PDA

View Full Version : Current Tip Expectations

WanderThailand
May 10th, 2023, 01:57
I will be returning to Thailand for the first time since the pandemic hit, and I'm curious about the current expectations for tips for massages and for short term offs in both Bangkok and Pattaya.

1. What would be a good tip for massages with a happy ending and without?

2. For short term offs from bars in Pattaya, what is a good price to pay the boy?

3. I'm also going to be in Phnom Penh and HCMC, so I'm curious about prices there as well.

Thanks!

christianpfc
May 11th, 2023, 20:44
1. I go to those places in Saphan Khwai and Inthamara that state minimum tip 700 to 1500 (depending on boy, seems they can set their own minimum tip) and take those 700 or 800.

In Silom, asking prices can be much higher, a friend has recently been asked for 3000, and when he looked at the boy as if he had asked him to have a threesome with his mother, the boy recoiled and offered a handjob for 1000. With these prices and attitudes, I don't even bother with Silom any more.

2. The bars I frequent (Winner and Nice Boys), 1000 is well received and everyone wants to go with me again. However, Toy Boys want 1500. Other bars probably as well, but there too much clothing last time I checked was the first problem, didn't even get to the point of off-fees and tip expectations.

3. In Cambodia, the going rate seems to be 20 USD. That's what all gay massage quote as tip, and most money boys ask for. Anyone asking more than 20 I dismiss as greedy. Out of sport and scientific interest, I offered 10, and still get half of the boys for 10. No experience in HCMC.

Mancs
May 12th, 2023, 03:39
I was there recently and got back to UK yesterday. On the apps in Pattaya 1500 is often asked for. In Silom I was paying 2000 short time, 3000 long time until 7am and the men I took off were fine with that. To just drink together in Silom less than 2000 can be acceptable.

francois
May 12th, 2023, 16:06
I will be returning to Thailand for the first time since the pandemic hit, and I'm curious about the current expectations for tips for massages and for short term offs in both Bangkok and Pattaya.

1. What would be a good tip for massages with a happy ending and without?

2. For short term offs from bars in Pattaya, what is a good price to pay the boy?

Thanks!

In Pattaya, a message with a Happy Ending 1000; 500 without.

Short time offs in Pattaya 1000 to 1500 Baht.

Dodger
May 13th, 2023, 08:22
I can't speak for Bangkok or anywhere else for that matter, but as far as Pattaya goes 1,500 THB has been the standard tip for decades.

I'm always amazed that it hasn't increased over time...but who's complaining.

I'm even more amazed that people keep asking the same questions.

Armando
May 13th, 2023, 09:11
It seems par for the course over more than just this Board. Easier, I suppose, than trawling through older threads or checking the Search box, but it becomes boring.

I can recall when short time was always Bt. 500 in Bangkok for over a decade. This was when the exhange rate was fixed at US$1=Bt.25 - so $20. No idea when it upped to Bt.1,000 and then to Bt.1,500.

WanderThailand
May 14th, 2023, 04:58
The thread topic was pretty clear. If questions about tips annoys you then I suppose you could just not click on the thread.

I appreciate the responses.

christianpfc
May 14th, 2023, 23:21
I can't speak for Bangkok or anywhere else for that matter, but as far as Pattaya goes 1,500 THB has been the standard tip for decades.

I have been paying 1000, and everyone happy for a repeat, since I first came in 2010.

However I'm aware that some boys ask for 1500, in fact everyone in certain bars expects that and a few online ask that as well. But for everyone who wants 1500, there are five who will happily go for 1000 with me, so I pass those who want 1500.

A clear distinction has to be made what is asked for and what is actually paid. I have been asked for 1500, 2000 and even 3000, but never paid that much.

latintopxxx
May 15th, 2023, 03:37
...am soooo glad Christiam has chimed in....my experience has been the same...the point is when negotiating is to not offend (yes funny that coming from me)..when they ask for 1500 you reply with a laughing emoji that you are not rich...or that he must be very high class to charge so much...and that you usually pay not more than 900 or 1000...almost always they come back with "1000 ok"....as soon as they realise that this is not your first time riding a steer at the rodeo...they negotiate down...

Dodger
May 15th, 2023, 07:47
The thread topic was pretty clear. If questions about tips annoys you then I suppose you could just not click on the thread.

Sorry...that's not how we operate here.

If we see a topic that annoys us (for any reason) that's usually the first place we go so we can vent our frustrations...take a few jabs at another poster...show-off our cleverness...or just to be devilish for the hell of it.

Welcome to Sawatdee!

Andaman!
May 15th, 2023, 13:10
....as soon as they realise that this is not your first time riding a steer at the rodeo...
OMG you have graduated from ponies to steers

latintopxxx
May 16th, 2023, 03:19
....yes, much better ride....have even done the odd mare with a group opf straight friends (ages ago..)...was a learning experience

Dodger
May 16th, 2023, 10:56
[QUOTE=latintopxxx;294691]

....yes, much better ride.../QUOTE]

Agree...and they give better blowjobs than those shy ponies too.

[photo removed]
Moses

latintopxxx
May 16th, 2023, 13:34
dodger thats just too weird......sorry...just too weird

Dodger
May 16th, 2023, 15:52
dodger thats just too weird......sorry...just too weird

I thought you liked steers.

latintopxxx
May 17th, 2023, 03:01
dodger you need hekp......i guess thats how aids/covid was launched...someone fiddling with an ape/bat...

latintopxxx
May 17th, 2023, 03:02
anyway as usual this has veered completely off topic...

Dodger
May 17th, 2023, 07:38
......anyway as usual this has veered completely off topic...

Referring to "boys" as ponies or steers is when we started drifting.

Maybe we can avoid "veering" in the future if you start referring to them simply as "boys".

Mason45
May 17th, 2023, 10:19
Seriously are the current massage guys good value at 1,000 baht for one hour. Some barely go through the motions and only respond to most things when requested. I think alot of straight guys are just looking for easy money.

arsenal
May 17th, 2023, 12:48
Let's not go back to blaming straight boys for every not perfect hot boy purchase.

As has been said here zillions of times. Straight boys are way way better at the whole gay sex extravaganza thingy. But you need to tell them what you want before the game commences..

How many times?

Mason45
May 17th, 2023, 14:17
Point taken arsenal, actually I was referring to the Thais guys. The Cambodians go out of their way to make your visit as pleasurable as possible. I have several friends who are married to Thais and their Thai wives flatly refuse to employ Thai people. They're like a London fog, they refuse to lift.

Wolzek
May 26th, 2023, 14:15
1000 ST is still just fine for most boys in Pattaya. Sure the primadonnas in BoysBoysBoys want 2000-3000 ST but just stay away from chinese bars and you will find good value boys.

latintopxxx
May 27th, 2023, 03:11
lol...the 3000 ones can be negotiated down if you have time and patience..but guess the best way to show ones dissaproval is to ignore them

Daveuk
May 28th, 2023, 13:58
Wolzek - based on my recent experience in Pattaya I think 1000 is rather low for an attractive boy ST from the Complex bars. Maybe it would risk a grumpy or aggressive reaction. I usually pay 2000 LT following a good performance from him in bed, especially as a top and about 1400 ST.

christianpfc
May 28th, 2023, 21:06
lol...the 3000 ones can be negotiated down if you have time and patience..but guess the best way to show ones dissaproval is to ignore them
Agree. I find a starting offer of 3000 an insult, and I guess the boy would find a counter offer of 1000 an insult. A high demand from the boy's side I consider not a base for negotion, and pass such cases. I'm inundated with regulars who want to meet again for 1000, and never had problems to find new boys for 1000.

Wolzek
May 28th, 2023, 22:05
Agree. I find a starting offer of 3000 an insult, and I guess the boy would find a counter offer of 1000 an insult. A high demand from the boy's side I consider not a base for negotion, and pass such cases. I'm inundated with regulars who want to meet again for 1000, and never had problems to find new boys for 1000.

As usual I agree 100% with you ChristianPFC. Best is to just avoid BBB. That's what I do.
Other bars 1000 is fine. Sure I add 100-200 extra sometimes. That works with boys even from Toyboys.

Daveuk
May 28th, 2023, 23:54
I also agree with Christianpfc
It’s a while since I visited BBB - I’ve not found the boys I like there and the tip expectations. Also I don’t like the raucous groups of females sometimes there.
Overall boys from Toyboys are more expensive than those from the Complex bars.

tingtong69
May 29th, 2023, 12:38
Maybe its the low season now but i have had a couple guys who were amenable for 1000. And so many to choose from who are willing for that amount.
Havent found any well endowed ones though.

I do miss good boys bar and my chet from korat.

latintopxxx
May 30th, 2023, 02:49
nothing to do with low season...there have always been copious amounts of guys available around the 1000 mark...that is if one is searching via apps like grindr...gogo bars have added cost layers like drink for boy...drink for annoying mamasan...and off fee...

Dodger
May 30th, 2023, 08:34
......Best is to just avoid BBB......

I always felt that BBB, with all its polished chrome and perfectly choreographed shows, was better suited for Bangkok considering the clientele they cater to and the inflated prices.

I much prefer "sleaze" anyway.

latintopxxx
May 30th, 2023, 11:39
OMG....yes...OMG...I find myself agreeing with dodgy dodger...quick make that G&T a triple...

francois
May 30th, 2023, 12:38
I always felt that BBB, with all its polished chrome and perfectly choreographed shows, was better suited for Bangkok considering the clientele they cater to and the inflated prices.

I much prefer "sleaze" anyway.

BBB does cater to Chinese men and women and do doubt they enjoy the sleaze of the big cock shows and probably care little about the price of drinks, unlike we farang.

latintopxxx
May 31st, 2023, 03:34
surely you mean "size" of the big cock shows......for a land that has reproduced profusely Ive never ever seen so many tiny dicked men...in most cases the pubic hair was longer than the appendage..made me want to get out the hedge trimmer...

francois
May 31st, 2023, 12:48
surely you mean "size" of the big cock shows......for a land that has reproduced profusely Ive never ever seen so many tiny dicked men...in most cases the pubic hair was longer than the appendage..made me want to get out the hedge trimmer...

Suggest you check out the show at BBB and report your findings herein; interested people want to know.

latintopxxx
May 31st, 2023, 15:42
...oh never mind...don't think you understand who the comment was directed at...

AsDaRa
June 11th, 2023, 11:47

I'm always amazed that it hasn't increased over time...but who's complaining.

I am even more amazed the bath bus is still at only 10 baht. It is on that level how many decades now?

Oliver2
June 11th, 2023, 13:08
1995?