PDA

View Full Version : There will be Taxis at the new aiport???

September 1st, 2006, 17:35
Did i read this wrongly? You dont have to go to the Transport center? there will be a certain number of taxis allowed to pull up at the new terminal?

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/70

**On the bright side, both domestic and international flights are located in the same terminal, which ends the need for the long hike between terminal buildings at Don Muang.

Arriving passengers exit at level two of the passenger terminal where they can queue for a taxi. Unlike Don Muang, taxis are not allowed to park kerbside at the exit. They park three kilometres always at the remote parking area, next to the bus station.

Similar to most international airports, a taxi supervisor radios a batch of taxis from the remote taxi rank managing the queue from a pool of around 400 authorised taxis.

Limousine counters are located on both the fourth and second floors, but also park at the same location as the public taxis.

So they park 3km away and the queue gets constantly topped up at the terminal?

Brad the Impala
September 1st, 2006, 20:16
You read it correctly. There didn't seem to be much point in illuminating the hysterics on the other thread, who may have passed reading, but failed in comprehension. Possibly their inability to regard any Thai person's thinking as "logical" blocked their view of the flaming obvious.

September 1st, 2006, 22:14
Sorry, Brad, but a direct quote from the airport web site :

"To get a taxi take a shuttle bus (Express route) to the Transport Center.
Public taxis serving Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi airport must be less than 5 years old.
Public taxi drives must be certified by Airports of Thailand.
Passenger drop off at Departures (level 4 - outer curb).
Passenger pick up at the taxi stand at Transport center."

If you want to check it out, here is the link, already quoted in the thread you disparaged.
http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/52

That says to me the only way to get a taxi is first to get a bus

September 2nd, 2006, 00:30
Will taxi's hired via hotels be able to come close to the entrance?

September 2nd, 2006, 00:35
A Thai friend i spoke to today just started training at the new airport today. he will be working at the information desk... he didnt believe me when i said no taxis could pick up at the terminal and is going to check it out for me. Just hope he knows the difference between private & public lol.

Brad the Impala
September 2nd, 2006, 00:42
gwn4asian, you will have noticed that both you and Oogleman are quoting from the same site, which is giving conflicting advice. In this circumstance, in Thailand, pragmatism rules. Trust me, you will be able to get taxis at the airport, like every other International Airport in the world. Yes Xuanloc, that even includes Hotel collections.