PDA

View Full Version : Getting cold feet

bucknaway
September 8th, 2006, 06:04
I am going to be in Phuket during the nations party but I am not sure I want to spend $200 or more for their 3 day event pass.

Last year they were giving away tickets and some events were near empty (I heard but could be wrong).http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/paulindelaware/tumbleweed.gif

I am all for fun and games but there is only so much http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/paulindelaware/dance.gif dancing a person wants to do in Phuket. There are other things to do http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/paulindelaware/iconsex-doggystyle.gif

Maybe someone can help talk me into buying one of these overpriced tickets? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/paulindelaware/cheer.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/paulindelaware/cheer.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/paulindelaware/cheer.gif

Dboy
September 8th, 2006, 07:05
Yikes! What do you get for the money? Are they building an entirely new Phuket for this, or just using the regular one? Sorry, I'm probably not helping.

Dboy

bucknaway
September 8th, 2006, 08:12
Your right. that didn't help at all LOL

Fridae also took down the board where people could comment on the Nations party because so many complained about the cost! :bom:

September 8th, 2006, 08:23
At that price im sure it will be pretty empty again!

bucknaway
September 8th, 2006, 08:51
Yeah... I know a few ways I can have lots of fun for $200 and to think that with Fridae's nation party, $200 only gets you in...

Aunty
September 8th, 2006, 10:07
Have you been to any of the parties in the past Bucknaway? I've heard a lot of complaints about the cost as well, especally for the Thai. If there are not too many people there and given the poor reputation for gay Singaporean Chinese for being well - you can look but don't touch - and for being sticky, I was wondering if you'd get as much action as you hoped for? I mean maybe you will becuase of your sexy black body and exotic look (for them) but yeah $200 bucks in Thailand buys you a lot of fun with the Thais eh?

bucknaway
September 8th, 2006, 10:35
I was in Phuket last year when they held the Nations party. The guys were very friendly towards me. It sometimes seemed as if I was the flavor of the hour... I was constantly groped, stopped to have polite banter, propositioned and hit-on... After a while it got old. Well it got old when I felt as if I was being blocked from talking to the guys I wanted to talk to because I was engaged in polite conversation with a stranger...

And many of the guys tell me they never had sex with a black guy before and bla bla bla.... Oh and don't get me started on the girls pinching me when I walk down the sidewalk....

Now I do enjoy myself there but sometimes I wish I could blend into the crowd and not stick out like a black man in an Asian country LOL

September 8th, 2006, 11:43
wx40afp, thats just plain rude. Bucknaway, I agree a little bit of lipstick and yall twisting your hips and pointing in the sky, all night long man.

Nations party is one big wank off, avoid avoid and at that price! It's none other than uptight sticky rice having a "good time" away from the prying eyes of granny. About as groovey as a seven day Adventist conference. Nothing interesting at all. When they eventually all come screaming out of the closet, and for real, then strike, but until then chill.

I don't know about you but there is something very unappealing about gay Asians with spending power, something happens to them, a certain fear of ever again being seen to be needy. And this includes having a proper cock up their arse. It will take a few generations yet. I think this is true, especially for ex-european colonies. Keeping up appearances and face. Like Aunty say's, you might just get away with being seen as exotic meat, but I wouldn't count on it getting you anywhere.

Save yourself for those that are as free and liberated a spirit as yourself.

September 8th, 2006, 11:53
Yeah, I also don't see the appeal of hanging with those Singers guys. Sounds like you are a circuit boy type and won't be able to help yourself though.

When in Bangkok, bang THAI cock ...

September 8th, 2006, 15:47
Why don't I believe you when you say these things are problems.
I think you just want everyone to wish they had your problems, ba-itch. (Said in the nicest, Paris Hilton, sort of way.)

Do what you did last time, Bucky, stay in town and catch the offal--And always be kind to strangers; they might have hot friends. (Or deep pockets.)

When in Bangkok, bang THAI cock ...

So what does one do is Phuket?...Phque it?

September 8th, 2006, 16:54
that old dingbat Edith may be correct..200 bucks Bucnaway could go a long away and let's face it..they all drift back into town anyway...eventually. (fancy anyone quoting Paris Hilton !..last time I saw the old slapper she was being carted off in handcuffs -but that would appeal to Edith )

wx40afp..you sound for all the world like our dear boygeorge especially with your eulogy to the mad crocodile hunter..you must be an Aussie. I preferred that intellectual Germaine Greer's take on the whole mass grief that seems to have gripped that weird island that apparently didn't even bother watching his show with their a'wailing and a'screeching especially when she talked about him taunting the croc with his baby in his arm ( remember the headlines then !..oh what a reversal !!).."he taunted the crocodile and put his baby in danger and for that matter the chook had a pretty miserable life as well !!"

September 8th, 2006, 18:20
that old dingbat Edith may be correct..200 bucks Bucnaway could go a long away and let's face it..they all drift back into town anyway...eventually. (fancy anyone quoting [b]Paris Hilton!..last time I saw the old slapper she was being carted off in handcuffs -but that would appeal to Edith )

Well, she (claims) she only had one margarita--On an empty stomach (And matching head)--& was on her way to In and Out (The Hollywood branch of Niddy's Nookie.) for a burger.
Ba-itch used her arrest as an ocassion for a--F*** a pretty actress!--photo-op! Then pouted because the handcuffs weren't the pink, fuzzy ones we so favor--And used her one phone call from jail to try to order (Is she part Thai?) Room Service! (Well, she hadn't got her burger, had she!)

Speaking of restaurants; as if Americans weren't fat enough, a restaurant chain is now serving fried macaroni-and-cheese--As an appetizer!

And some Russians trying to get into the Guiness Book made a huge pizza-map of Moscow. In Russia they put corn on pizza. Oh, well, in the Philippines they layer shaved-ice, navy beans, corn, yam jam, fruit cocktail and ice cream into a parfait: halo-halo (mix-mix). Some put--Yuck--bananas in it!

Aunty
September 8th, 2006, 20:47
I was in Phuket last year when they held the Nations party. The guys were very friendly towards me. It sometimes seemed as if I was the flavor of the hour... I was constantly groped, stopped to have polite banter, propositioned and hit-on... After a while it got old. Well it got old when I felt as if I was being blocked from talking to the guys I wanted to talk to because I was engaged in polite conversation with a stranger...

And many of the guys tell me they never had sex with a black guy before and bla bla bla.... Oh and don't get me started on the girls pinching me when I walk down the sidewalk....

Now I do enjoy myself there but sometimes I wish I could blend into the crowd and not stick out like a black man in an Asian country LOL

Well I guess it's your call then really. (I'm not surprised you're molested wherever you go, that's the affluent Chinese, they love their status objects and baubles!). If you don't like dancing/ partying save yourself the $200 and pick up guys on the street. But if you secretly like the attention of a thousand Chinese hands feeling up your manhood well...................

Brad the Impala
September 9th, 2006, 01:36
Too many guys commenting on their perception of an event that they haven't been to!

I went to the closing night of the last Nations Party. It was fun. I went with my boyfriend (Thai of course). We ogled and chatted to a lot of oriental eye candy. Sure there are a lot of Singapore Chinese, but there are also oriental guys from round the world, and maybe 10% were Thai. It is expensive for local guys, but there was some distribution of free tickets locally, and the plan is to increase that number this year.

It was fun for one night or two, but three whole days and nights ...........actually I think that I am starting to drool!

September 9th, 2006, 01:51
...I wish I could blend into the crowd and not stick out like a black man in an Asian country LOL

Try to sound less intelligent.

bucknaway
September 9th, 2006, 03:58
:) Just stop it... Your too uptight and quick to type with poison fingers.... Just as one of my Asian friends sometimes loves to be the only Asian at gay events I sometimes like to be the only black guy. I know that a lot of times the guys don't see me, they only see a black guy. Just as I am looking for a cute & sexy Thai guy... one right after the other and I care nothing personal about the guy beyond the body.

Many guys have no problem telling me they always wanted to have sex with a black guy. They did not say they wanted sex with a guy name Paul or an American....

I don't have a problem being wanted for my skin/race... I just wish I could turn it off and on, but I can't, so I just have to deal with it and I am able to :cheers:

...I wish I could blend into the crowd and not stick out like a black man in an Asian country LOL

Try to sound less intelligent.

September 9th, 2006, 04:08
Bucky,

I am going to Nation with a couple of friends. Take a look at last years pics on the Nation web page and see for yourself if events were empty. It looked pretty good to me. I am not going to Nation for the express purpose of hooking up. If it happens, it happens. I am just going to party, dance, and have a good time (it is only three nights out of my vacation). For that matter I don't come to Thailand expressly to off different boys every night. I happen to like the club scene and I am more prone to hookup with one guy who also enjoys the scene. I enjoy time with him as I like the companionship as well. I go out everynight, party and stay out late every night. That's me, may not be your style. But, if you are going to be in Phuket anyway, you can probably just buy a less expensive ticket for one of the events. What have you got to loose. I believe they were selling tickets that way on the Fridae web site. If you like the Friday night event you can probably get another ticket for Saturday. I know a guy that went last year (he is Chinese American, goodlooking, & is sticky - damn it!) and he had a ball. Some of his pics of the event were awesome. Look at Brad's comments. He is the only poster so far that was there and his comments seemed reasonably favorable. All the other comments seem to be from people who probably would not be caught dead at a circuit party anyway (circuit parties are not for everyone so no disrespect intended) or have negative comments about the SG guys. If you are going to be in Phuket anyway why not give one night a try. If you are expressly looking for sex at Nation you may or may not be disappointed as not everyone there will be looking for a hot stud like you.

Seems to me that what puts some guys off on SG guys is that they do not need money to have sex so they are free to choose. They don't necessarily need to go bonkers over every foreigner that walks by. You can bet if Thailand's economy ever gets to where SG is there will be a lot of posters here posting on another forum non-Thai related. Sure Thais have a more free and easy attitude about sex but don't think for a minute some of the Thai boys would not be a little more selective with whom they had sex if they did not need the money. Everyone takes advantage of that, including me.

I will definitly post on the forum after my trip and give you guys my honest assessment of Nation VI - good and bad.

bucknaway
September 9th, 2006, 04:34
I was thinking of getting a ticket for one night. Many guys suggest I go for the pool party.

At night, there was a large group of guys in Paradise complex... Most of them were in town for the Nations event and venturing out to see what was going on outside of the events... I met a lot of guys but I had a twisted ankle and did not mix into the crowd out of fear of someone stepping on my foot.

Last year when I was there the guys were very nice to me. I went to Pattaya with one Thai guy and he paid for half the cost of the room and wanted to pay the car fare. We took turns paying for meals and he picked up the tab for our travel in the city.

When I was back in BKK I was treated to dinner many times and not once did I have to pay a guy for the fun we had.

I had so much fun last year that I decided I would make myself more lean to see if it effects my time there. I hope it will :)

At any rate... I am not worried about how I will be received, I am worried about making a wrong choice for fun :geek:

September 9th, 2006, 08:59

Hmm Bucknaway I sympathise with this, It can't be nice, feeling like a side show all the time. You must remember for the average Chinese with their pickled peanut, just the shear imagination of the trouser snake lollin in your pocket could drive them into a groping frenzy. You see this is OK for them, to be seen groping a black man, it is considered sport, where as groping a white man, no matter the size of the tool, now that would lose them all face, because that would appear slutty and they would be seen as grossly inferior. So we get the intellectual chit chat and naught else. Though if we catch them on their own, and by surprise, they are only too eager to kow-tow in the direction of our pelvis, though it is always in a rather unpleasant feeding frenzy of lust sort of way, they must hurry lest they get caught in the act by another yellow brother, possibly lurking in the dark somewhere. No,for you we need another tactic.

You need some support. There is a black guy, who always hangs around the Babylon on international holidays, when the place is packed with Chinese from across Asia. He has a very big tool and I am sure he gets his odd share of the groping. However whenever I am there, he is constantly begging me to Fcuk him. So I am assuming he is not getting the satisfaction he desires, this could mean that the groping isn't paying off, what ever, but this is where you come in, unless you are also a bottom.
I myself am only ever there for the massage. I have yet to experiment with anal probing, it just makes me want to throw up, I dont think this is normal, I am sure it is just a phase, and will pass. Until then, he would make a very suitable substitute for all your pent up frustrations, in that sea of complex Chinese face.

The other thing you could try, ironically, as wx40afp suggests, is going in drag, you know the Empress Dowager costume, it is fantastic what you can achieve with some make up and a borrowed curtain, this should work a treat, you will have a whole court of eunuchs before you can say "Cixi", and you never know one of them might just still be intact. Good luck.

September 9th, 2006, 09:01
I was at Nation's party in Phuket last year and it was great.There were many guys there from all over Asia and also a lot of Thais.The crowd was very friendly and so many good lookers dancing shirtless.The turnout was good last year and will probably be a lot better this year as memories of the tsunami fade.It is being held at The Hilton on Karon Beach which is a very large hotel with extensive grounds and right on the beach.Sanuk maak maak!
Bkkjunky

bucknaway
September 10th, 2006, 02:52
Yeah, I was going to stay at the Hilton and was all ready to shell out the cost for the room that was well over $100 and something a night. But then I ended up getting a room for about $25.

This will be my 3rd time in Phuket. The first time I did not venture out much at all and only hung around Paradise complex. This last trip I ventured out a little more but not much more because of my injury. I did get to go on the Connect sponsored trip to the islands they sail to on the weekend. That was a lot of fun but I am not sure if I will do it again this trip.

I like Phuket but it is so dam expensive there... The bar guys are crafty in getting customers... Many will swear you chat with them on the Internet and try to use that guise to get you in their bar.

The Taxi drivers are overpriced but there is very little we as tourist can do about it.

I like the beach but I am disappointed that there is no clear area for gay beachgoers and they are mixed with the general beach population. It is just a personal thing but I would enjoy it more if I knew the guys sitting around me were gay.

My last trip there I met a group of Swedish guys at the sauna. They told me they all co-owned a condo in Bangkok and would come to Thailand from time to time to party. Luck would have it that the one I liked was a bottom also but he seemed intent to try something but I was having none of that! LOL Then I seem to run into him EVERYPLACE! Babylon, Pattaya, DJ station, The after hours bar in BKK.... There are only so many ways to say no in a polite way and he just about used them all up. LOL

When I was back in Pattaya, It seemed a lot of guys there told me they were at the nation event. Many of them shared a room and traveled in a group. I don't want to mention any names but many of the guys went there with a friend that runs a business near the beach.

Even when I was in Bangkok, some of the guys I met told me about their time at the Nations party. I was surprised they were there because some of the guys seem to be living from hand to mouth.

One mistake I made last year was having a nibble of salad at the Sizzler in the mall. It was just a tiny nibble but it knocked me on my ass for the night. I won't make that mistake again....

Oh.. Back to the Nations party events... I think I will get the one day pass for $40... I am not sure if I will go to their events on Saturday or Sunday. Maybe I will go Saturday because Sunday the guys may be too tired for fun.

Oh and I am all booked at Babylon for their Foam Party on October 31 :)

Sen Yai
September 10th, 2006, 20:30
....... The first time I did not venture out much at all and only hung around Paradise complex. ...........I like the beach but I am disappointed that there is no clear area for gay beachgoers and they are mixed with the general beach population. It is just a personal thing but I would enjoy it more if I knew the guys sitting around me were gay.................One mistake I made last year was having a nibble of salad at the Sizzler in the mall. It was just a tiny nibble but it knocked me on my ass for the night. I won't make that mistake again....

Buck, as has been noted on this board many time before - you really need to get out more!

Of course there is a gay area on Patong Beach. It's right in the middle, near the police/lifeguard office. Didn't you notice that all the guys playing volleyball were a bit light on their toes?

By the way, is this you? The weather'man'? (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9159) (with thanks to Davey612 for the laugh!)

bucknaway
September 10th, 2006, 22:41
Sen Yai, I heard about that area but when I went there I seen straight and gay mixed in the seating area.... And you know that you are the 2nd online person asking if that guy was me LOL

He sure needs to "Man-up" a little! LOL

wx40afp, I am going to be in Pattaya on two separate weekends. First I will come with the same friend who accompanied me there last year. After my time in Chiang Mai, Phuket and Bangkok, I will return on my own to Pattaya. I would be happy to sit with you and share a drink or a meal but I find that I have more exciting adventures in Thailand when I walk alone.

A side note... I am still a tiny bit upset about loosing to that handsome Thai guy. I knew he would beat me arm wrestling just by looking at his lean hard body. Oh and I don't chicken Dance... But I do eat chicken on a stick :)

bucknaway
September 10th, 2006, 23:38
Heck yeah! I would be more than happy to meet you! I arrive in Pattaya on the 14th and leave on the 17 to Chiang Mai.

I will be in Pattaya with my friend from Bangkok but it is not a date, it is just two single guys on holiday in Pattaya. If you want to meet me with my friend and you guys hit it off.... Do not worry about me... I wont mind if you two slip away for a few hours fun :)

If you want to get a look at my friend, (click here) (http://www.fridae.com/personals/?thaifetish)

bucknaway
September 11th, 2006, 09:45
Ok, change of plans for Phuket... The sunday ticket costs $80 usd.... Screw Nations... I figure I will use the $250 in Nation ticket money to enjoy the island. So I now have a budget of $500 for a weekend in Phuket.

With luck I should be able to leave the island with $300 of my disposable cash still in my pocket! Oh... Did I ever tell you guys I was cheap? :colors:

September 11th, 2006, 10:14
what exactly would u get for $80?

would need to be something special!

September 11th, 2006, 11:23
I went to some dj thrash or other in a big top tent in Bangkok, and it was terrible. I was very suspicious when I had to pay such a whack to get in, because I immediately realised that hardly any locals would be there. And as I was there because of Thailand and the Thais I actually hesitated to go in, despite the throbbing sounds beckoning from within.
Curiosity got the better of me and I paid up and went in, it cost 80$ or something idiotic, thinking I could give my ticket to someone else when I left, I decided to take a peek.
It was the worst evening I have ever spent in Bangkok, the few people that were there, were milling around like it was the young British conservatives annual wank off. The music sadly was fantastic and it was fun seeing the various DJ's competing but it was such a crap insipid affair, that I wondered what the hell the organisers thought they were doing. It smelt horribly of exclusivity, and totally out of sync with the actual music. Keeping out the riffraff only served to kill the event. Even the TV cameras had not much too focus on during the breaks, and kept swerving to the doors where people were trying unsuccesfully to get in.
The majority inside were a kind of insular middle class something or other, smug and boorish. I wasn't even able to pass my ticket on, as they took it away once inside and issued me a rubber stamp on my wrist instead.

I did meet a very sexy Thai in flat fronted trousers and crocodile skin square toed shoes, who insisted on driving me home in his Ferrari, but as nice as it was to travel alfresco after building up a sweat, it all left a rather empty note, and I decided not to invite him up after all.

Nation is much the same, it is no more than a convention, held in exotic Thailand for those frustrated Chinese Singaporeans and their groupies from Hong Kong etc. Their own march and parade quashed by the Singaporean government. I feel they should rather stage something at home in defiance, than go and set up some grossly over priced crap in Thailand. Thats my own opinion, though of course no matter how dull the
proceedings, money is still being made by the locals (one hopes) hosting the event, even though the majority of locals wont actually be going.

Brad the Impala
September 11th, 2006, 14:41
Nation is much the same, it is no more than a convention, held in exotic Thailand for those frustrated Chinese Singaporeans and their groupies from Hong Kong etc. Their own march and parade quashed by the Singaporean government. I feel they should rather stage something at home in defiance, than go and set up some grossly over priced crap in Thailand. Thats my own opinion, though of course no matter how dull the
proceedings, money is still being made by the locals (one hopes) hosting the event, even though the majority of locals wont actually be going.

Which Nations Party did you go to??

September 11th, 2006, 15:21
I went to Nation V last year and had no complaints. The bulk of the party goers were younger Asians in the 20 to 35 age group; most with cash to burn, while the student types on limited budgets had to pool their resources. The few westerners who were there were noticeably older (35 to 50 mostly), not particularly attractive and bravely tried to suck in their stomachs and fit in with the crowd. And they didn't appear to be from the jet or silver spoon set either. Some of them seemed bewildered that their precious 1000Bt wasn't drawing the same kind of attention that they were used to in Patong, Patpong and Pattaya.

I think any large-scale gay event in Asia should be seen as a work-in-progress and the organisers had to jump through hoops to get last year's Nation off the ground. It was probably the first major event in Thailand that brought together genuinely gay guys from the region who were not motivated by commercial interests. A refreshing change from the usual Thailand Pride parades adorned with gay-for-pay guys from the go-go bars for the amusement and vindication of the Sunday night Bingo crowd.

September 11th, 2006, 16:44
I dunno filthylove, at those prices, if not commercial then those events are certainly costing a lot to stage, and remember they are sponsored to the hilt. They are expecting a rather dismal turn out anyway, a couple of thousand die hards. I really don't see the point, they should have just gone ahead and swamped Singapore, there is no law against travelling there. They could have all burnt their white Calvin kleins and Rolex special editions, gone commando style for a few days, that would teach the Government a lesson.

September 11th, 2006, 17:25
It was probably the first major event in Thailand that brought together genuinely gay guys from the region who were not motivated by commercial interests.

The Asian guys who go the Nation party are not motivated by commercial gains ie they're not seeking farang sugardaddies. They go there to get laid, have fun and enjoy the company of other like minded, financially independent gays.

The organisers are not forcing anyone to go. It is a free market and farang used to buying love, sex and attention in Thailand should be able to appreciate that.

bucknaway
September 11th, 2006, 17:55
I guess if I want to get talked into buying a ticket, I am going to have to get some Thai guys to persuade me because you guys are not helping LOL :)

Brad the Impala
September 11th, 2006, 18:00
I guess if I want to get talked into buying a ticket, I am going to have to get some Thai guys to persuade me because you guys are not helping LOL :)

It seems like all the negatives are from those who haven't been, and who have preconceived notions, and the positives are from those who have been.

Who would you listen to?

If I was able to be there I would certainly go again.

September 11th, 2006, 18:33
[quote="FILTHy Love":zz3yu7ev]It was probably the first major event in Thailand that brought together genuinely gay guys from the region who were not motivated by commercial interests.
The Asian guys who go the Nation party are not motivated by commercial gains ie they're not seeking farang sugardaddies. They go there to get laid, have fun and enjoy the company of other like minded, financially independent gays.
[/quote:zz3yu7ev]

What cods wallop! It's meant to be about being out and proud in Singapore and for a few other homophobic countries unfortunate gays to join in, if they can, for everyone, and that means anyone, financially secure or not. That's my whole point, rent boy! Or is this a celebration of wanker size queens, anything over three centimeters please leave now.

September 11th, 2006, 18:33
[quote="FILTHy Love":2u7mepfb]It was probably the first major event in Thailand that brought together genuinely gay guys from the region who were not motivated by commercial interests.
[/quote:2u7mepfb]

What cods wallop! It's meant to be about being out and proud in Singapore and for a few other homophobic countries unfortunate gays to join in, if they can, for everyone, and that means anyone, financially secure or not. That's my whole point, rent boy! Or is this a celebration of wanker, size queens, anything over three centimeters please leave now.

Brad the Impala
September 11th, 2006, 18:58
It's a party dear! Enjoy it or not, but it seems that those who go, do.

I wonder if you aware how much bile towards the Chinese comes out in your posts? Perhaps that explains your obsessive need to put down this event.

September 11th, 2006, 21:48
How dare you sir, yes I am tired of the backward undercover closet lifestyle so many Chinese gays choose to live, it drives me to distraction, this is true, but it's only because i care enough, and that's that.

September 11th, 2006, 23:58
I went to Nation V in Phuket last year. I can tell you, it is like a high school party rather than a circuit event. The entire event and the organizer is just plain low quality. And the guys there....well, I will tell you, while there are some adonis, the majority are just ugly with typical flat chest, skinny bodies of asians.....singaporeans do not have a reputation of good looks anyway.

I also joined a boat tour of the Adaman Bay (with a local Thai tour comapny). And I felt this was the highlight of my Phuket trip during Nation V.

Brad the Impala
September 12th, 2006, 01:10
If you want to find out more for yourself, visit this website:

It lists Day passes as being available in Thailand from 1,700 to 3,000 Baht per day, rather than the prices quoted in other posts. Perhaps there is a price discrimination being operated to encourage more local people, Thais and Farangs, to attend?

www.fridae.com/promo/nation/20060910.htm (http://www.fridae.com/promo/nation/20060910.htm)

September 12th, 2006, 02:44
It is amazing to me the number of posts this subject has brought about. Nation VI is simply a circuit party. It may not be like the White Party in Palm Springs or many of the other big parties. Gay asia is a work in progress. The Nation parties are no different. They suffered a setback last year at having to cancel at the last minute and arranged for it to be held in Phuket thanks to the homophobia of the SG government. Yes it is expensive. But then does anyone ever think of the cost of producing this kind of thing, even with some sponsorship? If you can't afford to go, DON"T! Go to My Way or one of the other bars in Paradise complex and spend 1500 baht for a short time f**k and be done with it if that's what you want. I would be the first to advise that Nation VI might not be the best venue for a pick up.

Scott's comment "And the guys there....well, I will tell you, while there are some adonis, the majority are just ugly with typical flat chest, skinny bodies of asians.....singaporeans do not have a reputation of good looks anyway." is his opinion. After 30 years of coming to Thailand I can tell you that any go go bar in Thailand has mostly guys I am not interested in but there is always one or two that are real lookers. Bangkok as a whole the same way. That is the same in any place you go from West Hollywood to Shanghai. Every individual has his likes and dislikes. Over the years I have met what I consider to be some stunning Chinese guys in KL and SG.

As one poster put it these guys are there to have a good time and some will score and get laid. They are not paying out all their money to look for us older farangs for a sugar daddy. They don't need it, don't want it. If being around a couple of thousand guys enjoying themselves does not suit you, don't go! If you are worried that spending 3000 baht for a day pass is too much, don't go! If you can't just go to something like the Nation party for fun and to go with the flow, forget it! You will probably be miserable company for those there anyway.

I'm with Brad. Look at the pics on the web site yourself and decide. Looks to me like a lot of people were having a lot of fun. I know that the guys I have personally talked to enjoyed themselves and are going back. Maybe Nation VI will not be the highlight of my trip but it will be three days to enjoy myself. God knows it has to be better than the last few years of BKK Gay Pride or the Pattaya Gay Festival. I will likely be in BKK for this years gay pride event but I'm certainly not hoping for much.

September 14th, 2006, 13:36
.....Scott's comment .... is his opinion....

LOL, of course everything I said is my opinion. Your post is not comming from your opinion? did you conduct some sort of opinion polls before you post your words here everytime? LOL