PDA

View Full Version : cluboneseven

August 29th, 2006, 04:33
We like to stay in cluboneseven in Phuket ( www.cluboneseven.net (http://www.cluboneseven.net) ) next jan. Anyone can tell me it's a good place or not ? Thanks.

bucknaway
August 29th, 2006, 04:54
It was a very nice place when I was there last year. It is a good bit down the road and away from the gay area... You know the area? Where Connect Guest house is and the Sauna?? Well it is no where near there....

You can get to it easy by hiring a TukTuk or Motorbike to give you a 3 minute ride to the place or walk it. When I was there I walked it and enjoyed the walk... Mind you that I had a twisted ankle.

They have a Hot-tub on the roof (It was not ready when I was there.... They were still putting down the pavers on the roof when I got there.

The staff is friendly and the room was the best I ever had. But the bathroom was nothing to remember. I mean it was clean and bright but it wont make you feel like a special person when you are washing up...

They have free WiFi in the rooms but they were not able to tell me the password to connect to it. (They were just opening when I was there). The breakfast (Included in the room cost) was decent.

If there was anything I could complain about the place... It would be that it was far away when I wanted it closer to the action (but there were many times I was glad it was far away from the action). But the Internet not working did kinda put me off a bit. That is all. I would consider staying there again without a second thought.

But this time when I come I am going to stay at the K hotel on the suggestion of a guy I talk with on Fridae.com

Pics of Club one seven

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a337/blkcuteguy/P1010083.jpg

The TV was Cable and got many English speaking stations and even has FOX news!!!!! :)

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a337/blkcuteguy/P1010082.jpg

The room I had was facing the street but I don't remember hearing any noise from the street.

And the room came with its own safe.

August 29th, 2006, 06:44
I didn't like it. The place is way too far out from Paradise/gay beach and expect to pay at least 100 bh for the ripoff taxi trucks.
The rooms are small and dingy, no views whatsoever. I don't remember much action on the rooftop jacuzzi or sundeck for that matter. For Patong, you're better off staying at a place that is close to Paradise, or the beach. Don't bother with this one.

August 29th, 2006, 10:00
Their web site would have you believe that they are right on the beach (I believe the previous guest house *was* indeed in the beach), so it is a horrible disappointment to arrive and find that you are across from a sewage pond! At first they were reluctant to cancel our reservation, and we had to hint at exposure in international gay media before they would cancel. They should move the guest house to a proper location, or just give up completely.

August 29th, 2006, 10:05
"Top Chinese"...isn't that an oxymoron?

lonelywombat
August 29th, 2006, 10:28
I stayed last Xmas there at the same time as Jinx. The place is out of the way.
I had stayed at the old place until a few days before the tsumani, and it was perfect across the road from the beach
But even there it was a drag getting to/from the paradise area and the gay beach.

The main problem is getting a tuk tuk home as they charge outrageous prices and it is take it or leave it, couldnt care less.
last new years eve about 2am they wanted 200 baht each to drive us less than a mile.
Motorbike taxi is usually 100baht when you can find one.

Although breakfast is included I used to wander around to the 3/4 star hotels where they had buffet, and variety
Places like Holiday Inn, Patong merlin are reasonable for lunch as well.

But forget the expense the Pattaya Beach Bungalows are perfect location, an easy walk to Paradise and the gay beach right outside.

What you pay extra room rate for you save in other ways, including convenience and tuk tuk hire when yopu can find one.

Finally location. All the new shops, restaurants and open bars not all filled with breeders, a nice mix if you already have a partner

lonelywombat
August 29th, 2006, 10:29
duplicated

August 29th, 2006, 11:42
Some negatives have been posted here and I would like to post the positives.

It is completely gay owned but does welcome straights as well. The owner and staff are probably the friendliest of any hotel/B&B I have stayed in and will offer to show you around or take you out to the bars at no charge. The rooms although small, are well decorated with no cheap furnishings you find in many places.

The guesthouse is about 150-200 metres from the beach but this was a forced relocation as the previous guesthouse was hit by the tsunami.

It is a mile or so from the gay scene and the tuk tuk's do charge 100 baht (taxi bike was 50 baht when I was there). The walk though does not seem very far and a few times I walked down to the beach late at night and enjoyed a gentle meander back to the hotel. My rose tinted memory suggests I never had any problems with getting either a taxi bike or tuk tuk.

As for 'no views', I had a balcony at the back of the house with an unobstructed view of the hills/mountains and a cooling night breeze drifting down from the hills.

Breakfast is cooked to order and evening meals are delicious. The dining room opens up to a roadside front patio with a couple of tables if you like to dine under the stars.

I could not get internet in my room (this may have changed by now) but could easily log on to the free internet in the dining room or outside patio. They also have a computer available to customers if you do not have your own laptop.

The jacuzzi was installed and operating very nicely when I was there on the sunroof and there was talk of building a small pool area at the back of the hotel. There is a small gym located in the reception are with mostly weight/lifting machines.

If you want to be within staggering distance of the bars this is probably not for you. It all depends on what you want. I liked this place a lot. I found the distance to the gay scene not to be a problem and the benefits of friendliness, service and style outweighed any distance factors.

August 29th, 2006, 19:16
"Top Chinese"...isn't that an oxymoron?

Not if the Chinese is attached to a screaming bottom like NorthStar.

August 29th, 2006, 22:26
Ah, yes. Good point. It's all relative, I guess.

August 31st, 2006, 06:54
Thanks for all information, special Bucknaway and Fatman41 . We will stay 22 day's in Cluboneseven in Jan. We did not get discount but they offer us the best rooms . Lonelywombat we not go offend in bars all my friends have Thai friend age up 30 and not bar boy's. ( Been in Phuket many years and still have the same buffalo hi hi hi ).

First we where looking to rent a villa whit 4 rooms, but difficult to find in Patong and only if we rent 3 months !

Feb., Mars i go Pattaya ( me only ), Flamingo hotel or Monty.

Breakfast at Monty's and diner at Niddy's, i love it !

September 1st, 2006, 05:42
It sounds like you have made your decision. I have a mixed review. I stayed there for five days in March. I had no complaints about the management of the place. They were friendly and went out of there way to be helpfu. I did find it a little out of the way and would have wished it to be closer to the beach.
I like to walk, so happy to walk up to the bars in the evening. The 100 baht bus back did not bother me. Only 3$ or less US.

The negative part was the noise from the street. My room was on the street side and the noise from the trucks, motorbikes was unending. Added to that was the continual howling of a pack of dogs. This went on for most of the night, each night. I can tolerate and expect some noise, but this was unbearable.

Ask for a room away from the street.

lonelywombat
September 1st, 2006, 07:25
Lonelywombat we not go offend in bars all my friends have Thai friend age up 30 and not bar boy's. ( Been in Phuket many years and still have the same buffalo hi hi hi ).

Breakfast at Monty's and dinner at Niddy's, i love it !

Balziel I am not sure of what you are trying to say. I do not feel that these open air bars, restaurants with or without bands

are not welcoming for gays. Over the top behaviour, kissing, hands down trousers or anything that attracts attention to you

being gay should cause you problems, but enjoying your self whether it be with male or female friend is unimportant, if you

respect others. I feel Phuket is more accepting than Pattaya

jinks
September 2nd, 2006, 02:22
IMHO http://www.johncorp.com/holidays/thai/club17/index.htm