PDA

View Full Version : UN Top Job

September 14th, 2006, 14:37
When Kofi Annan gives up the ghost of trying to make the world a better place, there are five current candidates for his job http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5334820.stm . According to the Beeb, the favourite is a guy from South Korea but there is also a Thai who has stepped forward. Thailand's Deputy Prime Minister Surakiart Sathirathai, the BBC notes that 'Critics have suggested that support from Thailand's embattled Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra may not count in his favour'. Go figure!

Aunty
September 14th, 2006, 17:38
I didn't know this but apparently they rotate the Secretary-Generalship among the different regions of the world, Europe, Asia, The Americas and Africa. Apparently it's Asia's turn next.

September 14th, 2006, 17:56
I didn't know this but apparently they rotate the Secretary-Generalship among the different regions of the world, Europe, Asia, The Americas and Africa. Apparently it's Asia's turn next.

"I didn't know this" ?

Seems to me that most posters to this board think you know it all !! :geek:

Aunty
September 14th, 2006, 18:25

"I didn't know this" ?

I'm an educated well read man. So shoot me. While I've never claimed to know everything (unlike some I could name around here) surely you're not seriously suggesting there's something wrong with being knowledgeable, are you?

September 14th, 2006, 18:35

"I didn't know this" ?

I'm an educated well read man. So shoot me. While I've never claimed to know everything (unlike some I could name around here) surely you're not seriously suggesting there's something wrong with being knowledgeable, are you?

It's NOT my opinion and there is certainly nothing wrong with being knowledgeable. It was just an observation on the comments others make to your regular posts !!! If you can't take a joke you should not be a member of a forum like this! Lighten up!!!

September 15th, 2006, 09:02
I'm an educated well read manIs there a poll somewhere in this statement? Aunty's Board postings don't really support this brave claim