PDA

View Full Version : Genuine Advice

bucknaway
September 15th, 2006, 05:55
How do you guys handle the bar staff when you go to the gogo bars? I often like to go into the gogo bars just to have a look and a drink and since I come in alone..... The host will focus on me to take a guy....

How do you guys get them to leave you alone? I don't want to be rude or hurt their feelings in any way but I do want to enjoy myself without the host sitting next to me, touching me and being passive aggressive in their own special way.

September 15th, 2006, 06:05
I just say - "excuse me" and look past/away from them.

Bob
September 15th, 2006, 06:20
I don't seem to have the problem much because I just ignore them or smilingly tell them I am just looking or that I only want a drink. It seems that on occasion that you almost have to be rude as hell to get a few to leave you alone but I try not to do that as it just makes me madder than hell (and I'm not there to get mad).

For you, Buck, you might be getting a little extra pressure because they obviously don't often run into a guy who's in as great a shape as you or as suntanned (just joking) as you. Don't get mad, just ignore them. And, if it just happens to tickle your fancy sometime, takes the rudest host, rip his clothes off, bend him over a table, and poke some fun at him. Nobody else in that bar will bother you after that..... (oh, before you do that, invite me and my camera to go with you).

bucknaway
September 15th, 2006, 06:47
Hahaha... There won't be any of that Bob LOL

I remember I did what you and Oogleman suggest.. I was at a gogo in Bangkok. There were not many customers in the bar and I told the host time and again I was waiting for my boyfriend (Lie) and he sat a gogo boy next to me. I ignored the gogo boy for a bit and he would do his best to have a convo with me.

I did not touch him, refused his touch and gave a smiling (Yeah right) type of laugh when they requested I buy then a drink. All was fine until the gogo boy began to lie to me to try to get me to leave... He told me they were closing soon and I sould go "Sir".... Then.. "No show tonight Sir"....... and I forgot the other lies but they did not close and there was a show. Of course he left my side 5 min before the start of the show.

I am not sure if I tipped when I left the bar. I hope I didn't.

I just think there has to be a better way........

September 15th, 2006, 06:50
Its case by case. Sometimes you have to be a bit rude, just smile when you do it.

bing
September 15th, 2006, 06:54
While I certainly would not lay claims to knowing how handle the Mamasan with a great deal of alacrity, I can tell you what works for me. I go into the place and like to look it over to before I choose where to sit. I like a corner with no one smoking within spitting distance of me. If dear mamasan is pushy, I am assertive enough to say I want to be left alone, and that I'll call if I want some help in choosing a guy. Actually if I want to sit with a go-go boy all I to do is smile and nod yes when he nods back. I get him a drink and enjoy the moment. Naturally you want to slip some baht to the young man before you leave. I'm still not sure if I like to hear, "Hello Papa", when I enter my favorite places. No doubt the baht from last time is remembered. Enjoy your trip and tip well.

September 15th, 2006, 13:21
... I mostly say to the intrusive mamasan types that I am meeting my boyfriend in 30 minutes and I just came in for a drink (most times I am meeting my friend or I am there just for a drink and a looksee). It mostly works but sometimes, when in a bar with lots of guys who wonder around after doing there stint 'dancing', some guys will sit next to me and start 'the chat'. Sometimes its easier to go with the flow, unless it becomes annoying and then just state that you would like to sit alone and thank the guy. I never tip a guy who just plonks himself next to me uninvited, unless I am receptive to the conversation. The mamsan or waiter who is over pushy never gets a tip either. If you are a frequent patron of some places and never tip, they soon get the idea.

allieb
September 15th, 2006, 14:45
Its very easy. If I go into a go go bar I consider its my money I,m spending and I call the shots. Pushy Mammasans or boys just get a big smile and I put my arm out showing them the palm of my hand at the same time nodding my head no. There is no need to speak. If this doesn't work then the smile becomes a very unpleasant face with the words NO THANK YOU .The third stage is very simple "Fuck off" That is clearly understood by most people.

Its never happened but if asked to leave It would be ok with me. Who wants their evening spoiled in a tacky bar by a pushy boy or mumasan. I think that if anybody wishes to go into a go go bar just for an overpriced drink or two or three and to sit and watch only then it's their choice.

If a few more people acted like me then this problem wouldn't arise.There is no need to lie and say you are waiting for BF. My aproach always works for me and stops them comming back for round two if they see later that BF hasn't arrived.

Aunty
September 15th, 2006, 16:14
Come on Bucknaway, you're an American it's easy for you. Just look them right in the eye and say, I want to talk to you about Jesus.

haikudude
September 15th, 2006, 17:40
IтАЩm with Bing, just be assertive and tell sweet mamasan you want to be left alone. It works for me. So far IтАЩve never had to get rude. Buck, if your assertive and even with a smile IтАЩm sure you wonтАЩt get any gruff.

However, IтАЩd like to tell of my first and only time to Classic Boys. I walked in to the half empty bar, was seated by someone who took my drink order. Then a large plump mamasan came and sat a few seats away. Except for a smile, he never said a word. I almost felt left out. He sat there quite through the show and on occasion he would give directives to staff or boys. Finally I called a boy to sit with me and bought him a drink, and Plump mamasan still sitting in the same seat gave me another pleasant smile.

I finally broke down and bought him a drink.

Anyway, I offed the boy and as I left plump mamasan said тАЬgood choiceтАЭ with a casual thumbs up. Other than thanking me for the drink, those were the first words he said to me. He was right; good choice and a nice pleasant non pressure gogo bar experience.

September 15th, 2006, 17:42
If that doesn't work you might get one of those life-like, 13", dildos--And walk in with it hanging out your fly.

What works for me:
Or, every time mamasan sa-peaks hold your hand at you ear.
If that doesn't work, (With hand held to ear.) shout, Phom Mai Dy Yin! Mai Dy Yin! Dy Yin Mai! (I can't hear!) Poodt A-rai? (What say?).
She will probably go away but might turn down the music, make it louder or start screaming. That could be fun, too.

As a last resort: Carry one of those wallets with a secret compartment. Have only the price of a drink up front. Show her that.

Drastic action: Off her and tell her to go home. (Alone.)

September 16th, 2006, 12:33
...Or, every time mamasan sa-peaks hold your hand at you ear.
If that doesn't work, (With hand held to ear.) shout, Phom Mai Dy Yin! Mai Dy Yin! Dy Yin Mai! (I can't hear!) Poodt A-rai? (What say?).

As a last resort: Carry one of those wallets with a secret compartment. Have only the price of a drink up front. Show her that...

Actually that reminds me that I have used a variant on your wallet trick a couple of times normallly with a hunch/shrug of the shoulders, outstretched hands, palms up and saying 'Pom mai mii Ngen' - I have no money. It can make them a little worried though that they are not going to even get the price of the beer let alone an off fee!

September 16th, 2006, 22:29
How dumb...If you are a Westerner they know you have money. To tell them that you have no money is just redicules. I have never had a problem by just telling them to leave me alone.

September 17th, 2006, 01:11
How dumb...If you are a Westerner they know you have money. To tell them that you have no money is just redicules. I have never had a problem by just telling them to leave me alone.
I agree that works.
It is not very understandable to Thais that anyone would want to be alone though.