences at the various saunas. And, as I recall there was information on various ways to get from the airports (there is a separate budget-carrier terminal, it seems) and other info. I didn't pay real close attention as I didn't/don't have intention of going to KUL any time soon.

September 18th, 2006, 23:05
And the food is out of this world. Have a great trip. It is interesting to talk to Muslim gays there. They often don't drink and they know their "sin" is condemned, a different kind of closet.

September 18th, 2006, 23:20
They'll get fucked but they won't drink. Go figure. You're going to hell, boys, so why not live it up? Have a pork rib and a bottle of Bud!

DonMuang-old
September 19th, 2006, 05:11
Thank you very much for your answers!
I think I will enjoy :sunny: