PDA

View Full Version : Humor

September 2nd, 2006, 16:18
A friend sent these; if you don't like them, you can beat her. If you can find her.

Recently, when I went to a McDonald's I saw on the menu that you could have an order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken McNuggets. I asked for a half-dozen.
"We don't have half-dozen nuggets," said the teenager at the counter.
"You don't!"
"We only have six, nine, or twelve," was the reply.
"So I can't order a half dozen nuggets, but I can order six?"
"That's right."
So I shook my head and ordered six McNuggets

I was checking out at a local food store with just a few items and the lady behind me put her things on
the belt close to mine.
I picked up one of those "dividers" that they keep by the cash register and placed it between our things so they wouldn't get mixed.
After the girl had scanned all of my items, she picked up the divider; looking it all over for the bar code so she could scan it.
Not finding the bar code she said to me, "Do you know how much this is?" I said to her "I've changed my mind, I don't think I'll buy that today."
She said "OK." I paid her for the things and left.
She had no clue to what had just happened.

A lady at work was seen putting a credit card into her floppy drive and pulling it out very quickly.
When I inquired as to what she was doing, she said she was shopping on the Internet and they kept asking for a
credit card number, so she was using the "ATM thingy."

I recently saw a distraught young lady weeping beside her car.
"Do you need some help?" I asked.
She replied, "I knew I should have replaced the battery to this remote door unlocker. Now I can't get into my
car. Do you think they (pointing to a distant convenience store) would have a battery to fit this?!"
"Hmmm, I dunno. Do you have an alarm, too?" I asked.
"No, just this remote thingy," she answered, handing it and the car keys to me.
As I took the key and manually unlocked the door, I replied, "Why don't you drive over there and check about the batteries. It's a long walk."

Several years ago, we had an Intern who was none too swift. One day she was typing and turned to a
secretary and said, "I'm almost out of typing paper. What do I do?"
"Just use copier-machine paper," the secretary told her.
With that, the intern took her last remaining blank piece of paper, put it on the photocopier and proceeded to make five "blank" copies.

I was in a car dealership a while ago, when a large motor home was towed into the garage. The front of
the vehicle was in dire need of repair and the whole thing generally looked like an extra in "Twister."
I asked the manager what had happened.
He told me that the driver had set the "cruise control" and then went in the back to make a sandwich.

My neighbor works in the operations department in the central office of a large bank. Employees in the field call him when they have problems with their computers.
One night he got a call from a woman in one of the branch banks who had this question: "I've got
smoke coming from the back of my terminal. Do you guys have a fire downtown?"

Police in Cambridge interrogated a suspect by placing a metal colander on his head and connecting it with wires to a photocopy machine. The message "He's lying" was placed in the copier, and police pressed the copy button each time they thought the suspect wasn't telling the truth.
Believing the "lie detector" was working, the suspect confessed.

A mother called 999 very worried asking the dispatcher if she needs to take her kid to the emergency room, the kid was eating ants.
The dispatcher told her to give the kid some Benadryl and should be fine.
The mother said, I just gave him some ant killer.....
Dispatcher: Rush him in to emergency!

How does one revive a rodent?
Mouth-to mouse resuscitation.

September 2nd, 2006, 18:03
My maid started collecting bit's of my old computer endeavours, because she dreamt of one day becoming computer literate. Anyway she got a fairly nice flat top scanner from me and a key board and a console. Unbeknown to me she thought she was all set up. However she couldn't get it started, and kept telling me such, but you know what it is like chatting to the maid, half of what they say shoots straight out the other ear, it's usually about the price of washing detergent or the bitch next door who has three kids in America already. So I tossed her a computers for dummies booklet, and thought no more of it.

Then one day, I thought I had better go and look, as she said she had acquired a few odds and ends from her brother-in-law. Who apparently knows a lot about this sort of thing. When I went into her room I was bowled over by her collection, where she found space to sleep I have no idea, but she had obviously being scrounging the neighbourhood for all things computer. There was everything from an ancient fax machine too parts of what looked like a 1970's audio cassette player. She proudly declared that she had discovered at last, why it wouldn work, and with that she whipped out from an old plastic bag a food processor that looked like it had been used by Hannibal Lecter, pride and joy written across her face, she asked if I could put it all together, so she could video conference her sister with the good news.

September 7th, 2006, 17:18
Knock-knock
Who's there?
Little Old Lady.
Little Old Lady, Who?
Stop Yodelling and let me in, fool!

September 8th, 2006, 07:59
Knock-knock
Who's there?
Little Old Lady.
Little Old Lady, Who?
Stop Yodelling and let me in, fool! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :albino:

September 8th, 2006, 16:29
Funnily enough I had a American tourist stop me in the street and ask me a question that I had to think about.

Hope you didn't bust a corpsuckle.

I must have a friendly face because i dressed in my worst clothes on my day off and never combed my hair and he comes over and ask me "excuse me Sir,do you know where the Lavortory is"?
The what? WTF?

No. He probably thought you were a hobo who lives in the loo or a depraved cottage-queen.

....finally got it out of him its the dunny(toilet) he wants,apparently wanted to drain the main vein. I thought later there was all those people standing outside the markets and he comes up to me, i felt proud, until i realised he could of been a poofta trying to chat me up and take me to his labortatory.

Or a grave robber too lazy to dig,
an undercover-cop looking for wierdos,
an archeologist looking for a Neanderthal or, most likely;
a scientist who'd seen you do the chicken dance & wanted to do a transplant with a wallaroo's brain--And triple your IQ!