PDA

View Full Version : The Nepalese are coming

wowpow
September 6th, 2006, 07:48
Thailand to export 10,000 workers to UAE
BANGKOK, Sept 5 (TNA) - Thailand will sign a memorandum of understanding (MOU) (Memoranda of Understanding) with the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to send Thai workers to the Persian Gulf country, one of the Arab world's wealthiest oil producing countries and will allow more Nepali workers to come to jobs here, Thai Labour Minister Somsak Thepsuthin said Monday. Mr. Somsak said he had recently discussed labour issues with his UAE counterpart Ali al-Kaabi who told him that the country wanted to import over 10,000 Thai workers, mainly welders.

Under the MOU, he said, sending the Thai workers will be carried out on a government-to-government basis and that an estimated revenue of Bt 6 billion (about US$161 million) will be generated and brought into the kingdom each year. However, the minister did not disclose when the MOU will be signed.

Meanwhile, Mr. Somsak met with Nepalese state minister for labour and transport management Ramesh Lekhak Monday for discussions on extending Thai- Nepalese co-operation regarding labour. Currently, the minister said, a total of 22,628 Nepalese nationals are legally permitted to work in Thailand -- 7,698 entered in 2004, 8,737 in 2005, and 6,193 so far this year -- and the number is expected to increase. Mr. Somsak said he and his Nepalese counterpart agreed to form a joint committee to review the employment arrangements of Nepalese workers in Thailand to ensure that it is carried out legally.

There are also numbers of illegal Nepali workers in Thailand. (TNA)-E009

September 6th, 2006, 08:18
One could hope (doubtless in vain) that the Nepalese might send some Gurkha troops to train the Thai army, whose only skills to date seem to be killing unarmed Thai nationals protesting for democracy

September 6th, 2006, 09:11
The nepalese are lovely people.... should blend in nicely. But very few gay ones.

September 6th, 2006, 11:16
But very few gay ones.I beg to differ. Have you BEEN to Nepal? I have, and I can assure you there seems to be the usual percentage of gay men there. Perhaps no open gay "society" but as a gay man, I think you'd have no problem finding a gay Nepali to "socialize" with...

allieb
September 6th, 2006, 13:27
The nepalese are lovely people.... should blend in nicely. But very few gay ones.

Look on the world map 20 degrees west to 100 degrees east and 20 degrees north to 40 degrees north

This is what we expats in the middle east call the bugger belt. Most, if not all men in the countries of this region practice buggery. They do not consider themselves gay.In fact far from it. They all have sex with men go on to get married and still continue to have sex with men because they prefer it. The Nepalese are no different. Dont spoil your chances by confronting them with being gay. Just do it enjoy it and say nothing. Even a sort of relationship is possible or special friend as they call it as long as you follow the rule and dont use the G word.

September 7th, 2006, 05:29
I haven`t been there - but i know around 50 of them in London.

All married and all extremely friendly........they just love to feed me.