PDA

View Full Version : Gaybutton board hacked

Gaybutton
January 28th, 2023, 07:45
This morning my board apparently has been hacked. Please do not go to my board until we have the problem fixed. I have sent a message to Moses asking for help.

I will post another message once it is safe to use my board again.

If you try to go to my board now, you will see a message similar to this:

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

Website blocked due to a suspicious downloadDownload blocked: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/106852784871077873/106869761277998672/BrowsersNews.ee
Malwarebytes Browser Guard blocks downloads that either come from websites that see relatively light traffic or may contain potentially malicious content. This is intended to protect you from new scams. However, if you trust content from this site and would like to proceed, click "Continue".

mr giggles
January 28th, 2023, 07:58
4 Pattaya pensioners will be upset...

Moses
January 28th, 2023, 10:04
Unfortunately, I am traveling now and have no computer with me. I will be able to check and fix only in one week.

Gaybutton
January 28th, 2023, 11:35
Unfortunately, I am traveling now and have no computer with me. I will be able to check and fix only in one week.

Ok. Thank you very much.

Gaybutton
January 29th, 2023, 05:18
I've had some Emails telling me that people have had no problem getting through to my board using smartphones. I don't know whether that could endanger your phone, but unless Moses tells us that is safe, I advise not doing it. I haven't tried it and I don't intend to without Moses giving the "green light" for it and I suggest those of you who read my board do the same.

I would rather be safe than find out the hard way that this hack could also screw up my phone.

Also, you might notice my posts here now have a "signature". I had never done that before, but I was hacked here too and some URL became my signature. I hope nobody ever clicked on it. I tried deleting the signature, but it came right back. Then I tried deleting it and changing my password for this board. It still came right back. I tried deleting it, changing my password again, and putting in my own signature. That worked. I hope fixing my board will be a task just as easy, but I definitely need Moses's help. I have no idea how to do it on my own.

Dodger
February 6th, 2023, 12:06
There still appears to be a problem.

The GB website link is broke.

This is the message that pops up:

"iplogger.com is a Branded Domain
The requested short link is blocked by website administration due to violation of the website policy terms".

Best IP Logger & IP Tools

Chuai-Duai
February 6th, 2023, 16:57
Opens OK for me. No new posts though.

gerefan2
February 6th, 2023, 18:26
I’m waiting for the “all clear” from Gaybutton.

Moses
February 6th, 2023, 23:11
I’m waiting for the “all clear” from Gaybutton.

I'm still working on it

Gaybutton
February 7th, 2023, 06:24
I am very grateful to Moses for putting in the time and effort to help me and my board when things go wrong. Also, for those of you who access my board, I appreciate your patience.

Gaybutton
February 9th, 2023, 05:49
Moses told me that he is going to have to wade through a good 5000 files to find and eliminate the virus plaguing my board. I am in no hurry and, Moses, please take your time. I'd much rather have this done correctly than quickly - and take whatever security steps are necessary to prevent this sort of thing from happening again.

Those of you who have memberships on my board, once it is up and running again I suggest you change your board password - just in case.

bkkguy
February 9th, 2023, 19:22
Moses told me that he is going to have to wade through a good 5000 files to find and eliminate the virus plaguing my board. I am in no hurry and, Moses, please take your time.

I suppose this proves your point from an earlier discussion - you don't need backups to restore from in this type of situation, though Moses may have a different opinion about the value of his time to fix the problem for you compared to his time just to help you restore from backup or re-setup from scratch!

If you had software and data backups you (with help from Moses) could be back up and running in half an hour, if you had at least data backups you (with help from Moses) could re-install and re-configure the software and restore the data backup in a few hours - with no backups how long is it going to take Moses to "fix" the problem for you? and how much do you care about his time?

I am obviously not as nice a guy as Moses - if someone had said to me in the past that he didn't need backups because he could always just re-start from scratch I certainly wouldn't be wasting my time checking and fixing "5000 files" for you!

Gaybutton
February 9th, 2023, 21:19
If you had software and data backups you (with help from Moses) could be back up and running in half an hour, if you had at least data backups you (with help from Moses) could re-install and re-configure the software and restore the data backup in a few hours - with no backups how long is it going to take Moses to "fix" the problem for you? and how much do you care about his time?

Aha - the King of Adversarial posts strikes on this board too. Maybe you think you're telling us something we didn't know. Maybe you think we don't have backups. Maybe you think - well, then again maybe you don't even think, which is certainly the way it appears to me. You just get your jollies with these kinds of posts - none of which are ever helpful to anyone.

I'll tell you what you do - if you think it is any of your business and you want to know why Moses is working on the problem in this way or why he is taking time to help me, ask him.

Moses
February 9th, 2023, 23:07
I suppose this proves your point from an earlier discussion - you don't need backups to restore from in this type of situation, though Moses may have a different opinion about the value of his time to fix the problem for you compared to his time just to help you restore from backup or re-setup from scratch!

I am obviously not as nice a guy as Moses - if someone had said to me in the past that he didn't need backups because he could always just re-start from scratch I certainly wouldn't be wasting my time checking and fixing "5000 files" for you!

We have backups. Problem is: if just to restore from backup, then there still will be hole in security and hacker(s) will repeat hack. I check all files for to find changed/forged/added to forum's software for to find and close this hole. Scanners show nothing, so I do it manually. And I do it slow because of 2 reasons: I'm just after almost one month of vacation and have a lot of things to do, also after moving from hot to cold climate I got cold and fever, so I'm working 2 times slower than usually.

Dodger
February 10th, 2023, 08:36
[QUOTE=bkkguy;293992]

I am obviously not as nice a guy as Moses .../QUOTE]

Agree with you there. You sound like a real dickhead.

Based on Moses reply - you haven't got the foggiest clue what you're talking about.

bkkguy
February 10th, 2023, 18:46
Based on Moses reply - you haven't got the foggiest clue what you're talking about.

if you are that impressed with Moses' reply I doubt you have the foggiest clue what you are talking about - but let's not waste our time getting into a debate about who exactly is the adversarial dickhead here and who has the best understanding of dealing with the issues of security vulnerabilities in popular open source projects

Up2U
February 18th, 2023, 22:14
Any updates?

Moses
February 20th, 2023, 17:04
Hack has been removed. Forum will be restored within next 24 hours +/- 12 hours.

Gaybutton
February 20th, 2023, 18:34
Hack has been removed. Forum will be restored within next 24 hours +/- 12 hours.

Thank you so much, Moses. I know how much time and effort you put into this and how difficult it was to find the hack. This is not the first time I have had to turn to you for help. I can only hope this is the last time anything serious goes wrong.

I am truly grateful to you.

I will post an announcement when my board is fully restored and ready to go.

Moses
February 21st, 2023, 01:05
Just for clarification: GBT forum is already restored, in case you see error 500 - please clean your browser's cache and delete cookies for domain "gaybuttonthai.com".
Your first visit may be very slow because forum will do some calculations, if slowdown will be longer than 3 min, please find "Mark forum read" at right above list of forums and click it.