PDA

View Full Version : Gay? No low season deal for you!

bucknaway
September 1st, 2006, 23:39
What is the deal? Is there a different low/high season for straight establishments and gay establishments?

It seems that if I book at a straight location (Hotel), I am given a low season rate. If I book at a gay place, I must pay the high season rate?

Last year I stayed at room-club and in October I paid the low season rate. This year... someone waved a magic wand over them and now October is their high season???

I like the place but I am temped to cancel my reservation and book myself at Tui's place.... (Besides, I think I seen Tui and he is HOT!)

September 2nd, 2006, 10:42
Haven't stayed at Tui's, but have a friend who stays there frequently. Tui is very hot as well as a nice guy.

September 2nd, 2006, 20:52
I too have always wondered at this. When i stay at Cafe or Ambience, which i enjoy. They never offer a low season discount.
Yet most straight hotels do. In fact i stayed at Royal Cliff in May and they gave me a discount throgh my travel agent. And what a great place it was too.
Of course you dont have to stay at the places that dont offer discounts, thats a personel choice, but the 2 places i mentioned i think offer a great friendly gay service so the discount factor never bothered me when staying there low or high season.

September 2nd, 2006, 22:00
How many gay hotels and striaght hotels are available in Pattaya and Bangkok.

Is there really such thing like low and high seasons for gay travellers?. Straight families usually storm out of the country during school breaks i.e. Easter, July and Xmas but single gay men or gay couples can travel whenever suit them.

Gay hotels that cater mainly for gay people would not need to lower their price down just becasue there aren't many straight people around like in October and November. Lowering prices won't attract any more straight clients if the hotels are obviously gay.

manfarang-old
September 2nd, 2006, 22:12
I don't understand the confusion.
The only reason some hotels offer low season rates is that there are times when they need to attract customers to fill empty rooms.
Hotels like Ambiance and Le Cafe and, apparently, Room Club generally run full or close to full year-round and therefore have little incentive to offer low season rates.