PDA

View Full Version : PLane change at Taipei airport

September 16th, 2006, 05:16
Hi guys. This year I'll be flying EVA airways to BKK from LAX with a plane change in Taipei. For those of you who have taken that flight: When you deplane do you have to go through customs or can you go directly to your next gate? Is there anywhere in the Taipei airport for a cigarette break? Thanks.

September 16th, 2006, 05:41
You just transit through easy.

Last time i was there 3 years ago there was a smoking room.

Up2U
September 16th, 2006, 05:43
Hi guys. This year I'll be flying EVA airways to BKK from LAX with a plane change in Taipei. For those of you who have taken that flight: When you deplane do you have to go through customs or can you go directly to your next gate? Is there anywhere in the Taipei airport for a cigarette break? Thanks.

Your luggage will have been checked all the way to BKK and you will go through a security station for in-transit passengers. No customs. There are smoking rooms to my recollection.

Bob
September 16th, 2006, 07:38
Like they said, you just go on through.....no additional anything.

The airport in Taipai is pretty nice.....make sure you go look through the few rooms stocked by the National Palace Museum.....usually some very nice museum pieces (a ming vase or two, scrolls, etc.).

cottmann
September 16th, 2006, 07:46

Smoking lounges at CKS Airport are both sides of the Boarding corridor of south Departure Lobby and on each of the four corners of the Terminal building outside the first floor and eight smoking rooms in the end of Departure Corridor in the controlled area.

September 16th, 2006, 13:10
Lord my memory is so crap. I think (?) I have stopped off there twice, once with China Airlines going to the states and once coming to Thailand. I have conflicting memories, the first time I flew in it was around 10.00pm and I was impressed at how beautiful the airport was and it had a bar beer garden on the roof. Am I right in thinking that it's a really nice airport. However, my next time I arrived about 4.30am was it was something like 8.00am or 9.00am before my next flight. They were doing some building works and there was absolutely nothing open, not even a coffee shop until 6.00am. There are smoking rooms scattered around.

September 16th, 2006, 22:54
Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate it!

September 17th, 2006, 01:22
Terminal 1 is old and ugly. Terminal 2 is modern and nice. China Airlines uses Terminal 1. EVA uses Terminal 2.