PDA

View Full Version : Last flight into Don Muang...

catawampuscat
September 4th, 2006, 14:09
I heard from a dear friend that he is flying into BKK on the last day of operation at the old airport and just before midnite..
Of course, he is concerned and hopes there will not be any confusion but he is a bit nervous about his driver going to
the right airport and all services still being in place..
We have heard from many who are concerned about flying into the new airport soon after opening but it may be tricky for
my friend being on one of the last flights into the old airport.. choke dee kup..

September 5th, 2006, 01:02
could be fun the day after the changeover.

wonder how many tourists will end up at don muang by mistake and how many BS will also make the mistake. Would make a fun video documentary recording their experiences!

HawaiiBoy
September 5th, 2006, 02:50
I'm arriving this week for a three-week holiday and (luckily!) had booked myself out on the last day Don Muang will be in operation. Should I feel like a rat fleeing a sinking ship? I just hope they haven't pulled too many of the personnel out for training at the new airport. It will be an interesting week for airline personnel, to say the least.

September 5th, 2006, 05:14
Will he be bringing you a carton of your favourite duty-free ciggies, catawampus?

September 5th, 2006, 10:43
I heard from a dear friend that he is flying into BKK on the last day of operation at the old airport and just before midnite..
United Airlines is advising their customers that the arrival of their single flight (from NRT) on the 27th at 2305 (1105pm) will be at Suvarnabhumi, NOT Don Muang. Has your friend verified with his airline which airport it will be using for his arrival?

My hunch is that UA is planning to land at the new airport that night to avoid having to ferry an empty plane over from Don Muang the next morning for the 0645 departure to NRT. Perhaps other airlines would follow the same tactic?

catawampuscat
September 5th, 2006, 11:25
thanks Bkk gwm.. my friend reads this forum regularly and I will email him to make sure he doesn't miss the information..It might
make him more nervous being the first UA or NW flight into the new airport but at least he will be closer to Pattaya..Let's hope the
pick up drivers all get the message as well and the chaos will not be as bad as some imagine.. Kaos but the way is one fun place in
Sunee Plaza Pattaya but that is another matter.. :cat: