View Full Version : only 25 customers in Dreamboy Bar ...

September 7th, 2006, 10:49
... at 10.35 pm when the lights dimmed for the start of the main show. Over the following 50 minutes, only a few more came in, with the total not exceeding 35 or 40. The benches were less than half filled, the stools not used at all.

This is the worst "crowd" I've ever seen in Dreamboy which previously I remember as being filled to the rafters with customers at showtime. Is this the lowest of low seasons?

The quality of the show too seems poorer than before, nor was there anything truly explicit. Perhaps word has gone around about that, causing the crowd to evaporate over the last few months?

The charge was 220 baht, 10 percent hgher than I remember from my last trip.

September 7th, 2006, 11:12
did the charge include a drink?

September 7th, 2006, 11:20
As far as quality of shows is concerned, it seems to me that you just have to be in the right place at the right time. Last time I was at Dreamboys (two months ago), my friend and I had a really enjoyable time, the place was busy and the show was great (with the excpetion of the over long Thai/English/Chinese speaking katoewey section of the show). There was no explicit nudity (just a few throbbers in bikini's) and therefore of course no sex. Many of the bars seem to have periods where they are fantastic and periods when they are not so good but I always find X-Boys to be a good place to spend some time in. Future Boys always seems popular and leans towards the sexy shows more than the dance/entertaining shows - but you can be unlucky here to with shows that last no more than a few minutes. I think you just have to take your life in your hands and choose a couple of places to visit and try and fit in with their show times - sometimes you'll get a great show, sometimes you won't.

As for bums on seats, I don't think it's a case of high and low season. From one night to the next there are differences in the numbers of punters in the bars. One night bars will be half full or even close to empty, the next night they may be packed to the rafters. There is no such thing as a 'friday night' in Thailand as every night is party night - but who can keep up with that pace?

220 baht per drink is actually pretty standard in Bangkok gay bars and has been for some time. A few months ago drinks were being charged at 250 baht on a Fri/Sat/Sunday.

TrongpaiExpat
September 7th, 2006, 14:20
There is no such thing as a 'friday night' in Thailand as every night is party night - but who can keep up with that pace?

Yes ,for the Silom bars but the saunas have more of a crowd on weekends. Babylon is packed Saturdays, the only day during the week that matches Sat. is Wed. with a sometimes short show. The other saunas Farose, 39, Chakran etc are weekend affairs only. Chakran is especially good on early Sunday evening, perhaps all those who did not get lucky On Fri and Sat pay a visit as a last resort.

The bars near Ramkamheang are dead week days but come alive on Fri and Sat.

You can certainly tell it Friday night by the Bangkok Traffic as well as standing cheek to cheek in all the Subways/Skytrains.
[/quote]

Alan-old
September 7th, 2006, 14:22
I was in BKK last weekend. All the bars were going full blast with sexy shows. Boys had a ninety minute show with plenty of explicit sex. Fresh Boyz and Fresh Beach Boyz, as well as Future Boys, were excellent. I didn't care for X Boys or X Men, which basically seem to have the same shows. Too much cabaret and not enough c**k.

I didn't get to Dream Boys but I've been told it has an excellent show.

September 7th, 2006, 14:25
With the larger bars on some nights the appearance of package tourists (from China) tends to swell the crowd without affecting the chances of a boy to get an "off". A friend tells me that there was an item on an Australian television news the other night about Chinese package tours to Thailand; the major impact seems to be greater attendance at transvetite cabaret shows by gawping tourists. Perhaps there's an opportunity for Maisie there as well?

catawampuscat
September 9th, 2006, 16:58
We checked out the show Boys (formerly Boys Bangkok) last nite and it was a bore from start to finish..No nudity , no sex just whipping
with the rubber hoses.. I did see plainsclothes police with police style radios and one or two in the audience..220B. a drink

A friend caught the show last nite in Dream Boys and was charged 270B. a drink and also no sex and no nudity..
Another friend said Hot Male had a hot show with nudity and sex etc. ,so you never know..

The nite before at Hot Male, the boys all wore blue jeans without shirts and the early show (around 10PM) was short and so darkly lite you could barely see
the oral action but you could hear and see the whipping by the rubber hoses.. Such violence (simulated, of course) but are all the
show producers into S & M? Maybe it makes it more butch and acceptable by the straight boys to have sex in public if it is violent and forced..?

orson
September 12th, 2006, 00:15
i saw the same show in hotmale friday nite. the 10pm show ended b4 it started. the main event for the night might have been those "fashion" show. at 10.30. i did not bother to watch it and left soon after.

i wonder if hotmale regularly put those whisky bottles on the prime spots to indicate you need to buy the whisky for you to be able to sit in the nice locations. i wish they had more explicit shows.

September 12th, 2006, 07:47
i was in most of the bars recently

Judging by your last post, there is little doubt about that revelation. :drunken:

September 12th, 2006, 09:45
observed on the nights following the 25-customers-at-DreamBoy night....

Boys Bangkok - 13 customers at start of 10.30 show. Grew to about 20 customers by the end of show. Acts were the tired old ones. Nothing explicit.

X-boys - about 70 percent full at start of show, about 90 percent full by end of show (some chairs in front row still empty). Show was well choreographed, including 3 acts (I think) performed by a professional troupe (whom I later saw moving from bar to bar doing their shows too). Explicit, but no fuck show (thank heavens! I've had enough of it)

Fresh Beach Boys - caught only the tail end of the show (i.e. about 11.30), with a posse of explicit big-cock boys on stage. Bar was about 90 percent full.

Fresh Boys - didn't stay for the show, because the mamasan pissed me off by incessantly asking "which boy you like?". However, as I was leaving just when the show was starting, I could observe the bar to be about 30 - 40 % full.

Hotmale - caught the tail end of the show (i.e. about 11.30), with an over-long big-cock parade. At that point in time, about 20 customers in the bar. Despite the name change, it still had a very shabby "Twilight" atmosphere.

Future - saw the minor show at 12.30. Had just 2 acts - UV-painted bodies and an over-long fuckshow, which had 5 guys serially fucking one bottom over a 15-20 minute period! Bar was 50% full (note however that it was past midnight). I had earlier in the evening poked into Future when the major show (10.30) was in progress. The bar was then nearly 100% full.

September 12th, 2006, 11:07
I have to agree with you about 'Fresh Boys'. I went in once and had the mamasan asking 'what boy you like', before I even had my drink. Then a second mamasan sat down asking 'where you from' etc and the same 'which boy you like'. I told them both I don't want any boy, just a drink and then watched as they directed a troupe of boys to sit down one after the other. High pressure selling or what? I lasted about five minutes, check bill, no tip.

Other notable mamasans include the one from Boys who stands directly infront of you during the show, grinning at you like a lobotimised cheshire cat and the mamasan from X-Boys who looks remarkably like the 'kiddie catcher' from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

I still like X-Boys. I don't recall ever seeing a XXX show there, just dance routines and sexy routines and occassional throbbers popping out of bikini's that lasts for approx. 1 hour. Nor have I seen an XXX show in Dreamboys, just entertaing, well choreographed shows - again upto or over 1 hour. Future Boys seems to be the place to go if you want guaranteed XXX, but as I said before, you can be unlucky and fork out for a drink and then get a show that lasts all of five minutes.

September 13th, 2006, 22:28
Boys Bangkok - 13 customers at start of 10.30 show. Grew to about 20 customers by the end of show. Acts were the tired old ones. Nothing explicit.

X-boys - about 70 percent full at start of show, about 90 percent full by end of show.Why change from numbers to percentages? Does 90% full at X-boys = 25 customers, 50 customers or NFI? Does 20 customers at Boys Bangkok equate to 50% full? Aunty (who I can now reveal to be a closet Australian) needs these statistics for her weekly comic Nuclear Physics for the Under Fives

September 14th, 2006, 13:59
Why change from numbers to percentages? Does 90% full at X-boys = 25 customers, 50 customers or NFI? Does 20 customers at Boys Bangkok equate to 50% full? Aunty (who I can now reveal to be a closet Australian) needs these statistics for her weekly comic Nuclear Physics for the Under Fives

A valid criticism. It's just that as numbers increased, and more people were moving about, it got harder to make an actual count, and so I relied more on an estimate of the percentage of seats filled. Most bars in Soi Twilight are roughly the same size. I'd say they can accommodate from 100 - 120 bums at maximum capacity. So if I had said a bar was 90% full, it would mean something in the region of 90- 108 customers in there.

September 15th, 2006, 01:38
used to be the Tawan (muscle men) put on a good show with good crowds...there was alwasy a jack off contest which was fun, and live fuck sho........I'm wondering if those things have been eliminated. WAs surprised in reading this thread to see no comments about it Let m e know aloha

September 15th, 2006, 08:39
I was in Dream Boy last night. There were at most 40 customers, more than a quarter of whom were some Taiwanese who came for the show and left soon afterwards. I was keeping a close eye on the number of "offs". It didn't get into double figures. Two Westerners offed 3 boys between them. (The whole bar knew about the Taiwanese because that replusive drag show at the end asked one of them where he was from)