PDA

View Full Version : Those new facial recognition search engines?

extronaut
December 24th, 2023, 12:23
With sites like pimeyes, all you need to do, is upload any picture of someone, and the search engine will find other pictures of this person around the web.

So, if you hired a money boy on your last trip to SE Asia, that boy can now track you down when he needs a new mobile phone.

Some of these people are poor and desperate, others are just insanely greedy, so chances are, he probably will.

How does that make you feel?

Moses
December 24th, 2023, 22:57
====With sites like pimeyes, all you need to do, is upload any picture of someone, and the search engine will find other pictures of this person around the web.====

... and pay for search. One search costs $15 without any warranty of results.

extronaut
December 25th, 2023, 14:16
... and pay for search. One search costs $15 without any warranty of results.

Frankly, I'm sure more competitive services will appear. The internet is just getting started at mangling what's left of our privacy.

Moses
December 26th, 2023, 17:27
Frankly, I'm sure more competitive services will appear. The internet is just getting started at mangling what's left of our privacy.

I doubt that facial recognition will become widely available, since it is quite strictly regulated by law. Facial recognition is one of the methods of intelligence and counterintelligence activities, which all states would prefer to maintain their monopoly on.

It’s not for nothing that this startup is located offshore, and has distanced itself as much as possible from the governments of developed countries, and even so, quite a few lawsuits have already been filed against it.