PDA

View Full Version : Did Hollywood get sold or not

lonelywombat
August 29th, 2006, 07:57
About 6 months ago the board was running hot with rumours and denials about the future of Hollywood

Is it too soon to comment?

dab69
August 30th, 2006, 10:00
guessing if it was sold and torn down as rumored
someone may have noticed by now

Up2U
August 31st, 2006, 06:43
.....May Be there worried about being blocked out as the next project I hear that is going to be even bigger on the old Sugar Hut Land, will cut out all the view from next door so there Property values will be less.

Please expand on this statement. And where was the old Sugar Hut land? Thanks.

wowpow
August 31st, 2006, 22:44
I failt to see any connection with those who chose to make deposits for View Talay 7 before planning permission was granted and the rumoured development of Hollywood. LMTU is getting his wires crossed again. As far as I know there are no current plans about Hollywood being developed but it is not a place on which I keep tabs.

"VT7 Twin Towers? LMTU View Talay 7 is one tower. Jomtien Complex has twin towers. Wake up please!

"No HOLLYWOOD has not been sold as a matter of fact they are building a karaoke bar out side at the moment." LMTU on the View Talay & trail.

I don't think LMTU knows what a rumour is so:
"Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) ru‧mor  /ˈrumər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[roo-mer]
1.a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts: a rumor of war.
2.gossip; hearsay: Don't listen to rumor.
3.Archaic. a continuous, confused noise; clamor; din.
тАУverb (used with object)
4.to circulate, report, or assert by a rumor: It is rumored that the king is dead.
Also, especially British, rumour."
courtesy www.dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com) which is also useful for checking spelling and word meanings.

It is NOT the same as a statement purporting to be the truth.

I for one would be very careful of making any definite statement about anything in Thailand. Facts are very flexible here.

Up2U
September 1st, 2006, 04:32
UP2U Asked quote:- Please expand on this statement. And where wa the old Sugar Hut land? Thanks.

It is the very large chunk of land in between the Avalon Hotel Resort and the VT7 Twin Towers

I think you are referring to the long narrow plot of land just south of the Avalon Hotel (VT5) and just north of the Sea Falcon Restaurant. Is this another View Talay project or a new developer?