View Full Version : 8-Hour Layover in Suvarnabhumi Airport

cfnmhertsuk
May 3rd, 2023, 06:31
Hello,

I have an 8-hour layover at Suvarnabhumi Airport on my way from London to Manila. I'll be arriving at BKK at 6am and my connecting flight is at 2:30pm. Do you think it's a good idea for me to leave the airport and get a massage in Bangkok? Thanks for your advice!

francois
May 3rd, 2023, 11:21
No.

Kenny
May 3rd, 2023, 14:02
Definitely, go for it!

Oliver2
May 3rd, 2023, 14:04
A tempting prospect but I agree with francois. Perhaps spending the money to gain entry to one of the airport lounges would be a better option? I recommend the EVA one...decent and unlimited food and drinks and plenty of space. You can even take a shower there.

francois
May 3rd, 2023, 14:26
Unless you are traveling with little baggage and no reentry permit, you would have to enter Thailand as visa exempt, pick up your baggage, find a massage shop, arrange transportation, and then return and check back in at the airport with no guarantee the massage would be worth the effort. Would it be worth it?

Andaman!
May 3rd, 2023, 14:34
Book a room at the Miracle Transit Hotel (airside) for international transit passengers and fire up Grindr

latintopxxx
May 3rd, 2023, 16:41
andaman...u beat me to it....I 2nd the motion

Armando
May 4th, 2023, 10:18
Perhaps spending the money to gain entry to one of the airport lounges would be a better option? I recommend the EVA one...decent and unlimited food and drinks and plenty of space. You can even take a shower there.
Does EVA permit non EVA/Star Alliance premium passengers access to their lounge for a fee? I doubt it. I believe the only lounge avaiable at a fee is the Miracle lounge. Even there, though, there is a time limit of around 3 hours and taking a shower costs extra.

cfnmhertsuk
May 4th, 2023, 16:48
Thanks for the replies, everyone!

cfnmhertsuk
May 4th, 2023, 16:49
A tempting prospect but I agree with francois. Perhaps spending the money to gain entry to one of the airport lounges would be a better option? I recommend the EVA one...decent and unlimited food and drinks and plenty of space. You can even take a shower there.

Thanks, Oliver2!