PDA

View Full Version : Throb - Mazie Trollette & new owner's birthday

wowpow
August 29th, 2006, 11:12
" Sept 18 Throb Showcase Maisie Trollette & guests New Owner Peter Sorrow's Birthday"

www.boxertravels.net (http://www.boxertravels.net)

August 29th, 2006, 12:53
any word on some new air conditioning ?

August 29th, 2006, 13:57
Any word if Maisie will also be doing some shows on the weekend before or after? I'd love to attend her show, but it is impossible for me to fly over on a week night and be back in time for work in the morning.

August 31st, 2006, 03:47
Can anyone tell me whether you can off any of those male dancers (not the ladyboys) in the Topman Show? Is it allowed and will they go, or, has it to be done on the quiet, if at all?

There is one I saw there last year and who still seems to be there (he is in those pics). I would really like to get to know him on my next visit!
Gerefan

bucknaway
August 31st, 2006, 05:17
Have the shows at Throbb changed any?

I remember the first time I saw a Throbb show! It was GREAT.

Then the guys... Pulled their pants off! :cheers:

Then the next number, They pulled their pants off! :drunken:

Then they pulled their pants off again! :geek:

And again! :salute:

And again! :fucyc:

And again! :banghead:

And again! :angry5: (they are gonna get a fabric friction rash!)

I left... But I hear they ripped their pants off again. :tard:

August 31st, 2006, 08:28
Can anyone tell me whether you can off any of those male dancers (not the ladyboys) in the Topman Show? Is it allowed and will they go, or, has it to be done on the quiet, if at all?

There is one I saw there last year and who still seems to be there (he is in those pics). I would really like to get to know him on my next visit!
Gerefan

Yes, I offed one of the dancers a while back.After the show they came round the audience shaking hands - at that point i asked him to come join me for a drink and we proceeded from there. If I rememeber correctly the off fee was 100Bht over a normal go-go.

August 31st, 2006, 11:25

Gerefan

Looking at Boxer's ( pic's http://www.boxertravels.com/newtopman/index.htm ), is the guy you are thinking of in the 2nd row of pics down from the top? (leather pants and belting out a lyp-sinc song with gusto). I certainly thought he was the most attractive of the performers/dancers (not counting the Dolly Sisters of course) and remember seeing him perform at Topman well over a year ago as well as in the recent relaunch show. If he is available for 'offs', I can't believe that he hasn't already bagged a Farang full time! The pics don't really do justice to how sexy this guys is.

August 31st, 2006, 11:30
Have the shows at Throbb changed any?

I remember the first time I saw a Throbb show! It was GREAT.

Then the guys... Pulled their pants off! :cheers: ....

.... And again! :angry5: (they are gonna get a fabric friction rash!)

I left... But I hear they ripped their pants off again. :tard:

Same Same!

Congratulations LMTU on your scoop and keep on posting those tidbits. Hopefully the new boss will bring a new show but hopefully with a little de-pantzing kept in :geek:

catawampuscat
September 3rd, 2006, 22:10
I wonder if the new owner of Throb wanted his full name and history revealed on the world wide web..Well, if he is a life time friend
of lmtu, he must not be surprised or annoyed but still, I wonder?

Throb/Splash has great potential and could use a freshing up and a few changes.. Should anyone visit soon please report on what
you think, especially if any changes..I am sure lmtu will have a report soon but it is good to have more than one opinion.. I will get back to
Pattaya in a few more days and check it out myself if I can drag myself out of Sunee, especially Krazy Dragon and Kaos.. :cat:

September 4th, 2006, 22:46
and what has Maisie got to do with the business if anything, the messages here are a bit cryptic.

September 4th, 2006, 23:07
what has Maisie got to do with the business if anything.

Nothing I hope. The tired old Queen is here far too much anyway with her unoriginal, boring and repetitive act.
She's considered a flop in Brighton (except by the other tired old Queens there who consider her an icon) and her novelty will soon wear off here.

wowpow
September 4th, 2006, 23:17
Mazie Trollette - what a delightful man. I chatted to him for a good half hour at a Pattaya party and only afterwards found out that he was a drag artist. Ilove his shows and his gravelly voice - no resorting to lip synching here - and his smart repartee. The make-up is a tad Carol Channing but maybe he is used to more sophisticated venues than Thailand provides. He only works now for charitable causes for which he gives his all. I well remember him arriving onstage at Balcony Bar Bangkok on crutches after a operation. What a trouper - BRAVA!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/FestivalBPFPinkParty2005.jpg

Better to be a has been than a never was. Not that I would ever insult anyone so ungraciously.
Titles can be removed for unladylike behaviour.

September 4th, 2006, 23:39
Lady Davina has it just about right. While her statement may seem harsh, the fact is that many of us view the farang drag queen entertainers a turn-off and the future is not theirs. The resident and visitor drag performers in Boyztown reflect the ancien regime of vaudaville to which many nostalgic queens from the West subscribe - the Way-Past-Their- Primers. The younger farang drag queens who periodically perform in Sunee Plaza are simply vulgar in appearance and behavior.

Since none of them have any singing, lipsyncing, dance or other talent.....I vote for the Dolly Sisters for their humorous mockery of stereotypic Euro bumpkin women.

With a little practice the Dolly Sisters could do a great mockery of the current drags who perform annually in Boyztown. These readily copiable drag performers are far more absurd than the image of the brutish, oversized and hair-brained Euro women they presently mimic.

September 5th, 2006, 05:18
many of us view the farang drag queen entertainers a turn-off and the future is not theirsSomeone has to provide opportunities for occupational therapy, surely? And who knows - perhaps the entire trip is tax deductible for dear Maisie

September 5th, 2006, 14:13
what has Maisie got to do with the business if anything.

Nothing I hope. The tired old Queen is here far too much anyway with her unoriginal, boring and repetitive act.
She's considered a flop in Brighton (except by the other tired old Queens there who consider her an icon) and her novelty will soon wear off here.

Having re-read my post above, my comments stand but I may have omitted one fact about her and have been remiss in that respect. I unreservedly acknowledge that in spite of her fading (faded) appeal she does tireless good work raising money for charities for which she is to be applauded.

September 5th, 2006, 16:42
So, who is the new owner of Throb

September 5th, 2006, 17:04
So, who is the new owner of ThrobThe opening post: "Sept 18 Throb Showcase Maisie Trollette & guests New Owner Peter Sorrow's Birthday"

Marsha-old
September 5th, 2006, 21:07
I do hope this is not what the new Throb will be about.The oldest has been drag acts, reliving there careers here in Thailand.
Maisie Trollette was good in her time. But this is the year 2006 and we are in Pattaya to see Thai boys and Thai culture.
As for the Dolly Sisters, 2 old over weight men dragged up and trying very bad to lyp sync to old over the hill music PLEASE?
They wouldnt even get a free gig in a Bingo hall in the Uk. So why do they do it here. Sad thats why

September 5th, 2006, 21:28
So why do they do it here.

Because they can let out their inhibitions and their fat bellies !! Sadly, thai boys think they are amusing (and unfortunately so do they).

wowpow
September 5th, 2006, 23:25
I do hope that people realise that it is not mandatory for everyone to go and see Charity cabaret acts, Throb shows, Boys shows or whatever. What we have here in Thailand is a wider range of choice than many countries and some shows the like of which cannot be seen anywhere else on earth. Please feel free to choose your delights and resist the desire to sneer at offerings that are not to your taste.

Tomorrow a taste of culture at the Belarus Ballet's Romeo and Juliet and a taste of Tawan. Next week a spectacular Aida and after some spectacular guys at Jupiter 2002 and the next day Mr Boy competiton in Soi 4. Not long after I'm off to the UK and hope to catch a Tristan and Isolde at the Welsh Opera's new home and then at Covent Garden Opera House they have a showing of the great silent movie Phantom of the Opera accompanied by a full symphony orchestra ( happily they have no chandeliers ). They sell seats for this movie at up to 2800 baht a seat and no drinks included or boys to cuddle - things will change when I'm Queen.

Self indulgent retirement needs a lot of work.

September 5th, 2006, 23:51
...Belarus Ballet's Romeo and Juliet and a taste of Tawan. Next week a spectacular Aida and after some spectacular guys at Jupiter 2002 and the next day Mr Boy competiton in Soi 4. Not long after I'm off to the UK and hope to catch a Tristan and Isolde at the Welsh Opera's new home and then at Covent Garden Opera House they have a showing of the great silent movie Phantom of the Opera accompanied by a full symphony orchestra ( happily they have no chandeliers )

A load of rubbish activities if you ask me!!! They are you're enjoyments TP, not sure if a typical Thai or Falang would want to go and see Belarus, Aida, Tristan and Isolde lol.

September 5th, 2006, 23:55
... is he the guy who is a sort of lappy to Maisie ... in his mid 50's or early 60's... loudish in his manners

September 6th, 2006, 03:16
A load of rubbish activities if you ask me!!! You're not an opera queen, WhiteDesire? You do surprise me. I thought all you FX traders in the City went in for the Yarts in a big way

Brad the Impala
September 6th, 2006, 05:00
I do hope this is not what the new Throb will be about.The oldest has been drag acts, reliving there careers here in Thailand.
Maisie Trollette was good in her time. But this is the year 2006 and we are in Pattaya to see Thai boys and Thai culture.

Pattaya is certainly the obvious place in Thailand to look for Thai culture, sadly many are disappointed not to find any culture at all there!

Brad the Impala
September 6th, 2006, 05:04
...Belarus Ballet's Romeo and Juliet and a taste of Tawan. Next week a spectacular Aida and after some spectacular guys at Jupiter 2002 and the next day Mr Boy competiton in Soi 4. Not long after I'm off to the UK and hope to catch a Tristan and Isolde at the Welsh Opera's new home and then at Covent Garden Opera House they have a showing of the great silent movie Phantom of the Opera accompanied by a full symphony orchestra ( happily they have no chandeliers )

A load of rubbish activities if you ask me!!! They are you're enjoyments TP, not sure if a typical Thai or Falang would want to go and see Belarus, Aida, Tristan and Isolde lol.

I don't think Teepee was asking you WhiteDesire, he knows better than that. He was however demonstrating the diversity of interests on this board, of which you yourself are a classic example.

September 6th, 2006, 06:03
[quote=I don't think Teepee was asking you WhiteDesire, he knows better than that. He was however demonstrating the diversity of interests on this board, of which you yourself are a classic example.[/quote]

"I dont think", I know he wasn't asking me but you got my reply whether you like it or not!!

September 6th, 2006, 08:20
Pattaya is certainly the obvious place in Thailand to look for Thai culture, sadly many are disappointed not to find any culture at all there!What nonsense. It's under the boys' foreskins

wowpow
September 6th, 2006, 08:35
Lonely Planet's Thorntree site has just issued now guidelines. They are Australian based. These seem eminently sensible to me:

Don't make postings that:
* contain racist, sexist or homophobic comments;
* harass or 'stalk' any person;
* contain defamatory statements or personal attacks on others;
* disrupt users' enjoyment of the forums (for example persistent off-topic discussion on Thorn Tree or nonsensical Bluelist postings);
* personal details or private information about any other person (or anything contrary to our privacy policy)
* are made under another person's name or impersonating another person;
* contain commercial advertising;
* contain excessively coarse language or content which would be rated R, RC or X by the Australian Classification Board (for more information please see the Office of Film and Literature Classification web site at www.oflc.gov.au (http://www.oflc.gov.au)); or
* breach any intellectual property rights law or discuss how to commit illegal activity.

September 6th, 2006, 09:27
These seem eminently sensible to me:
* breach any intellectual property rights law
What's that going to do to the Board's most prolific cut'n'paster? :cyclopsani:

Up2U
September 6th, 2006, 09:35
Lonely Planet's Thorntree site has just issued now guidelines. They are Australian based. These seem eminently sensible to me:

* contain racist, sexist or homophobic comments;
* harass or 'stalk' any person;
* contain defamatory statements or personal attacks on others;
* disrupt users' enjoyment of the forums (for example persistent off-topic discussion on Thorn Tree or nonsensical Bluelist postings);
* personal details or private information about any other person (or anything contrary to our privacy policy)
* are made under another person's name or impersonating another person;
* contain commercial advertising;
* contain excessively coarse language or content which would be rated R, RC or X by the Australian Classification Board (for more information please see the Office of Film and Literature Classification web site at www.oflc.gov.au (http://www.oflc.gov.au)); or
* breach any intellectual property rights law or discuss how to commit illegal activity.

Does this statement follow the guidelines? " Thais prefer girl children over boys Japanese have male heir.
I read somewhere recently that they do as they are better at looking after their family in old age? The Japs seem happy now - ..."

Maybe yes, maybe no, but definitely not politically correct.

bao-bao
September 6th, 2006, 09:36

Pattaya is certainly the obvious place in Thailand to look for Thai culture, sadly many are disappointed not to find any culture at all there!

Using Pattaya as the brunt of it, here's my favorite "culture" joke:

Q: What's the difference between Pattaya and yogurt?

A: Yogurt has a living culture

heehee

September 7th, 2006, 02:40
" Sept 18 Throb Showcase Maisie Trollette & guests New Owner Peter Sorrow's Birthday"

www.boxertravels.com (http://www.boxertravels.com)

If you had used the cut and paste function that 97.3% of your post are made up of then everyone on this board and half of Pattaya would not be getting the geezers name wrong.

The new owners name is: Peter Storrow

Yes there's a T in the name ... just like Teetowel

September 7th, 2006, 02:44
Some of you guys don't enjoy her act but don't you think it strange that everywhere she appears there is a full house.

If you don't like it push off some place else but don't preach lies to the majority who think she is great

Show some respect

September 7th, 2006, 04:10
If you don't like it push off some place else but don't preach lies to the majority who think she is great. Show some respectPopularity = respect?! :bounce:

September 7th, 2006, 06:32
i think i must be the only one who hasn`t seen maisie in action lol

September 7th, 2006, 08:29
i think i must be the only one who hasn`t seen maisie in action lolWelcome to the club

September 7th, 2006, 10:46
Nothing against Maizie in particular, but drag shows in general are not my cuppa. Add to that a crowded room, even worse. I don't quite grasp the concept of "benefit" performances, dinners, lotteries, etc. If I want my money to go to a worthy cause, I simply donate it. Why thrown in some hokey entertainment?

September 7th, 2006, 11:05
Nothing against Maizie in particular, but drag shows in general are not my cuppa. Add to that a crowded room, even worse. I don't quite grasp the concept of "benefit" performances, dinners, lotteries, etc. If I want my money to go to a worthy cause, I simply donate it. Why thrown in some hokey entertainment?

a) The owners of the bars throwing the 'hokey entertainment' actually do manage to raise significant funds for the charities/causes they support
b) Something old (Maizie), something new (new owner of Throb), something borrowed (many show ideas are nicked), something blue (pay a visit to Krazy Dragon) - a mix of entertainments can't be wrong.
c) 'Benefit' performances give something for the punters to look at and also, in many cases, 'up' bar sales.
d) Some of the Thai Guys benefit from these shows in 'winnings' for competitions like Throb's 'Rear of The year'.
e) Many of us have our own favourite charities we sponsor on a regular or ocassional basis, but to 'give' and have an enjoyable time at these events can't be a bad thing either.

I don't recall seeing Maizie's performance, but if you like drag enjoy it. Same for those who like the Katoewey shows, which seem to 'drag' on for ages, all power to you if you enjoy them. Opera, not my 'cup of tea', but some like it. 'Mr Handsome Man' competitions, now there is a real show.

I say well done to the bar/restaurant and other business owners who spend their time and often their own money in putting on shows whilst raising cash for charities and good causes.

September 7th, 2006, 15:35
And don't spell check. keep the cyber-police on their toes.

I am interested to see how Peter Sorrow will go down in Pattayaland Boys Town

Is there a new way?
And will he let you watch?

September 7th, 2006, 16:56
If I was the owner of Throb/Splash the first thing I would do is knock down that stupid wall, in between the rooms, it is a total waist of space, this would be a wonderful room if it was redesigned.

I understand that if that wall was knocked down the rest of the building would fall into the club. Was told (but dont know how true it is) that building regulations prohibit the removal of such a load-bearing wall.

Gaypattayan
September 7th, 2006, 18:49
Mumbaighost inquired, quite a few messages above:

"Any word if Maisie will also be doing some shows on the weekend before or after? I'd love to attend her show, but it is impossible for me to fly over on a week night and be back in time for work in the morning."
"
As we mentioned in the Weekly Report on Thailand for theweek of Sept. 3, Maisie will also be appearing at The Balcony Pub, Silom Soi 4, on the evening of Sept. 21:

Qujoting: "and another Maisie Trollette concert on 21 September. Full details are shown on our website at: http://www.balconypub.com/events.html " -- end of Simon's report.

The return of Maisie Trollette, an amazing star from the Brighton circuit in The U.K.., who always comes up with something new and seemingly always "brings down the house", should assure a great program for the Balcony on September 21, following on the heels of the Miss Silom and Mr. Silom contests just one and two weeks earlier." --end

G.P.