PDA

View Full Version : Singin' in The Rain!

September 7th, 2006, 10:34
The American Film Institute poll puts Singing in The Rain at the top of the pack as the greatest movie musical. The top ten list is as follows:

1. Singin' in the Rain
2. West Side Story
3. The Wizard of Oz
4. The Sound of Music
5. Cabaret
6. Mary Poppins
7. A Star is Born
8. My Fair Lady
9. An American in Paris
10. Meet Me in St Louis

Not sure what made the top 100 list but I would hope to have seen Johnny Depp's 'Cry Baby', Ethel Merman in 'There's No Business Like Show Business', 'The Producers' (original version), 'Scrooge' The musical with a rip-roaring chorus of 'Thank You Very Much', Bab's 'Hello Dolly', Monroe & Russell out bossoming each other in 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes', I'm dreamin of a 'White Christmas', 'High Society', 'The King & I', 'Moulin Rouge', 'Oliver' and 'Grease', to name but a few!

Aunty
September 8th, 2006, 02:31
The American Film Institute poll puts Singing in The Rain at the top of the pack as the greatest movie musical. The top ten list is as follows:

1. Singin' in the Rain
2. West Side Story
3. The Wizard of Oz
4. The Sound of Music
5. Cabaret
6. Mary Poppins
7. A Star is Born
8. My Fair Lady
9. An American in Paris
10. Meet Me in St Louis

Not sure what made the top 100 list but I would hope to have seen Johnny Depp's 'Cry Baby', Ethel Merman in 'There's No Business Like Show Business', 'The Producers' (original version), 'Scrooge' The musical with a rip-roaring chorus of 'Thank You Very Much', Bab's 'Hello Dolly', Monroe & Russell out bossoming each other in 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes', I'm dreamin of a 'White Christmas', 'High Society', 'The King & I', 'Moulin Rouge', 'Oliver' and 'Grease', to name but a few!

I can't believe they made West Side Story number two! All the other's listed I like to a lesser or greater extent, but am I the only one who finds West Side Story cringe making? I mean come on, all those supposed tough gang kids are dancing around like a pack of ballet sheilas pouting their arses and bouffanting their hands. TheyтАЩre all poofters, you can tell by looking at them. I felt the danger, yeah right.

September 8th, 2006, 16:24
I can't believe they made West Side Story number two! All the other's listed I like to a lesser or greater extent, but am I the only one who finds West Side Story cringe making? I mean come on, all those supposed tough gang kids are dancing around like a pack of ballet sheilas pouting their arses and bouffanting their hands. TheyтАЩre all poofters, you can tell by looking at them. I felt the danger, yeah right.

Get real! Can't you get it into that thick Antipodean brain of yours that it is all fantasy and make-believe?
As for the "ballet sheilas" they are all a lot physically fitter than any Aussie or NZ sportsman you could name and contrary to popular belief they are not all gay (or using your word poofters).

Your really are one of the most ignorant, prejudiced persons I have ever come across. But then, of course, you are from NZ (or Oz) so one must expect such ignorance.

September 8th, 2006, 17:48
Richard Beymer said he saw his (nelly) self on screen, went outside and threw up.

Remember these? (Best we forget.)

Can't Stop the Music (Stop it before it kills!)
Clambake (The worst of Elvis--And that's saying some!)
Die, Mommy, Die! (I loved it! reminded me of home.)
Glitter (All that glitters is...dumb. )
Grease 2 (Should have quit while they were ahead.)
The Kissing Bandit (But good for a giggle.)
Mame (Lucille Ball playing Lucy as Mame. Could have called it, Eyes Wide Open--I think they're stuck!)
Moulin Rouge (Cirque du Merde!)
Rhinestone (Dolly Dollies, Sly sings! `nuff said.)
the Sound of Music (The hills are alive with the sound of...retching.)
Staying Alive (R.I.P.)
Xanadu (Xana doo, is right!)

Aunty
September 8th, 2006, 20:51
Get real! Can't you get it into that thick Antipodean brain of yours that it is all fantasy and make-believe?
As for the "ballet sheilas" they are all a lot physically fitter than any Aussie or NZ sportsman you could name and contrary to popular belief they are not all gay (or using your word poofters).

Your really are one of the most ignorant, prejudiced persons I have ever come across. But then, of course, you are from NZ (or Oz) so one must expect such ignorance.

Lol, you stupid fool.