View Full Version : It is that time of month again...

September 3rd, 2006, 09:18
....when you know you want to go away for a short break, but you are just too lazy in this, the last of summers feverish onslaughts, to do anything about it. So what do you do?
You ask S G T for suggestions and sit back and lazily choose an idea. Thailand is good of course, it is only a hop...but Bangkok? I need a perfect beach and a deep cooling clean sea, so the gulf is not so good.... I've run out of ideas already.

Dboy
September 3rd, 2006, 14:11
Hey C: Sorry I don't know what part of the world you're from, but you might want to chk out Sosua, Dominican Republic (airport code: POP). White beaches, good prices, only 1 1/2 hr flight from Miami. I'd stay away from the all-inclusive vacation factory places and try something like this:

http://www.tropixhotel.com/the_tropix/the_tropix.html (gay-friendly hotel with wireless Internet)

I haven't done this trip yet, but I'm thinking about this for the next long-weekend we have, October 9th.

Dboy

TrongpaiExpat
September 3rd, 2006, 15:18
I don't know why so many posters leave the location section blank? It's often confusing when the post makes reference to here or there.

Dboy, why bother leaving Florida. The west coast has some pretty nice clean beaches, but full of breaders. Miami has Hulover, nude and gay. Some look good other's are OMG.

Who actually goes to Jomtiem for the beach and water?

Aunty
September 3rd, 2006, 16:18
....when you know you want to go away for a short break, but you are just too lazy in this, the last of summers feverish onslaughts, to do anything about it. So what do you do?
You ask S G T for suggestions and sit back and lazily choose an idea. Thailand is good of course, it is only a hop...but Bangkok? I need a perfect beach and a deep cooling clean sea, so the gulf is not so good.... I've run out of ideas already.

Bora Bora, Tahiti. (pronounced Tar as in car-he-tea, not tee hiti).

Ok there's no gay night life or much in the way of night life, but if you want a truly relaxing holiday on a beautiful beach with lots of diving and swimming away from the common folk that's you place. All budgets catered for from expensive to outrageous. And who knows if you show your sexually full young man's body maybe you might be able to pull a gorgeous island boy or two? It is the South Seas don't forget. Yes those South Seas!

www.tahiti-explorer.com/borabora.html (http://www.tahiti-explorer.com/borabora.html)

Sen Yai
September 3rd, 2006, 17:09
Cedric, it seems that Dboy, Trongpai and Aunty have not been paying enough attention to your posts........

From your home, I would have thought that a great place for a short break would be Boracay. It' a beautiful laid back little island with the whitest sand and clean clear water. There is a little gay life there if you need the company too.

GWMinUS
September 4th, 2006, 06:27
Be there in January with my Pinoy MAN Special!!!
Looking forward to 4 glorious days!!!
:bounce:

September 4th, 2006, 10:13
Oh yes thanks for all the suggestions. Yes I did say Bangkok was just a hop away, and it was a short break. But your suggestions all sound delicious anyway and i will store them for another time, thank-you. nothing in Thailand?
Sen Yai, Boracay sounds fascinating, mostly because I have never ever heard of it before? I will look this up. It isn't an island in the Philippines by any chance is it? This has been a no go zone for me, for a long time, perhaps things have changed, i don't know? I just didn't feel like being kidnapped or shot or meeting up with one of my ex-gardeners, because then I will definitely be kidnapped and shot. Knowing him I will be shot first and then kidnapped.

Long story, but always do a personality assessment on your gardeners before letting them stay, we learn the hard way. The Alfa one's are the worst, ran amok, burning down his living quarters, simply because he can't read or write and was convinced he had been short changed. He slept under the stars for months as a result, and slowly built up a terrifying hatred of me, especially when he learnt that I had found out that he couldn't read. I couldn't have him in the house, he literally seethed with a highly volatile and uncontrollable aggression, every-thing just got out of hand, for my own safety I got him deported. This is probably an unfair basis to judge the Philippines on, but it will take awhile to adjust.

Maybe Vietnam somewhere, for this break? The intention is that it happens next week, better get my act together, there might be some nice beaches not far from Hanoi? :idea:

Sen Yai
September 4th, 2006, 10:46
Cedric, yes Boracay is an island in the Philippines - one of the most popular for HK expats (or FILTH , as an ex-poster here liked to call them). Try this link: Gay Boracay (http://www.geocities.com/julian_bernardo/GayBoracay.html) or google for more. I know what you mean about Manila. I was mugged at gun point there once. Best to transit at the airport straight through to Caticlan (jumping-off point for Boracay)

If you are thinking of Vietnam, try Na Trang or Da Nang for beaches, or Hue, if your looking for a little culture too. The beaches are further south, maybe accessible via Saigon, or you might get a direct flight to Na Trang.

September 4th, 2006, 11:02
HK expats (or FILTH , as an ex-poster here liked to call them)We're sure that Cedric himself isn't FILTH?

September 4th, 2006, 11:24
Thanks Sen Yai, I will look into this today. Yep, i just asked my maid when she came in about Boracay, she said, oh yes it is full of pedophiles, you know where Ed comes from. Ed is the gardener. She black mouths anything outside a manilla anyway so maybe it is not as she says. Think i will keep that on hold for a bit.
From here to Vietnam I will be using Dragon air, a subsidiary of Cathay, last time I looked it was. Not sure where they fly direct too, but i think Saigon.

Thanks C

Sen Yai
September 4th, 2006, 11:29
asked my maid when she came in about Boracay, she said, oh yes it is full of pedophiles....

Not Boracay I think. There is another place in the Philippines famous for that - I can't remember the name, but I'm sure someone else here could advise!

Dboy
September 4th, 2006, 11:50
Boracay pictures on TrekEarth:

http://www.trekearth.com/search.php?phr ... &search=Go (http://www.trekearth.com/search.php?phrase=Boracay&type=&search=Go)

Srry Cedric I didn't know you were in HK.

Dboy

September 4th, 2006, 12:14
Srry Cedric I didn't know you were in HK.
Dboy

Neither do i half the time. Nice pics, though "Boracay man" looks a bit scary, just waiting to slit your throat, and burn down your hotel. I must learn to put the past behind me. So is Boracay a simple flight from Manilla, has it it's own airport even?http://upload4.postimage.org/1042034/boracay_man2_f_s_.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1042034/photo_hosting.html)

September 4th, 2006, 13:56
asked my maid when she came in about Boracay, she said, oh yes it is full of pedophiles....

Not Boracay I think. There is another place in the Philippines famous for that - I can't remember the name, but I'm sure someone else here could advise!

Are you thinking of Pagsanjan Falls?
For a long time, every kind of scam; it became a place to avoid.
Now, as I've been told (Maybe wrong), it's attracting mostly Flip gay & lesbian.

Amusing story about a boxing match there. Boxers turned out to be gay.
It took four men to get them apart!
Which makes me wonder...about the men who were trying to get them apart.
Age old question: "How do you seperate the men from the boys?"

Just an aside; the rice terraces of Banue/Batad, Baguio: high up in the mountains, are called the 8th gay wonder of the world (WTH must the first seven be? And, NO, I am not one of them!) with very fashionable drag queens in every guest house and as trekking guides. I'd feel like (Was it?) Ethyl Merman in Hit the Deck: Where Are the Men! Are they invisible?

September 4th, 2006, 20:37
The Vietnamese are being iffy about visas and things, and Boracay is riddled with "corrupt pedophiles", so it's back to square one.

September 5th, 2006, 08:47
I was in Borocay with my boy special for four days and I never saw any pedophiles . You must be thinking of some other part of the Phils. Most of the people in Borocay are either rich white gays and straights or Filipino service workers. All very laid back. Yes, it is beautiful with stunning sunsets and almost pure white beaches.

One thing I found amusing about Borocay and the Philippines were its shopkeepers. The contrast with Bangkok shopkeepers was startling. My boy special wanted to buy some swimming trunks and stopped at a booth with at least 100 shorts hanging on a line. When boy special asked about swimming trunks, the shopkeeper said, "No, no swimming trunks. Have running shorts." In Thailand, a shopkeeper would have grabbed hold of my boy special and not let go until he had bought at least five pairs.

I had a nice time in the Phils, visiting the Visayans (the middle part of the archipelego). But I kissed the ground when I got back to Thailand.

Although this might seem off topic, in the Philippines, I never saw so many pawnshops in my life! It seems that half of the Filipinos migrate to other countries to work and send money home where it is picked up at pawnshops. That happens in Thailand too, but not to the extent of the Philippines and not as visible either.

American Donny

September 5th, 2006, 08:47
I was in Borocay with my boy special for four days and I never saw any pedophiles . You must be thinking of some other part of the Phils. Most of the people in Borocay are either rich white gays and straights or Filipino service workers. All very laid back. Yes, it is beautiful with stunning sunsets and almost pure white beaches.

One thing I found amusing about Borocay and the Philippines were its shopkeepers. The contrast with Bangkok shopkeepers was startling. My boy special wanted to buy some swimming trunks and stopped at a booth with at least 100 shorts hanging on a line. When boy special asked about swimming trunks, the shopkeeper said, "No, no swimming trunks. Have running shorts." In Thailand, a shopkeeper would have grabbed hold of my boy special and not let go until he had bought at least five pairs.

I had a nice time in the Phils, visiting the Visayans (the middle part of the archipelego). But I kissed the ground when I got back to Thailand.

Although this might seem off topic, in the Philippines, I never saw so many pawnshops in my life! It seems that half of the Filipinos migrate to other countries to work and send money home where it is picked up at pawnshops. That happens in Thailand too, but not to the extent of the Philippines and not as visible either.

American Donny

September 5th, 2006, 10:36
American Donny

Donny that's because they haven't yet bought the T-shirt yet, you know the one, that's says I HEART PEDOPHILES or pedophile out and proud. This is not the reason I wont go there, no number of child molesting perverts could put me off visiting a place. That is too say they should all be thrown in jail for preying on children in these poverty stricken nations, and the rest of us should be able to go there as tourists and help raise their standard of living.
Filipino's are a bit hot headed for me, I need to relax and leave my problems at home.

September 5th, 2006, 11:05
Filipino's are a bit hot headed for me, I need to relax and leave my problems at home.But isn't your maid (at home) from the Philippines (the one you give a free trip home every year using your frequent flyer points)?

Aunty
September 5th, 2006, 12:39
http://www.pamirs.org/images/panoramas/new/big/Wakhan%20from%20Yamchun.jpg

September 5th, 2006, 13:01
That reminds me of New Zealand's South island, somewhere just above Queenstown. Where is the place in your pic?

Aunty
September 5th, 2006, 13:23
That reminds me of New Zealand's South island, somewhere just above Queenstown. Where is the place in your pic?

Yes it does doesn't it? But no that's not where it is. Have another guess. I'll give you one clue. The river forms an international border.

September 5th, 2006, 13:54
My Final answer ... is it the Mekong River border between Myanmar and Laos or between Laos and Thailand? I'm taking a wild guess as I have never seen the area but am making the assumption that your pic maybe has a Thai connection?

Other than that I give up, but I still think it looks like the area above Queenstown :blackeye:

September 5th, 2006, 14:11
I still think it looks like the area above QueenstownDoesn't the border between Australia and Nw Zlnd run through Queenstown?

September 5th, 2006, 14:38
Where ever it is, YES PLEASE, Aunty. It's just perfect. It brings tears to my eyes, forget the beach. Thats one mother fucker of a river. Is China involved, the middle East? This is a real puzzle.

Looks like I will be in the city of angels next week, after all. I hope they have refrigerated that pool water, I very much hope. One last look at Cambodia with dragon air, problem is I am in shanghai today and I have to get visa's etc.

I think fatman is right, it's that bit that as you fly over the border into Thailand you get that sudden uplift from the thermals, a bit of turbulence and then straight sailing down and across the flat plains into Bangkok. Laos and Thailand, the Mekong? Only that coniferous scrub, mind you a bit out of focus, could be something else???

Thanks for sharing that picture with us Aunty, it made my day. I have become all day dreamy.

Aunty
September 5th, 2006, 18:04
Where ever it is, YES PLEASE, Aunty. It's just perfect. It brings tears to my eyes, forget the beach. Thats one mother fucker of a river. Is China involved, the middle East? This is a real puzzle.

Looks like I will be in the city of angels next week, after all. I hope they have refrigerated that pool water, I very much hope. One last look at Cambodia with dragon air, problem is I am in shanghai today and I have to get visa's etc.

I think fatman is right, it's that bit that as you fly over the border into Thailand you get that sudden uplift from the thermals, a bit of turbulence and then straight sailing down and across the flat plains into Bangkok. Laos and Thailand, the Mekong? Only that coniferous scrub, mind you a bit out of focus, could be something else???

Thanks for sharing that picture with us Aunty, it made my day. I have become all day dreamy.

Does this ring a bell???

тАжтАжтАжbut it could be set in the middle eastтАжтАжтАжтАжтАжтАжтАж.. rather a simple village setting lets say in Afghanistan?

they could smoke a lot of opium and see the world through a haze of death and destruction clinging to their love in the high mountain plateau. child like skin against skin buried in fur.

They leave just in time, for the mountains again but this time the very peaks where even the trees dare not tread. and one gets killed on the way, the other making it to a hideaway used by, well, insurgents. And there he suddenly finds out he is already a man, when he sees his face in the water a few wisps of hair trickle from his chin, he picks up a stone and throws it at a raven which drops dead with some fluffy flopping flapping of feathers, blood on his stolen shoes he cries.

And the mountain stream babbles away into the distance, he drops his loverтАЩs shirt which he kept in his tightly held fist, into the water, and it unfolds slowly and is gone.

This dear Cedric is the last view of Afghanistan that your beautiful Afghan will see as he makes his way to China. The river down below is the Pandzh river that forms the border between Afghanistan and Tajikistan. The beautiful barren mountains (where even the trees dare not tread) across the river are part of the Wakhan which in turn is part of the Wakhan corridor that reaches up from Afghanistan to touch the border with China. This picture was taken at Yamchun, in eastern Tajikistan, facing south, and is part of the Gorno-Badakhshan region, also know as little Tibet. It is a plateau region high up in the PamirтАЩs that the silk route crossed once it left China, and is one of the most remote and beautiful regions still left on the earth.

Cedric, you have sharp eyes!

And fatman you are right, it looks eerily like the High Country of the South Island, although this I imagine will be on a far grander scale and much much higher up.

September 5th, 2006, 20:10
how could i have known for sure, for sure i did, i have been there before, the imagination will play tricks with us, it left me in tears. I just wasn't ready, the shock, it's overwhelming . I didn't dare say the words, the memories, but yes Aunty it is, it is, you are right, it is exactly the right place.