PDA

View Full Version : Transport BKK - Pattaya

Max6969
June 23rd, 2023, 12:49
Any recommendations for this ?
Last year i used a Taxi Website, paid 1000 Baht.
I was happy with the service, but now im curious how others go from BKK Airport to Pattaya.
Also i see BOLT/GRAB do it cheaper, anyone used these apps for this longer distance ? (i use it only inside Pattaya)

Thnx

Oliver2
June 23rd, 2023, 13:19
This question always provokes numerous suggestions but I always wonder what the problem is with public taxis? Only very rarely have I had to wait more than a few minutes
for my journey from BKK to Pattaya. And if the plane is late or Immigration is slow, it doesn't matter.

Moses
June 23rd, 2023, 15:40
Any recommendations for this ?
Last year i used a Taxi Website, paid 1000 Baht.
I was happy with the service, but now im curious how others go from BKK Airport to Pattaya.
Also i see BOLT/GRAB do it cheaper, anyone used these apps for this longer distance ? (i use it only inside Pattaya)

Thnx

In January I used Grab and Bolt Bangkok - Kachanburi , then Kachanburi - Bangkok, Bangkok - Pattaya and Pattaya Bangkok.

NitNoi
June 23rd, 2023, 20:02
I fly business class if I can get a good deal but I don't like waisting money. The bus from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya is quick, comfortable, convenient and safe.
The Complex is a short walk from the Jomptien terminal or they will drop you in Pattaya.

DrewSpz
June 24th, 2023, 00:28
For years I’ve always used PT Taxi (you can find them on FB). Driver waits at the exit area and it’s less than the taxi stand (agreed these are always readily available) by nearly half. They drive fast too so it’s much faster than a taxi.

Max6969
June 24th, 2023, 01:55
This question always provokes numerous suggestions but I always wonder what the problem is with public taxis? Only very rarely have I had to wait more than a few minutes
for my journey from BKK to Pattaya. And if the plane is late or Immigration is slow, it doesn't matter.

Well Personally, last year there was a VERY long line waiting for taxi's and i could not handle the heat (1st time Thailand) so no way i could stand in that line.
Also i simply dont like them in any country... its so easy to hike up the price because "the tourist" doesnt know any better...
Now that i think about it....if there was no problem with taxi's, i suppose there would be no need 4 those apps would there haha.
(Maybe just because i like a fixed clear price, who know, Great if you have good experience with taxi's)

Daveuk
June 24th, 2023, 06:11
For safety’s sake I take the bus from the airport to the Jomtien Terminal from where I can walk with my weelie bag to my hotel in the Complex. I feel a lot safer in the big bus making steady progress at about 100 kph. I have used taxis moving at 140 kph weaving from lane to lane on the motorway unlike traffic in Europe and North American where lane discipline is the rule. Some of the drivers do too many trips in the day and rely on stimulent to keep awake. Thalland’s road safety record is poor.
The difference in time taxi/bus is about 15 minutes but could be longer on the departure timing.,

latintopxxx
June 25th, 2023, 02:02
fullyt agree, bus is much safer...

Dodger
June 25th, 2023, 10:10
I fly business class if I can get a good deal but I don't like waisting money. The bus from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya is quick, comfortable, convenient and safe.

I have to say this is a first.

I've never heard of anyone spending thousands of extra dollars for the comfort of flying business class - and then cramming themselves on a bus just to save a few baht on the final leg of the journey.

I'm not criticizing you, just scratching my head a bit.

francois
June 25th, 2023, 10:44
I recall a bus trip form Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi where they stuffed luggage in the well to the side exit door making it impassable. Not safe at all.

Oliver2
June 25th, 2023, 13:31
Max6969 is correct; few months ago there was annoyingly long queue for a couple of weeks.. It has happened two or three times during my seventy-plus trips and there is invariably a specific reason for it....on one occasion a city traffic-jam and, more recently, issues within BKK itself. However, any transport can be affected in these unusual circumstances , not just public taxis. My last two flights have been problem-free.
After twelve hours in a plane, sometimes a wait at immigration and at the carousel, I like to walk straight of the terminal and get on my way.

Kenny
June 25th, 2023, 15:42
I generally travel by taxi, having previously used the bus. I use Mike's Taxis in Pattaya, cost 1000 baht including tolls.
I stopped using the bus because of the wait for departure from the terminal and the longer journey time. The last time I used the bus, travelling from Pattaya to the airport, an Australian in his 20's sat beside me and played his holiday highlights on his smartphone all the way to the airport. These consisted of him having sex with a string of Pattaya's finest and I found it difficult not to look at the screen, resulting in a headache when we arrived at the airport.
Now I just take a taxi.