PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing taxi services

wowpow
August 31st, 2006, 23:49
Mr. Toom has been lauded on this board by many happy customers and praised for his quick responses. This has not been my experience. I e-mailed him on Saturday 19th August for a taxi Jomtien to Bangkok on the 22nd and an airport pick-up on the 28th. On Monday 21st I telephoned 4 times. 3 times the phones just rang out and once it seemed engaged. These were mobile numbers so missed calls must be regstered. I then e-mailed him to cancel the taxi for the 22nd and asked if he was in a position to so the airport pick-up on the 28th. I have not had a peep out ofhim. I e-mailed and cancelled.

Gems & Phon have always proved pretty reliable in the past so I booked them to pick up my friend at the airport at 1 a.m. on the 28th. My friend rang me next day very distressed. The taxi met him but broke down an hour out of Bangkok. The driver phoned Mr Phon but no replacement arrived for hours and had been to the airport with another customer and was returning. After a long journey from Michigan it took him over 5 hours to travel from the airport to Pattaya. Mr Phon offered a discount of 200 baht on the 1500 baht fare. My friend paid the driver 1000 baht - I thought quite generous in the circumstances.

TOQ
September 1st, 2006, 00:38
I have for the last couple of years used Boss & Baas Travel in Pattaya .. Have never experienced a problem.

Mr Panu is the contact and his numbers are:

01-333-0754 Mobile
038-710153 Office

panunott@hotmail.com

He is located on 2nd Road next to the White Inn Hotel.. (Just near Soi 17)

john

September 1st, 2006, 03:16
I am presently in USA returning in September. I have used Image Limo a couple of times without any problems; however, since they are double the price of most other taxi services I decided (based on the positive comments by posters on this board) to try Mr. Toom when I return. A couple days ago, I sent an email to Mr Toom and received a confirmation within 12 hours of my email. So, I am hoping to have the "good" experience related by others in using his service. For a previous trip, I tried to arrange taxi service with Gems & Phon - getting no response to my email - I contacted by telephone and got a quick "I'll call you back." He did call back a couple days later and I told him to forget it as I had made other arrangments (Image Limo).

bucknaway
September 1st, 2006, 03:52
I booked with Mr Toom and he got back to me in a few hours and followed up asking the times I desire for pick-up.

So far so good.

September 1st, 2006, 04:43
a small operator like Mr Toom who I'm sure is only too eager to please in that Thai way but if there's a hitch all the best laid plans will go awray. Sometimes these guys just overbook themselves and try to do the impossible.

I reckon after a long flight that tedious drive to Pattaya should be done in style-hence Image really is a must..I'm most surprised Teepee you didn't order the most luxurious limo to impress your American friends as I hear around town that you are an upper-class English gent of some substance and style. Next time why don't you go for the Penthouse's limo service and have 2 of their "kittens" meet your friend with a bottle of bubbly at the airport..that should give them a welcoming fright !

Hope you enjoy your holiday Bucknaway and actually make it out of the airport..I hear the Thai boys are already lining up for some of that black arse :cheers:

bucknaway
September 1st, 2006, 05:32
Pearl..... Now you know why I post my pics so often. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/paulindelaware/redx2.gif

wowpow
September 3rd, 2006, 19:31
wx40apf - you are right and green and economical but it's not an option for a plane landing at 00.15 hours when you are rushing to Pattaya to pay off your View Talay 5 condo early in order to get your ownership registered at the land office within the 49% of the condo owned by foreigners. This was due to View Talay changing the rules at the last minute. Originally their rule was first buyers get first option.

I'm sure that if the bus operators put on some better buses they would increase their share of the market. Presently many of the buses are very very old and have tight space between the seats. Why on this prime route don't they have some super de-luxe buses at a premium - reservations on the internet and running into central Bangkok? Maybe an opportunity for entrepreneur, Mr Botting? Let's wait and see what sort of buses run from Suvarnabhumi. Maybe there will be Image Oriental Express coaches serving cocktails, meals by Niddy's Nook, Cabaret by Boyz Boyz Boyz and Mazie Troilette (she gets everwhere - bless her little falsies) attendants by Jupiter 2000, Massage by Excellence and tour guide? well of course LMTU to regale passengers with wit and charm.

catawampuscat
September 3rd, 2006, 22:15
this must be the big job in BKK , lmtu was talking about recently..Well, it makes sense and one will certainly get an earful on the goings on
in Pattaya/Jomtien.. He doesn't even need a loudspeaker to regale the farangs...

September 3rd, 2006, 23:07
of course LMTU to regale passengers with wit and charm.

At least with LMTU onboard paseengers being bombarded with his inane ramblings would have no trouble falling to sleep in record breaking time :bounce:

September 4th, 2006, 00:21
we should go green! bicycle and rollerskates lanes between the airport & pattaya should be introduced.

Edith & Pearl in their finery on wheels would have all the locals joining in pdq.

daa raa
September 5th, 2006, 09:55
I just returned from LOS yesterday and used Mr Toom from BKK to Pattaya round trip. I was very pleased with his prompt service and fair price.