PDA

View Full Version : trip over

bing
September 7th, 2006, 09:26
Hi guys
Well the tirp is over and It seems the worst thing is that i caught a cold. I think it was the air conditioning. Good news for travelers- seems they airport people are so worried about hair gel they did not bother me with any searching of bags on the way home. However don't be a dope and bring home nasty things.
List of things that jump into my mind from this trip. No logical order---

Korean Air hostesses look like Madame Butterfly in their coral blue outfits. I have the highest hatred for a 14 hour flight anywhere. but the Korean gals do try to make the flight painless as possilbe. They have a scarf that sticks out 6 inches over their shoulders and some plastic hair pins that look like something from the opera world.

MP3 Players are geat travel companions. I think of them as my private karioke. Hmmm, was asked by two friends to stop singing on Jomtien Beach. Seems, while I love the Irish Tenors, I don't sing like them. Personally I like singing "The Wild Colonial Boy" along with the three Irish Tenors. But like Puff The Magic Dragon, I slipped into my cave of a beach chair and just listened to the music.

The Crazy Dragon is a place of enjoyable sleeze for me. I spent several nights there. I'm sitll not sure if i like to hear go-go boys smile and say hello pappa when I walk in.

Had a great supper at Amor with to friends one from last year and one from 5 years ago. I did not think about introducing current best friend to best friend from years past. The evening went well as both guys were perfect gentlemen. Probably they won't be best friends but were perfect supper companions.

I mentioned in the past that Howards Guest House has their safe on the floor and was hard to get to, the room I had this time had the safe in the closet and was up off the ground and easy to get to. As for the Thai guys who hang around Howards. They are cute and were no bother.

Rit's chairs are still ground zero at the beach. One of the guys has moved on to a job at Poisiden Hotel. Still pleasant as ever. After the second day you are welcomed as favorite uncle.

Am tired now , will post more later.

bing
September 8th, 2006, 12:07
The easiest way to find Rits, is to walk by the new Toilet house and Rits is the third set of chairs. There is a Coke Chest that has a sign on the side of it that says Rits.

A bit more of explanation of the supper at Amor might be appropriate. Last year, my friend of several years was at home in the country. He is not in the bar boy scene any more but we are still friends, and my current friend is a hair stylist. They were both congenial at the meeting at Howards and also at the restaurant. Both are even tempered guys and it was an enjoyable evening. But I sure could understand that a potential problem could arise if either was prone to drama.

Over the years I've stayed at Ambiance, Cafe Royale, and Flamingo. The elevator at Howards is a very nice thing to have in the Guest House. especially at 1 or 2 a.m.

I am not the best to review the go go places, but Jimmy Jimmy James or however they spell it is bright and festive. Kaos has a fun place, I was there as they ended the evening or early morning. All the boys up on stage put their plastic numbers in a bucket passed by one of the mamasans. It must be a ritual and all the boys were singing out with gusto along with the song and when it was over they make a dive for their clothes. Boom, the night was over.

I did wander into two places that seemed to have some younger teens, but did not stay. I won't mention their names.

This trip was 15 days long and seemed to shoot by in a heart beat. Will count the days till next visit.

kodiak
September 8th, 2006, 22:47
I have also experienced getting sick...cold or Flu upon my return to the states.....every time....?? Starts with a bad sore throat and then upper respiratory problems......The second time I got sick....I was scared I may have contracted something worse....but doctor confirmed all ok.......Wonder what measures one can take to prevent such things.....and I heard someone mention the air con before also...? Its quite annoying to get very sick every time I come back from Thailand. Maybe im just sick to get back to the daily grind..?