PDA

View Full Version : Meeting places in Pattaya?

karius
February 6th, 2023, 23:00
I am staying in Pattaya for 2 months and wonder if there are any members of this group meeting for coffee etc in the afternoon/evening. It would be nice to meet new people just for chatting and get to know some of the members of this forum.

latintopxxx
February 7th, 2023, 00:56
...r u sure...like a cattery here sometimes..

davidmelba
February 7th, 2023, 01:50
I will be in Jomtien 14 March thru 21.. nice to meet other members. Can we contact each other privately on this website?

Jellybean
February 7th, 2023, 04:30
I will be in Jomtien 14 March thru 21.. nice to meet other members. Can we contact each other privately on this website?

Yes, davidmelba. After logging on, click on Private Messages at the top of the page. See photo below:

On the next page, click on Send New Message. See photo below:

Then enter the name of the member you want to send a private message to in the Recipient Users: box. After typing the first few characters a drop down menu will appear. You then select the appropriate recipient of your private message, enter a title and post/draft your message. See photo below:

Happy private messaging! :)

davidmelba
February 7th, 2023, 06:14
Oh..thank you so much! Makes this forum a little more friendly knowing we can contact other members.

Andy
February 7th, 2023, 11:49
I plan to stay at the JC from February 24 to March 11. It will be nice to meet new people.

Dodger
February 7th, 2023, 14:42
Why don't we just plan a "Sawatdee Reunion" for the end of February for anyone who wants to attend?

We did this years ago and met up at the old Memories Bar/Sunee and had a great time.

Just a thought!

I

Andy
February 8th, 2023, 01:36
Why don't we just plan a "Sawatdee Reunion" for the end of February for anyone who wants to attend?

We did this years ago and met up at the old Memories Bar/Sunee and had a great time.

Just a thought!

I

Great idea, Dodger! But may be this time relocate from the almost-dead Sunee to vibrant Jomtien? )

Dodger
February 8th, 2023, 06:12
Great idea, Dodger! But may be this time relocate from the almost-dead Sunee to vibrant Jomtien? )

Works for me.

Wolzek
February 10th, 2023, 13:26

No. Better to keep the tradition alive from Memories bar and meet in Sunee. I suggest Forest House bar. That way we can do our laundry at the same time.

Andy
February 15th, 2023, 12:31
I haven't seen the glory days of Sunее, so this place doesn't mean anything to me. And I'm afraid, given the current situation, it will be quite boring there. Well, at least we can talk in silence ) I would still prefer the Jomtien Сomplex, although if the majority is for Sunее, of course I will come there. How about Saturday, February 25th?

Dodger
February 15th, 2023, 13:10
Saturday Feb 25 works for me.

You guys just pick a bar - any bar - any place - Jomtien Complex seems better though.

Andy
February 15th, 2023, 14:23
Saturday Feb 25 works for me.

You guys just pick a bar - any bar - any place - Jomtien Complex seems better though.

Looks like it's only three of us for now who is intrested )

gerefan2
February 15th, 2023, 14:31
I’d be interested. Prefer Jomtien also.

francois
February 15th, 2023, 15:27
Jomtien has the action but lots of noise also although there are some quieter areas in the Complex for a get together. Sunee is much quieter such as Diamond Bar or Winner Bar outside.

Andy
February 24th, 2023, 16:52
With all due respect... will we have our "sit down" tomorrow? 8)

pong
February 24th, 2023, 21:35
Having just left Jomtien and back in BKK: there are a few lower-scale, much quieter and also with fewer guys bars around the corner, and 1 of these is named SUNEE. So even if I will not be there: would that not be the best of 2 worlds then? But is also looks into that Venue+show from 22.00=when the noise starts. Even more quiet a few in that soi where the HTLs are along. But of course its all up to you, just a suggestion
btw-even when there I stuck to Lao guys and had great meets with them.

Wolzek
February 25th, 2023, 03:59
With all due respect... will we have our "sit down" tomorrow? 8)

How to spot eachother in the vibrant ladyboy Mecca of Supertown? If we all wear makeup and glittery dresses we just blend in?

Andy
February 26th, 2023, 13:49
How to spot eachother in the vibrant ladyboy Mecca of Supertown? If we all wear makeup and glittery dresses we just blend in?

I always wear my gay flag bracelet on my right hand - I haven't seen any similar ones in JC or BT. My favorite hangout bar is Divarium, which is right in the center of the main soi of JC (Supertown). Boy Gaga on the side soi is also a good place to relax - they have nice music and smiley boys. Perhaps we could use some secret greeting words, for example: "Are you a friend of Dorothy's?" ;-)

Marsilius
February 26th, 2023, 23:51
There was at least one other get-together that hasn’t been mentioned so far. Maybe 15 or 20 years ago or maybe even before that. About 10 members met up at Cafe Royale, though the only one I can definitely recall was the late, lamented stalwart of this board “David in Pattaya”.

Wolzek
March 10th, 2023, 18:27
There was at least one other get-together that hasn’t been mentioned so far. Maybe 15 or 20 years ago

Maybe it hasn't been mentioned due to the OP was asking for someone to meet up with him. In present time. He wasn't asking for a history lesson about meetings 20 years ago.

dab69
March 11th, 2023, 08:01
Dorthy's Show Bar would. be a nice place in Jomtien with Noom from LCR working there.
Sorry I am not there to join...

cdnmatt
March 11th, 2023, 08:25
We'll be there ~Apr 20th. I want to make sure I miss Songkran as although I love Songkran, that sounds terrible for a blind guy.

Chuai-Duai
March 11th, 2023, 16:59
I tried to attend a meeting in Sunee years ago. I found the right place but just got bewildered looks when I enquired. I forget the organisers nick name but it sounded strange when I asked people. Turned out I was a day early but I’d missed it by the time I found out.

JomtienComplex
March 11th, 2023, 17:24
https://jomtiencomplex.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/jomtien-complex-map-2023.jpg

Pick a bar, any bar!

Marsilius
March 11th, 2023, 21:46
Maybe it hasn't been mentioned due to the OP was asking for someone to meet up with him. In present time. He wasn't asking for a history lesson about meetings 20 years ago.

Do try to read threads with a little more care. Regardless of the OP’s intention, I was merely following up on a post from Dodger on page 1 that did refer back to an earlier meeting. Our friend Chuai-Duai clearly enjoys the occasional reminiscence too.

Wolzek
March 11th, 2023, 21:57
https://jomtiencomplex.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/jomtien-complex-map-2023.jpg

Pick a bar, any bar!

I believe the majority here preferred Sunee. And cdnmatts presence will be the highlight of this illustrious company.

cdnmatt
March 12th, 2023, 09:04
I believe the majority here preferred Sunee. And cdnmatts presence will be the highlight of this illustrious company.

Yep, I'm allowed back in Thailand sometime end of March -- can't remember exact day, so just go with Apr 1.

April 20th is the plan at least, although open to change. Should be 3 Asians and two white guys. Everyone has been working very hard and we're all exhausted with life, so we're just going to rent a house in Pattaya for a month with a nice swimming pool and blow off some steam.

Should be fun! After that, we'll get back to normal life.

Wolzek
March 14th, 2023, 16:51
Yep, I'm allowed back in Thailand sometime end of March -- can't remember exact day, so just go with Apr 1.

April 20th is the plan at least, although open to change. Should be 3 Asians and two white guys. Everyone has been working very hard and we're all exhausted with life, so we're just going to rent a house in Pattaya for a month with a nice swimming pool and blow off some steam.

Should be fun! After that, we'll get back to normal life.

So many here have doubted you, your stories and your blindness. So this grand Sawatdee meeting will be your chance to prove them wrong. Latintop will bring a licensed optician to certify your blindness.

cdnmatt
March 14th, 2023, 16:53
So many here have doubted you, your stories and your blindness. So this grand Sawatdee meeting will be your chance to prove them wrong. Latintop will bring a licensed optician to certify your blindness.

I can't tell you how little I give a fuck about what other people think of me.

Well, except those close to me and whom I love. They're fine though and I ensure of that every single day. Everyone else can fuck off though if they don't like me. Those people can be gone, haha....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlKJDwViNKs

latintopxxx
March 15th, 2023, 02:13
...I have absolutely no interest in meeting cdnmatt....none...zilch...nada...and if i was forced to at gunpoint Id bring a phycologist to assess him...

cdnmatt
March 15th, 2023, 04:44
And if I ever had to meet latin, I'd bring an elementary school teacher to explain to him that it's spelled "psychologist", and not "phycologist".

latintopxxx
March 15th, 2023, 16:14
american spelling perhaps...and stop distracting from the issue...like the whole trans thing...just because u self identify as blind....doesnt mean u r actually ....

cdnmatt
March 15th, 2023, 16:47
american spelling perhaps...and stop distracting from the issue...like the whole trans thing...just because u self identify as blind....doesnt mean u r actually ....

Self identify as blind?

Wow, that's pretty low dude, even for you. You're one of those people where if we lived in a just society, immediately after you popped out of your mother's vagina, the doctor should have screwed your head off and the staff would have begun playing hacky sack with it around the delivery room. Unfortunately, they allowed you to stay alive, so now the rest of us have to suffer your inane, ignorant, totally non-sensical bullshit.

Self identify as blind? My optic nerves are dead, as in... my optic nerves are dead, you dumb fuck. While writing this, I'm not even looking at the computer screen, because well, I can't. I'm sitting here with a wireless keyboard and set of headphones while listening to screen reader.

If you had more intelligence than your average hamster, you would know that being blind isn't a fucken belief system, you dumb muppet.

Why don't you do the world a favor, goto Moscow and start protesting the war in Ukraine in front of the Kremlin? Then none of us would have to listen to your stupid bullshit anymore.

Wolzek
March 15th, 2023, 17:20
Wow! I can feel this Sawatdee meet-up is gonna be full of energy!

cdnmatt
March 15th, 2023, 17:42
Wow! I can feel this Sawatdee meet-up is gonna be full of energy!

Sorry, I'm actually a really relaxed, laid back kind of guy. Also an excellent cook.

Except for that point. You have no idea how difficult it is to go blind, and how proud of myself I am for what I've achieved and accomplished in the dark like this. As far as I'm concerned, folks like latin can fuck right off with ignorant and close minded remarks like that.

That, and before I head to Asia I need to mark one item off my bucket list, which is to do an open mic night at a stand up comedy club somewhere in Vancouver. The above post is just kind of an example of how I'd deal with a heckler in the crowd, type of thing. Nothing to be taken seriously.

Here, to calm things down, have a laugh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEYwJHFiGcY&t=2m48s

gerefan2
March 16th, 2023, 02:13
And if I ever had to meet latin, I'd bring an elementary school teacher to explain to him that it's spelled "psychologist", and not "phycologist".

How do you know how he misspelled it? Genuine question.

latintopxxx
March 16th, 2023, 02:15
oh dear...i see another self induced frothing at the mouth rant on the way...now whats that word for a male karen..

cdnmatt
March 16th, 2023, 05:35
How do you know how he misspelled it? Genuine question.

Screen reader. It speaks latin's version as "fi-col-ogist".

Upon thinking it was off, I copied and pasted it then went through it character by character.

EDIT; Sorry, to clarify, the Orca screen reader on Linux at least doesn't go off a dictionary or anything. Instead, it's been developed to read English phonetically. It literally just reads whatever it sees.

latintopxxx
March 16th, 2023, 05:45
maybe its like google maps...where the lady that lives in my phone misprounces place names all the time.....

cdnmatt
March 16th, 2023, 05:52
oh dear...i see another self induced frothing at the mouth rant on the way...now whats that word for a male karen..

See, here's an example of the problem I have with you. If you were a real man, you'd just own up, apologize, I'd accept, and we'd both move on.

Instead, you choose to continue acting like an immature imbicile, so.... treat people how you want to be treated. You're a grown man, not a 3 year old kid who needs to be taught how to behave properly.

You do realize that you poking fun at blind people in that manner doesn't hurt my feelings at all, but does make you look like a total fucken childish moron, right?

latintopxxx
March 16th, 2023, 11:02
I'm loving the self identified selective ...yes selsctive...victimhood...more than one member has questiioned your imaginary condition...but only now do you carry on like a mega karen...suspicious me thinks...how ndoes thw saying goes...me doth think the lady protests too much....or in my case...me doth love it when the mb protests too much...

cdnmatt
March 16th, 2023, 15:58
I'm loving the self identified selective ...yes selsctive...victimhood...more than one member has questiioned your imaginary condition...but only now do you carry on like a mega karen...suspicious me thinks...how ndoes thw saying goes...me doth think the lady protests too much....or in my case...me doth love it when the mb protests too much...

You do realize the more you talk, the more you're hurting yourself, right?

You're probably too stupid to even realize how intellectually empty you sound. If I were you, I'd just stop talking.

You're one of those few special people in life where the more you talk, the more dumb you sound. Just stop talking, it would be beneficial for you.

bkkguy
March 16th, 2023, 20:06
treat people how you want to be treated

so you are happy to have someone call you "an immature imbicile" (hopefully they will spell it correctly) or "a 3 year old kid who needs to be taught how to behave" or "too stupid to even realize how intellectually empty you sound" when you post something they don't like the tone of?

if someone is being an abusive dickhead and your response is to be an abusive dickhead in return what high horse do you get on to justify you are any different to them?

Kenny
March 16th, 2023, 20:48

You're probably too stupid to even realize how intellectually empty you sound. If I were you, I'd just stop talking.

You're one of those few special people in life where the more you talk, the more dumb you sound. Just stop talking, it would be beneficial for you.

Can you two please get a room?

latintopxxx
March 17th, 2023, 02:43
heavens no...rather set my hair on fire & put it out with a sledge hammer

Andaman!
March 17th, 2023, 13:40

This is a perfect description of just one poster on this board. Couldn’t be worded better. ITS YOU CDNMATTT

Wolzek
March 20th, 2023, 17:53
That, and before I head to Asia I need to mark one item off my bucket list, which is to do an open mic night at a stand up comedy club somewhere in Vancouver.

Can you promise us to do some stand up comedy at the Sawatdee get-together too? I am sure it would be appreciated by all.

tonyfromengland
April 7th, 2023, 22:41
I am still interested in a meeting on April 20th with anyone anywhere,::)

mr giggles
April 10th, 2023, 16:23
I'll see you at Club Manhole in downtown Kabul on Sunday!
(Take a left at Kandahar)

cdnmatt
April 12th, 2023, 03:06
I'll be up to meet, but it'll have to be sometime in May. My plans got delayed again, as per-usual. Business partner disappeared on me...

latintopxxx
April 12th, 2023, 11:21
dissapeared...suggest you go look for him thren...

cdnmatt
April 12th, 2023, 18:13
dissapeared...suggest you go look for him thren...

Suggest you learn how to spell.

latintopxxx
April 13th, 2023, 04:23
nice to see you saw the spelling mistake...now didnt my test work well...

gerefan2
April 13th, 2023, 04:41
Mistake(s)…..

latintopxxx
April 13th, 2023, 07:59
korrect...

cdnmatt
April 13th, 2023, 10:16

I'm blind, not mentally retarded you muppet. Screen reader speaks phonetically, and I do have the ability to go through text character by character.

Wolzek
April 13th, 2023, 20:06
I'll be up to meet, but it'll have to be sometime in May. My plans got delayed again, as per-usual. Business partner disappeared on me...

What a shame! So the big Sawatdee get-together at Forest house bar with Cdnmatt stand up comedy show is postponed to May!

latintopxxx
April 14th, 2023, 05:03
cdnmatt is tooooo angry to do comedy....needs to attend anger management classes .....

cdnmatt
April 15th, 2023, 22:25
cdnmatt is tooooo angry to do comedy....needs to attend anger management classes .....

Anger, fearless, take your pick.

latintopxxx
April 16th, 2023, 08:13
nah....tantrum...hissy fit...knickers in a knot...karen...come to mind

Wolzek
May 26th, 2023, 14:08
May month soon finished and not a peep from Cdnmatt. I really thought this would be his big moment to shine, the time when he actually met up in Thailand and proved all the doubters that he's real and all his stories are true. Guess not.

latintopxxx
May 27th, 2023, 03:08
he will claim eh was there but didn't see you...

Andy
January 27th, 2024, 16:35
I plan to stay at the JC from February 24 to March 11. It will be nice to meet new people.

Hi guys! Let me bring up this post from last year. We never met that time, maybe we'll try it this year? Are there any forum members who will be in Pattaya on the same dates?

francois
January 27th, 2024, 20:59
Me!

Dodger
January 28th, 2024, 07:04
Me too!

I need a night out.

bkkmfj2648
January 28th, 2024, 10:49
Hi Andy,

I should also be around.

Dodger - it would be nice to finally meet you....

Andy
January 29th, 2024, 11:10
Awesome! I hope this time we won't end up, like last year, arguing about the date and a specific bar ;-)

Andy
February 25th, 2024, 04:59
So, I suggest the date, time and place - February 27, Jomtien Complex, 9 p.m., Divarium bar. Or suggest your own options.

latintopxxx
February 25th, 2024, 05:25
stop, no options, thats how the confusion started...name a place and time...done...if you ask a question they can say no...hpw do any of you get anything done in life

bkkmfj2648
February 25th, 2024, 15:38
ok - see you there Andy

arsenal
February 26th, 2024, 11:42
Pattaya. Traffic too much. Roads snarled up morning, noon and night. Matters not helped by faux MIB morons heavily armed with sub-machine whistles and frantic arm waving.

Dodger
February 26th, 2024, 12:58
Andy...BKKF...francois...(others)...

I'm so sorry that I won't be able to make the meet tomorrow, as I was really looking forward to meeting you guys.

Please let me know if by chance you plan another meet and I will try like hell to make it.

I will be in Jomtien immigration tomorrow morning - but must return to Bang Saray to drive one of the co-owners in my building to a hospital in Sattahip. I committed to this before knowing our meeting date...ugh!

Have a great time...tilt a cold on for me...and pinch a few cute fannies along the way.

Keith
February 26th, 2024, 15:19
I plan to be there 6th to 9th.

Andy
February 27th, 2024, 00:17
Guys! Let's set a date that will be convenient for most.

dab69
February 27th, 2024, 20:33
I am here 9:33 outside

dab69
February 27th, 2024, 20:38
Darn I was hoping to meet Dodger. I didn’t see his reply until now. Anyone else might have read my post about Nice Boys and decided to go there instead.

Keith
February 27th, 2024, 21:05
I arrive late pm 6th, in Pattaya. Will txt when in hotel.

Andy
February 28th, 2024, 15:52
I thought we were discussing another date, and that's why I didn't come.

scottish-guy
February 28th, 2024, 17:29
A masterpiece of planning

latintopxxx
February 29th, 2024, 01:36
..now whats that joke again...english cook... italian organiser...german humour...

francois
February 29th, 2024, 13:44
Andy, just offer free drinks to those who attend; there will be a stampede of attendees.

bkkmfj2648
February 29th, 2024, 13:46
Andy, just offer free drinks to those who attend; there will be a stampede of attendees.

or let us get Dodger to commit to a firm date and then we organize it around Dodger's availability as he needs to come from afar.

I have been trying to meet Dodger since I moved here in September 2022

So, I believe that this eventual meeting will be like trying to herd cats

mr giggles
February 29th, 2024, 14:57
you lot couldn't organise a root in a brothel

Jellybean
February 29th, 2024, 16:43
or let us get Dodger to commit to a firm date and then we organize it around Dodger's availability as he needs to come from afar.

I have been trying to meet Dodger since I moved here in September 2022 . . .

Perhaps he should be renamed the Scarlet Pimpernel (https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/750426-the-scarlet-pimpernel), bkkmfj2648? ;)

you lot couldn't organise a root in a brothel

I've heard numerous expressions, which convey that meaning, mr giggles, but that particular one seems to have passed me by. I looked it up and see that it's Australian slang.

Andy
February 29th, 2024, 21:18
Let it all be in the hands of Dodger!

cdnmatt
February 29th, 2024, 21:18

I have been trying to meet Dodger since I moved here in September 2022

In that case, pretty sure according to the doctrine of SGT it's now time for everyone to gather around, and start bitching and moaning to high heaven that Dodger is just a liar, doesn't actually exist, doesn't live in Thailand, and is just a figment of his own imagination.

francois
February 29th, 2024, 21:49
In that case, pretty sure according to the doctrine of SGT it's now time for everyone to gather around, and start bitching and moaning to high heaven that Dodger is just a liar, doesn't actually exist, doesn't live in Thailand, and is just a figment of his own imagination.

That is exactly what they say about you matt! But Dodger does exist and I have seen him which is more than anyone can say about you.

cdnmatt
February 29th, 2024, 22:00
That is exactly what they say about you matt! But Dodger does exist and I have seen him which is more than anyone can say about you.

KKJason posted publicly here he's seen me multiple times.

latintopxxx
March 1st, 2024, 00:48
...or a piss up in a brewery...

dab69
March 1st, 2024, 08:52
I don’t check this every day. Did meet one guy that doesn’t come here anymore because of Ukraine

Dodger
March 1st, 2024, 16:55
OK...let's see if we can't get this thing kick-started.

How about meeting up next Wednesday (6th) at Divarium in Jomtien Complex at 8:00 PM???

I know that Keith mentioned he'd be in town on the 6th, and Andy seems to prefer Divarium.

If this doesn't work for someone we can always change it - but at least it's another start.

What do you think?

bkkmfj2648
March 1st, 2024, 18:13
sounds good with me Dodger :yahoo_mini:

Andy
March 2nd, 2024, 00:41
Works for me, Dodger!

Keith
March 2nd, 2024, 15:50
Thanks. I arrive fairly late, straight from UK. Staying at Copa, recommended by Vinapu!

Wolzek
March 2nd, 2024, 18:07
Well unlike the weirdos who promised to come but didn't, I went to the announced meeting and had a marvellous night with the elite from here! Oh the champagne was flowing, boys running around halfnaked to please the desires of us boardmembers who had shown up and treated us like royalty. Great memories were made that evening that will last a lifetime. It was even better than the last meeting in Memories music bar in Sunee.
Now we know who the true heroes of this board are and who keep their word to attend when promised. The next meeting will be in Bamboos bar as I understand it.

scottish-guy
March 4th, 2024, 02:54
Are you sure you didn’t just fall asleep & dream this?

“Champagne flowing” - with people who cross tge road to save 10B on a beer?

Dodger
March 4th, 2024, 06:53
I feel like asshole of the week, but Andy and bkkmfj I won't be able to make it on the 6th.

I waited too long to arrange the hotel (Agate) and found out that it's completely booked the evening of the 6th. I prefer Agate (quite w/swimming pool, etc.) but then tried Venue and found that it is also booked. I should have known better - this still being on the back-slopes of high season.

Note that when I visit JC (or anywhere else on the scene) I book at least one nights lodging to avoid driving back to Bang Saray after a night of drinking. I mentioned Dorothy's to Jai and he just gave me one of those twisted facial expressions. Much too noisy for either of our tastes.

I hesitate booking a later date not knowing who will be around.

Sorry for this screwup on my part and hopefully we can connect sometime on a later date.

bkkmfj2648
March 4th, 2024, 09:26
Oh Dodger,

Don't give up so easily.

According to the official Jomtien Supertown Complex website there are 10 hotels in the complex.

Can you try to get a room in any of these for 1 night? :

Poseidon
Siam House
Double Shot rooms
Dorothy's rooms
The Venue Residence
Fu House
Dolce Vita rooms
East Suites
Zing Resort
Agate

https://www.gaysupertown.com/lodging

arsenal
March 4th, 2024, 09:33
This is now turning into the Sawatdee equivalent of Gallipoli.

Dodger
March 4th, 2024, 10:05
Don't give up so easily.

According to the official Jomtien Supertown Complex website there are 10 hotels in the complex.

Unfortunately Agate is the only place with guest parking. This is one reason why Jai and I always stay at Agate - apart from the fact that the rooms are very comfy and quiet...friendly staff...swimming, and within easy stumbling distance to the bars.

Thanks for trying to help but I'll just have to wait until rooms are available. I'll be sure to post when I get a reservation.

How long are you going to be in town?

bkkmfj2648
March 4th, 2024, 12:59
Hi Dodger,

I live here as a retiree since September 2022.
The owner of Gaybutton suggested that I meet you back in September 2022 and we chatted back and forth about meeting but it never happened.
So, I was hoping to use this new occasion as an opportunity to finally meet you.

Instead of accommodating my schedule - I would suggest to accommodate the other guys who expressed interest to meet as they may be here on vacation and have less ability to modify meeting dates. If I am free when you get a reservation at The Agate - I will be willing to join all of you.

I wish I had 2 bedrooms in my 1 bedroom condo in View Talay 5 - as it has a HUGE abundance of free parking and we have a pool and from my balcony you can see the Jomtien Supertown Complex ==> as I would then host you and Jai (for free) and all of your above mentioned requirements could be met. But unfortunately, I only have 1 bedroom. It takes me about 7 to 8 minutes to walk to the Divarium - so it would still be reasonable for you and Jai.

Wolzek
March 4th, 2024, 17:11
Can't we all just agree on waiting until Cdnmatt returns to Pattaya for the next meet-up (which will be the third if I count correctly)? A meeting without him would be pointless.

Wolzek
March 4th, 2024, 17:13
This is now turning into the Sawatdee equivalent of Gallipoli.

The difference is that people actually turned up at Gallipoli.

bkkmfj2648
March 4th, 2024, 18:38
or we could move this meeting to Bang Saray - it's not Gallipoli - but at least Bang Saray is:

only a 300 baht Bolt taxi ride away - one way - if we all shared a Bolt taxi together then the cost would be negligible,
a place that I have never seen and I heard that it is nice and worth seeing,
a way to ensure Dodger's participation as we could meet underneath Dodger's condo - to enhance the probability of realizing this meeting,
we would not need to get a hotel - because when we finish the meeting we can take another Bolt taxi back to the Jomtien Supertown Complex to continue our evening together or call it a night and go home to sleep.

A first Sawatdee group trip - and then afterwards we could write a joint trip report for the readership who could not attend our journey to Bang Saray :yes:

Dodger
March 5th, 2024, 07:52
........or we could move this meeting to Bang Saray:

I love Bang Saray...it's home...but there are no Boy Bars here - so Jomtien Complex is a much better choice for a gaggle of boy-loving farang to sit around socializing.

Jai and I will be zooming around the bay sometime in the next few weeks when Agate becomes available and I'll certainly let you know when the date is confirmed.

P.S. Your choice of VT # 5 for your residence was an excellent one...and perfect location.

Keith
March 5th, 2024, 18:15
My turn to apologise, as I have now had to cancel my trip.

Andy
March 6th, 2024, 01:40
It was a bad idea from the beginning, and I apologize for bringing this topic back to life. I promise not to do that anymore. In case someone wants to accuse me personally, I'll be at the Divarium at 20:00 for a drink. I'll be wearing a "chili" t-shirt.

Dodger
March 6th, 2024, 13:50
It was a bad idea from the beginning, and I apologize for bringing this topic back to life. I promise not to do that anymore. In case someone wants to accuse me personally, I'll be at the Divarium at 20:00 for a drink. I'll be wearing a "chili" t-shirt.

It wasn't a bad idea at all and there's no need to apologize to anyone.

Making plans like this are always difficult because of everyone's fluid schedules...personal preferences,...likes and dislikes, etc., and I'm sure we can pull something off in the future.

The next time I toss my name in the hat I'll be sure I can make it on the date scheduled ahead of time, versus having to make last-minute changes. If anyone needs to apologize it would be me.

Cheers

Wolzek
March 6th, 2024, 19:52
or we could move this meeting to Bang Saray - it's not Gallipoli - but at least Bang Saray is only a 300 baht Bolt taxi ride away - one way - if we all shared a Bolt taxi together then the cost would be negligible,

That's a great idea. I'm sure many here are interested in a joint trip to Bang Saray and to explore this unknown exotic place together.

mr giggles
March 7th, 2024, 08:56
I feel like asshole of the week.

Just the week?:unknw_mini:

latintopxxx
March 7th, 2024, 13:09
very witty giggles

Wolzek
March 7th, 2024, 17:19
So with so many members dropping out and apologizing, will this Sawatdee Bang Saray excursion take place or not?

mr giggles
March 15th, 2024, 09:45
so how did that meeting go?

:clapping: :beee: :bo:

scottish-guy
March 16th, 2024, 19:11
Something about: Couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery

latintopxxx
March 17th, 2024, 02:25
....or a fuck in Pattaya...

mr giggles
March 17th, 2024, 10:28
typical...

Wolzek
March 17th, 2024, 13:47
so how did that meeting go?:clapping: :beee: :bo:

Just need to hire a tourbus and then I'm sure it will quickly fill up with Sawatdee members wanting to go to this Bang Saray meetup. If we can time it with cdnmatts arrival in Pattaya he can do a standup comedy show on the bus. That will keep us entertained during the trip.
I hope the guy who posted originally and started all of this is still around. Because logically he should pay for the bus.

latintopxxx
March 17th, 2024, 16:42
nah...free bus will not do it...throw in some buffet style free food and they will come running down the soi ...will need at least 2 buses

arsenal
March 17th, 2024, 17:35
Meat loaf.

latintopxxx
March 18th, 2024, 02:42
...and a couple of gogos with easy access shorts to circulate amongst thge meat loaf guzzling punters..

latintopxxx
March 18th, 2024, 02:43
...and balloons..how could one forget...balloons

francois
March 19th, 2024, 18:02
There have been no meat loaf dinners in several years.:bo: