PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Help

September 13th, 2006, 23:47
I have been sitting here thinking about my trip to Pattaya in November and have done the usual sifting through information on hotels etc, (have stayed at a few) and came to the conclusion that while all the hotels had good and bad points and I really had no major complaints (though the brick wall pisses me off) I didnt make the time to seriously look at what my needs were. Iwould be interested if anyone could come up with a hotel in Pattaya which would meet these criteria:

Pool (Must have)

Elevator (or lower floor room)

Breakfast included (not a big deal)

A balcony and/or a view (Anything other than a brickwall etc)

24 hour room service

Coffee shop or lounge area/bar

Preferably not in Jomtien

Tea & Coffee making facilities

Optional minibar

Good towels

Room safe

Must have a great shower

No more than 1500 baht/night ?????

Would be really interested in your replies.

P.S. Is there a JJ's hotel?

Monty-old
September 14th, 2006, 01:05
I know off a new hotel that is Gay , No extra charge for your guest, mini bar, Free freakfast, free use off the swimming pool & Gym, Very late checkout, 14 great looking guys to care of all your needs, Air con ,fan ,frig, t.v. D.vd, Hot shower, safe in room, Computa access. and if you are not happy a full refund.
All for Only 500 to 700 bht per night.
All you have to is ask.

September 14th, 2006, 03:28
I usually stay at the Lek Hotel near Royal Garden. Breakfast is not included but they have a breakfast buffter for 99 baht which has a good selection of Thai and western food. Lek has a big pool, lifts, balcony, room safe, optional mini bar, no joiner fee's, very gay friendly and convenient to most places. I'm not 100%, but i believe they have coffee makers in each room. A standard room in the new building is 1200 baht while deluxe rooms are 1800.

Dboy
September 14th, 2006, 08:05
Hey,

Penthouse Hotel covers all your requirements except the free breakfast and room safe. There are double-locked deposit boxes behind the front desk, and the desk is manned 24/7. They also have a guard who covers the lobby and front desk area. The "Premiere" rooms and higher have balcony with a table and chairs. I know its next door to the Kitten Club but I assure u that Penthouse is gay friendly. Have experienced no problems with the place or the management. I know Penthouse is a controversial choice cuz some people think the rooms are tacky. I love their pool area, and I think the rooms are cool. Oh and the showers are big enough for 2-3 people, and the mini bar/fridge is big enough to bring back your own stuff to store as well. Rooms also have TV, DVD player, etc, and some rooms have sex swings:-)

Dboy

September 14th, 2006, 13:42
Me4Thai - I looked at The Diamond City Hotel/Apartments ( http://www.diamondcitypattaya.com/accommodation.html ) before I left Pattaya and will possibly stay there on my next trip. Quite cheap if you want a month's stay or more (under 10,000 baht in low season) but you can stay as long or as little as you like and it has a pool. I believe the 'safes' are at reception though.

I haven't stayed at 'The Welcome Plaza' hotel, but I was quoted 700 baht per night (750 on website) or 650 baht per night for long stay (email welcomeg@loxinfo.co.th ) or website http://www.welcome.co.th/wplaza.htm . If I remember correctly the hotel is located virtually oppositte Pattayaland accross 2nd Road.

These are both towrads the lower end of the market.

Actually, for when I return, has anyone stayed at these hotels? Any reviews?

September 14th, 2006, 15:53
Hey,
Penthouse Hotel covers all your requirements except the free breakfast and room safe. There are double-locked deposit boxes behind the front desk, and the desk is manned 24/7. They also have a guard who covers the lobby and front desk area. The "Premiere" rooms and higher have balcony with a table and chairs. I know its next door to the Kitten Club but I assure u that Penthouse is gay friendly. Have experienced no problems with the place or the management. I know Penthouse is a controversial choice cuz some people think the rooms are tacky. Dboy

Have considered using the Penthouse in the past but have always been put off by the general street noise outside and particularly from the Kitten club and other girlie bars in the area. Also I find that hotels that cater for guests who invite (a lot of) bar girls to their rooms are usually very noisy in the corridors at night with the (drunken) girls squealing, shouting and laughing well into the early hours of the morning. I have also heard about the rooms being tacky and not very clean.
I must admit that you are the first person I have come across who has recommended the place. I'm still to be convinced! :drunken:

September 14th, 2006, 18:15
For all you need consider Mike Hotel. They have a great pool, room are of decent size and the ppol is great as is the view. Location is fantastic. breakfast - go to Lek buffet or a cafe on beach rd. 800 B approx. No joiner hassles, but books out fast

September 15th, 2006, 02:26
When I first came to LOS I stayed in Penthouse. I found the management friendly and helpful. Maybe I'm kinky but I loved the ceiling mirror. I always found it clean and tidy. I would still stay there but I prefer Jomtien these days.

Brad the Impala
September 15th, 2006, 03:07
Oh. I thought that this was a thread discussing a cleaning job at a hotel. "Hotel Help".

I was only looking for a job to help LMTU out. Although thinking about it, it would be a full time job just carrying the empty bottles out.