PDA

View Full Version : life post gogo bars...

latintopxxx
October 31st, 2022, 13:50
After my recent difference of opinion with cdnmatt I got to wondering...does anyone know of gogos (lets call them that) who after their looks have faded & gravity has attacked their once pert butts have retired back to Isaan or wherever with their hard earned earnings and had a successful 2nd life...

cdnmatt
October 31st, 2022, 16:15
From my personal experience, nope. Kim ended up in Bangkok working as lead singer for one of those morlam bands. Then I lost my phone hence his number, and no idea what happened to him after that. He definitely wasn't rich though.

While living in Khon Kaen, I hooked up with several cute guys who used to be go-go boys in Pattaya, and none of them were exactly living the life. They were all just getting by, week to week. And they were really cute, nothing wrong with them.

Us humans are fickle. My one main dude fucked off on me to Bangkok to work at a restaurant. After two months, he now has 2000 baht to his name. Not sure why he's doing this, because he knows I'll send him about 6000 baht/month via Western Union just for hanging out in his village and helping take care of the family. He already knows, if he wants to hang out in Bangkok, then the Western Union transfers from me stop.

Leo is being a bit of a dumbshit too. They have a very successful English language scool in Laos, but he's sick and tired of life. Hates his boyfriend, thinks the kids are assholes, and is just overall tired. So that's it, he's going to move to Bangkok and sell milkshakes. Go figure.

Dodger
October 31st, 2022, 20:00
..does anyone know of gogos (lets call them that) who after their looks have faded & gravity has attacked their once pert butts have retired back to Isaan or wherever with their hard earned earnings and had a successful 2nd life...

It's a real mixed bag which one might expect.

My first Boy Special left the bar scene after landing his dream-job as a dancer at Tiffany's. After 4-5 years under the spotlight he returned to his home in Udon to take care of his ailing grandmother and finally ended up working as a seamstress making dance costumes.

Another boy I was close with left the bar scene shortly before covid to work as a Uber driver in Bangkok.

Several other boys I know left the bar scene due to covid and went to work back in their home villages. One I know works at a motorbike repair shop, while other's either help out on the family farm or work for peanuts at the local market.

A few college boys I've known over the years who worked the bars to make tuition money during school breaks landed some pretty decent jobs after finishing school - one with Air Asia. But unfortunately, most of the bar boys who weren't going to school just drifted back home and followed in their fathers footsteps. And we know where that leads them.

There's no doubt that sex workers, especially the shining stars, earn way above average incomes and live on easy-street as compared to being stuck back at the farm, but, as we all know, they can only do this work until their appeal starts fading which is usually around age 30 if not sooner.

I knew one boy who graced the stage at the old Star Boys Gogo who saved every penny he earned and eventually opened a small restaurant in Bangkok. With that exception, every other bar boy I've known was as broke when he left town as he was when he first arrived. Then there's the unfortunate ones who never survived the scene and ended up dead. Sad, but true.

christianpfc
October 31st, 2022, 20:20
Several boys I knew and lost contact with, the last I knew that they moved to Europe to stay with someone there. But because I lost contact, I don't know if they are still there or back.

latintopxxx
November 1st, 2022, 01:47
...was kinda hoping for a success story, not someone who moved to europe with their white "master" but someone who saved up enough to buy land , build a proper house & farm the land commercially thus becomong self sufficient bamd independent. Or someone who was a MB part time whilst a student (so not a gogo selling his butt on a stage but via the apps) and now has a good job catapulting him into the Thai lower middle class sort of thing. To a certain degree I keep in conbtact as in if one is particulary good then I'll make a note and engage him a 2nd or 3rd time...yes surprise surprise even though I do treat them with indifference the vast majority are willing to come back.....but thats it, have never been interested in really keeping in contact, chatting, kniowing anything about their personal lives. Thought chjristiuan ot matt having had a lot more time on the land to explore would have come across success stories...guess they all live the high life until the looks go...kinda tragic

vnman
November 1st, 2022, 02:08
...was kinda hoping for a success story...

There are plenty of foreigners who lost all their possessions (houses, businesses, cars etc.) to prostitutes.

Does that count? I am sure they would see themselves as successful. ​

cdnmatt
November 1st, 2022, 02:10
Well, Leo was never a money boy per-se, but currently is co-owner of a successful English language school.m I think it's three classes, 50 kids each, so 150 students, plus he does private tutoring on the side with some of the kids who's parents have money.

He says he makes about 15 million kip per-month, so about $1200 USD per-month. It's all relative, because as for Canadian standards that would afford you a parking stall in a major city, but for over there it's not bad.

Apparently though, he's so disgruntled with life he's had enough, and is going to go sell milkshakes in Bangkok, so go figure. I feel bad, because I should be there right now. Let Gohn and Leo see my face, and there lives will change. Can't wait to get there, but not going there until I know everything is 1000% in place. Already been thrown into prison in Asia once, and although it was only for a week, want to ensure it can never happen again.

latintopxxx
November 1st, 2022, 04:07
$1200., you must be joking when you sayt "not tool bad", thats an absolute fortune compared to most blue collar type jobs, he's silly to give it up.

pong
November 1st, 2022, 12:08
The best I know are some guys who did it (msg work, not gogo) as an aside to finance study and after graduation got the proper job with their diploma (=also a Thai word). And married and got kids-or not.

latintopxxx
November 1st, 2022, 15:41
yes i guess u know they were/are in it strictly for the money when they get married and have kids...or maybe its just the done thing in rural areas ....u know..wife and kids...

Dodger
November 2nd, 2022, 09:11
......yes i guess u know they were/are in it strictly for the money when they get married and have kids...

Of course, because that would only be natural for a "str8 boy" who's obviously working the scene stickily for the $$money$$, but for the "gay boys" working the scene can, and usually does, have many more motivating factors

As we all know, the money is certainly a huge magnet that attracts all the boys (str8 & gay) to the working scene - but for the gay boys it's also a chance to enjoy being in a society (or sub-community) with other like-minded gays where they can just be "themselves" (or invent themselves)... enjoy having sex other "males"...and possibility even hook a farang boyfriend if they're so inclined. Where a Str8 boy would have absolutely no interest whatsoever in the things I just mentioned.

If a punter only prefers hooking up with str8 boys - then yes, the odds of him being with a boy who is only interested in the $$money$$ are somewhere around 100%. Relationships (or interactions) like this are simply based on Sex-For-Pay, and to expect anything different would be extremely naïve.

Oliver2
November 2nd, 2022, 14:44
That is correct. Just think; a gay young man in a rural area, poverty-stricken with limited employment opportunities and sexually-isolated, sees not only the bright financial lights of Pattaya or Bangkok but also the entertainment venues, the fun, the association with like-minded gay guys and the possibility of meeting the Dream Falang who may change his life, not to mention that of the family.

It took a visit to such a rural area to be with the family of my boyfriend to understand, fully understand, why Pattaya with all its problems and disappointments was, for him, the better option.

christianpfc
November 2nd, 2022, 21:03
There are only two success cases that I have encountered (other than those who moved to Europe to live with a local mentioned in earlier post).

A Thai boy who worked in Kawaii for a short time, but I think already at that time he did it for entertainment and not for money. We met there and stayed in contact, and some years ago he bought a mobile phone case for 2000 THB (at that time, my mobile phone was 8000).

Another boy from Cambodia, whom I first met after his money boy career was already over, saved the money he earned and now has a small business.

Most boys I lose interest or contact, but from interaction can assume that they are no richer when they leave than when they started. Money either squandered by themselves or sucked out by family and friends, and squandered.

Daveuk
November 2nd, 2022, 22:01
I remember one boy I got to know quite well after I met him on the Dongtan Gay beach in 2007. He had only just arrived in Pattaya and had not yet worked bar - instead he had a job overnight in a laundry. He told me he was not happy in his Isaan village because he was gay. He was a cute 19 year old twink looking for a farang to “take care”. I was very attracted particularly as he was wearing very brief speedos with a large cock outlined. It was back to my Complex hotel for sex and this developed into a 3 week “boyfriend” relationship. I was giving him good money and buying regular presents including a phone and a gold ear-ring. He surprised me by asking if he could keep his money in my room safe and this built up to a fair sum by the time I had to go home. I kept in touch with him but didn’t send any money but was able to return after 2 months. There was an affectionate reunion at the airport and things carried on as before. He said he had worked at Cupidol Gogo occasionally but had spent most time at home with his mother to whom he had given some of his money. I took him on a few trips away from Pattaya and the same request was made for me to store his money in my safe. At the end of my 4 week trip it had built up to almost 100 k baht. He started to talk about going to university and that maybe I could finance that. I said I would think about it but whilst at home a friend in Pattaya told me that he had acquired another farang boyfriend - a German. The boy telephoned me and I confronted him with my knowledge of his new boyfriend. His reply was that he was to enrol at university and that this was very expensive. I later found out that he had actually done this and was studying marketing in Bkk and was doing well. He was also happy because he had found a few young gay friends at the college. I didn’t ever meet him again and often wonder what became of him - maybe by now he is a top executive in a,multi-national. On the hand perhaps he went back to the sex industry and continued finding “boyfriends”.
He cost me quite a bit of money, but it was well spent. We had great sex and quite a lot of fun so,I couldn’t complain.

vnman
November 2nd, 2022, 23:23
I didn’t ever meet him again and often wonder what became of him

I understand that the previous mamasan of Cupidol opened a bar in Jomtien. It might be something you can ask considering your motive. She stays in contact or has info about many of the boys.

latintopxxx
November 3rd, 2022, 02:26
yes i think that most lose their earnings to their extended family back in the countryside...would think they could open a bank account & safeguard their earnings but somehow money management seems beyond most of them...maybe thats why the Thai Chinese dominate the economy

Marc K
November 3rd, 2022, 11:26
yes i think that most lose their earnings to their extended family back in the countryside...would think they could open a bank account & safeguard their earnings but somehow money management seems beyond most of them...

My experiences pretty much mirror those expressed here. You would think that hoarding/saving/safeguarding financial security is an innate skill in humanity, but alas if you come with no money then any financial windfall calls for a celebration (by you, or by a leech in the family) and poof there goes the money.

It's quite tragic. Whoredom doesn't seem to be a step on the ladder of success alas. It IS quite tragic.

Daveuk
November 3rd, 2022, 15:10
I understand that the previous mamasan of Cupidol opened a bar in Jomtien. It might be something you can ask considering your motive. She stays in contact or has info about many of the boys.

Well of course it’s a long time ago that I had the experiences with that “gay beach” boy. I did go to Cupidol in BT in subsequent trips but he was never there. I like to think after accumulating enough funds from “boyfriends” he left the sex trade and that I contributed to him having a good life.
I must have had sex with maybe more than a hundred boys during my trips to Thailand and I can only recall about a dozen of them, but I won’t forget my “beach boyfriend” especially with him wearing his red speedos which always got me horny.

latintopxxx
November 3rd, 2022, 15:46
...i must be getting melancholic...gettingn old...never used to really think/care about the gogos...

Oliver2
November 4th, 2022, 15:19
It's easy to see the downside of relationships like the one Daveuk describes, particularly the cost and the fear that you are being taken for a ride....a view sometimes expressed here on this site. But there are positives which go beyond the usual ones of sex and companionship.

Like others, I've reached the stage in my life when I'm losing friends and family and my social circle is becoming smaller by the year.. Gay men don't usually have children and grandchildren to care for them; our relationships fulfil that role. And with the ravages of time, it means that a younger guy can provide a complex combination of friendship, companionship lover, and a quasi father/son function.

It brings worry of course; anxieties about health, about employment prospects, about family....and I've experienced all these. Bit then I console myself by accepting that such things are a consequence of love. To have someone to worry about becomes a blessing.

francois
November 4th, 2022, 16:51

That bar is M BAR; located on the soi parallel to the main soi in the Complex.

https://www.gaysupertown.com/

mr giggles
November 5th, 2022, 09:56
It's easy to see the downside of relationships like the one Daveuk describes, particularly the cost and the fear that you are being taken for a ride....a view sometimes expressed here on this site. But there are positives which go beyond the usual ones of sex and companionship.

Like others, I've reached the stage in my life when I'm losing friends and family and my social circle is becoming smaller by the year.. Gay men don't usually have children and grandchildren to care for them; our relationships fulfil that role. And with the ravages of time, it means that a younger guy can provide a complex combination of friendship, companionship lover, and a quasi father/son function.

It brings worry of course; anxieties about health, about employment prospects, about family....and I've experienced all these. Bit then I console myself by accepting that such things are a consequence of love. To have someone to worry about becomes a blessing.

To quote the Pet Shop Boys:

You dress me up, I'm your puppet
You buy me things, I love it
You bring me food, I need it
You give me love, I feed it

We never-ever argue, we never calculate
The currency we've spent
I love you, you pay my rent
I love you, you pay my rent

vnman
November 7th, 2022, 03:00
That bar is M BAR; located on the soi parallel to the main soi in the Complex.

https://www.gaysupertown.com/

That is a really impressive map. Would be great if someone would walk around the complex with a camera to give a visual overview.

If only they would allow a couple gogo bars :love:

Andy
November 7th, 2022, 04:03
[QUOTE=vnman;292893]Would be great if someone would walk around the complex with a camera to give a visual overview.

https://youtu.be/lj5KQEa028A

Halloween night 2022 walkabout.

Dodger
November 7th, 2022, 07:16
It's great to see JC come back to life again so don't get me wrong, but they seriously need a boost of ENERGY to liven things up.

Music...dancing...a few gogo's...more sleaze....and last but not least, a better supply of HOT BOYS. I counted "1" boy in the video that I thought was cute. The rest were unappealing to me and appeared to be well over-the-hill for the working scene. The punters appeared to be waiting in queue for the Bingo game to start.

Monty would be turning over in his grave!

francois
November 7th, 2022, 09:46
Dodger, have you been to Jomtien Complex in person to check it out?

bkkmfj2648
November 7th, 2022, 11:31
If only they would allow a couple gogo bars :love:

vnman - that would be the icing on the cake. They would also need to add at least one place to dance - as their business model of:

"falang sits down and drinks" gets boring real fast - it is too static and is not conducive to producing energetic fun.

often when I go to JC, I intentionally stand at whatever bar I go to. It makes the waiters and mamasans crazy. They say, please, falang sits.
I respond why? it is so boring. I want to stand like you are allowed to stand. They just don't get it....

Dodger
November 7th, 2022, 13:34
Dodger, have you been to Jomtien Complex in person to check it out?

Jai and I lodged in JC for a few days/nights of partying last month - had a good time - similar scene as shown in the video minus the Halloween masks.

I have several Thai friends who work the JC bars who transferred over from Sunee...and they admit to getting bored there sometimes as compared to Sunee before its demise.

I've been visiting JC in the afternoons on a weekly basis for the past 3 years just to monitor what was happening. Very glad to see the lights back on, but again, without a bit more "action" it doesn't burst my bubble.

Oliver2
November 7th, 2022, 13:52
I share Dodger's views on the guys working at the JC. P and I were there in July. We had a great time but, to be blunt, if I were still looking for an evening's fun with a working guy, I don't think I'd even bother going to the bars.
Admittedly, the only time we had a drink there was early in the evening before dinner but we did wander through later in the night on occasions. Only occasionally did I see anyone I fancied.

Few of these guys are what I call twinks. Very different to the sort of guys I was meeting in my butterfly days in Boyztown and Sunee.

francois
November 7th, 2022, 17:23
Few of these guys are what I call twinks. Very different to the sort of guys I was meeting in my butterfly days in Boyztown and Sunee.

Others complain that all the boys are gay and fem and twinks?

Dodger wrote,

Music...dancing...a few gogo's...more sleaze....and last but not least, a better supply of HOT BOYS. I counted "1" boy in the video that I thought was cute. The rest were unappealing to me and appeared to be well over-the-hill for the working scene. The punters appeared to be waiting in queue for the Bingo game to start.

Dodger wants more action, music, dancing, sleaze and go-go bars.The Complex is so aloud in music that you can't even have a conversation; lots of dancing in Venue and M2M bar; plenty of massage shops; for sleaze that ended with Eros and Good Boys in Sunee. As for go go bars they are not permitted!

And, where go go bars are allowed such as Boyztown and Sunee they are basically empty except for BBB which is a boy bar designed for Asian ladies.

I believe Jomtien Complex is as good as it gets these days with something for mostly everybody.

bkkguy
November 7th, 2022, 18:39
That is a really impressive map. Would be great if someone would walk around the complex with a camera to give a visual overview.

Google Street View at your service!

vnman
November 7th, 2022, 19:10
vnman - that would be the icing on the cake. They would also need to add at least one place to dance - as their business model of:

"falang sits down and drinks" gets boring real fast - it is too static and is not conducive to producing energetic fun.

often when I go to JC, I intentionally stand at whatever bar I go to. It makes the waiters and mamasans crazy. They say, please, falang sits.
I respond why? it is so boring. I want to stand like you are allowed to stand. They just don't get it....

I agree! The table system they have in many Asian countries is not for me either. I rather walk around with a drink in my hand.

Also, alcohol works differently on me when I move around instead of being stationary.

vnman
November 7th, 2022, 19:18
Google Street View at your service!

Not very useful, being that Street View updates once every 2 to 3 years if you are lucky.

Daveuk
November 7th, 2022, 20:42
Others complain that all the boys are gay and fem and twinks?

Dodger wrote,

Dodger wants more action, music, dancing, sleaze and go-go bars.The Complex is so aloud in music that you can't even have a conversation; lots of dancing in Venue and M2M bar; plenty of massage shops; for sleaze that ended with Eros and Good Boys in Sunee. As for go go bars they are not permitted!

And, where go go bars are allowed such as Boyztown and Sunee they are basically empty except for BBB which is a boy bar designed for Asian ladies.

I believe Jomtien Complex is as good as it gets these days with something for mostly everybody.

I was in Pattaya in early July, which was at the end of the Covid restrictions. I wasn’t expecting much action in the 3 gay areas BT, Sunee and the Complex and that turned out to be the case. However I made the best of the situation offing 2 boys from Winner and also visiting the rather quiet Complex where there were a few cute twinks one of which I offed for two nights. I also searched Grindr and Romeo and had 1 boy from each.

I was expecting things to have picked up by now as im contemplating another trip in Early December, but it sounds like the Gogo scene is virtually dead and that for gay action it’s got to be Jomtien Complex and I take note of Dodgers opinion. Pity because I remember the vibrant Gogo scene when I first visited Pattaya 20 years ago when there must have been more than 30 gogos across BB and Sunee.
What’s the situation at the Dongtan Beach is there still a gay section or has that died as well ?

bkkmfj2648
November 7th, 2022, 21:47
What’s the situation at the Dongtan Beach is there still a gay section or has that died as well ?

I usually go to the gay Dongtan Beach once a week. It is still live - but not packed. There are single guys parsed around and then there are clusters of guys together. I have noticed that some of these clusters are the young Russians who are now here in vacation.

Ironically, on 2 separate occasions, I was to meet visiting gay tourists who told me to come join them at the gay beach and they were not officially at the part of Dongtan Beach where the gay rainbow flags are. If you are walking from the 7-Eleven - Pirate Bay and heading towards the gay beach - around the restrooms - there are some cute hawkers who call you to go to their beach - which is prior to arriving at the gay rainbow flag part of the beach. When I asked these 2 visitors why they were not at the official gay beach they responded to me - but look at this sexy cute guy who is our waiter - isn't this gay enough? My hunch was that these cute hawkers were straight.

So, the gay rainbow flagged beach could have even more guys - but they are getting seduced by the cute waiters at the beaches that are prior to arriving at the official gay beach.

vnman
November 8th, 2022, 15:12
This video shows a bit more of the complex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6rud0QVnqA

Daveuk
November 9th, 2022, 11:11
That video shows the Complex (or as it is now named “Supertown” ) in early evening before the nightlife commenced. The addition of the roof during Covid is a major improvement and contributes to its takeover from BT as the prime area for gay life in Pattaya/Jomtien. I’ve seen another YouTube video showing the recent hallowe’en party later in the evening when things were really humming with many of the boys in scary costumes.
The takeover by the Complex wouid be complete if boy gogos were allowed there. Their absence has been discussed many times on gay boards.

francois
November 9th, 2022, 11:47
Friends were at Jomtien Complex last night, Nov. 8, and reported a very active and lively scene.

bkkmfj2648
November 9th, 2022, 12:56
Friends were at Jomtien Complex last night, Nov. 8, and reported a very active and lively scene.

I can second that. I was there last night and it was heaving.

After drinking some beers at The Meeting Place in the Supertown complex - with my 2 Thai friends we bought our 3 lovely Loy Kathongs - from a lovely friend of theirs who drove down from Isaan to make 61 of them by hand. Quite a talented guy.

We then ventured over to the beach and it was totally packed and truly in a BIG festive mood.
There were plenty of those illegal flying lanterns illuminating the entire sky (I am happy to report that none of them set the condo building where I live on fire, or the nearby beautiful palm trees at the Dongtan gay beach). There were also many fireworks going off and thousands upon thousands of Loy Krathong floaties that were launched into the sea.

This was my first Loy Krathong as a new retiree living here - so I was one of those thousands, with my two Thai friends, who helped me to launch my Loy Krathong into the sea -->> BUT - we had to first follow the correct Thai ritual of:

1.) cut a piece of your hair and place it into the Loy Krathong flower piece made of banana,

2.) insert some loose coins into your Loy Krathong,

3.) light the candle that is in the center of the flowers,

4.) light the incense sticks that are also in the center of the flowers,

5.) say a prayer before launching your Loy Krathong into the water (expressing what you are happy to be relieved of - negative things - and what positive things you want to come into your life).

Then you are ready to go.

I was not dressed properly, so I had to take my shoes and socks off, and because of the shorts that I was wearing, I could not get out far enough into the water to properly launch my Loy Kratong for enough distance that it would not be washed back ashore (bad luck). There were some kids out in the water and after we launched our 3 Loy Krathongs (see below photo), they approached ours and pushed them further out to sea - and I was SO happy about that - but there was a hidden service charge - they quickly removed all of the loose coins that we had placed in our respective Loy Krathong's (see step 2 above). I became upset, but my 2 Thai friends said to me, "stay calm - these kids are very poor and they deserve what they took and you should know that it does not invalidate the above 5 steps - so our good wishes will still come to us."

I am a new retiree here - so I need to learn so much about the Thai Buddhist ways - sabai sabai....

But, for my year 2023 Loy Krathong - I will be much better prepared.

Oliver2
November 9th, 2022, 13:51
Thanks; a delightful report. I've only once been in Pattaya for Loy Khratong but recall it being an enjoyable experience....far, far better than Songkran! Sadly, I'll miss the Chiang Mai celebrations by just a few days. I'd have loved to see the krathongs on the Old Coat moat.

I particularly enjoyed the anecdote about those entrepreneurial children making a little cash. Good for them!

Patanawet
November 10th, 2022, 16:02
And 1A include fingernail clippings.

bkkmfj2648
November 10th, 2022, 17:25
And 1A include fingernail clippings.

Wow Patanawet - good observation - because when it came time to clip our hairs to insert them into our respective krathongs, I noticed that my 2 Thai friends were using a nail clipper to do it - so, perhaps I did not notice them clipping their fingernails. The next time that I see them, I will ask them and for my 2023 Loy Krathong I will be better prepared.

Andy
November 17th, 2022, 00:05
https://youtu.be/vHn7pZpXVAQ

https://youtu.be/vHn7pZpXVAQ

https://youtu.be/T_xvscGCp8Q

https://youtu.be/T_xvscGCp8Q

Latest footage from Super Town - Boy Kratong

latintopxxx
November 17th, 2022, 02:08
no sleaze......damn...needs gogo bars...

Josan
November 17th, 2022, 03:56
YES!
GoGO
NEEDED
BADLY

Daveuk
November 17th, 2022, 06:13
Two good videos - good resolution and not much camera shake - showing the gay area of the Complex. There are a few people about with quite a few groups of expats and several str couples. However there are a lot of vacant chairs in the bars and some bars seem virtually devoid of customers despite the efforts of the bar boys to attract the few passing guys. In fact it does not look much busier than when I was there in July with few “tourists” with “boyfriends” in evidence. Perhaps the video has caught the Complex on a slow night.
All this is in contrast to videos I have seen featuring the str entertainment areas of Pattaya ie Walking Street, Soi Buakhow, and Lk Metro, where activity seems to have virtually recovered from Covid. I wonder what has happened to gay tourism ? Reports of Sunee and Boystown seem to confirm the situation.

gerefan2
November 17th, 2022, 06:43
. However there are a lot of vacant chairs in the bars and some bars seem virtually devoid of customers despite the efforts of the bar boys to attract the few passing guys. In fact it does not look much busier than when I was there in July with few “tourists” with “boyfriends” in evidence. Perhaps the video has caught the Complex on a slow night. .

The commentator says at the beginning of the video that it was filmed on the night of 8 November at 22.20 hours.

There’s the clue...that was the evening of Loy Krathong.

Everyone would be at the beach floating their boat!

bkkmfj2648
November 17th, 2022, 10:48
The commentator says at the beginning of the video that it was filmed on the night of 8 November at 22.20 hours.

There’s the clue...that was the evening of Loy Krathong.

Everyone would be at the beach floating their boat!

I was there the night of Loy Krathong and you are correct - prior to 22:20 hours - I saw the Jomtien Supertown Complex partially empty out because you could hear the sounds of fireworks coming from the beach. Consequently, many people temporarily vacated the Complex to launch their Krathongs (I was one of them), light our floating/flying lanterns (it took us 4 attempts before it would finally fly away as we had technical liftoff problems), and watch the fireworks. There was so much to watch as the sky was brilliant with all the illuminated lanterns. Plus there was so much eye-candy on the beach to watch.

However, afterwards, we did head back into the Jomtien Complex and it was quite busy - as we had our last beers there before calling it a night.

bkkmfj2648
November 17th, 2022, 10:50
YES!
GoGO
NEEDED
BADLY

I totally agree. The 2 things that are missing from the Jomtien Supertown Complex are:

a gogo bar,
a fun place to dance

Then it would have everything.

GerBear1958
November 17th, 2022, 20:22
Thank you so much for sharing these videos. I'm coming to Pattaya in a couple weeks.

latintopxxx
November 18th, 2022, 00:38
...and bars like golden boys/nature boys/good boys...hands on places...dont wanna sit on plastic cairs in the heat staring at old farang faces guzzling beers...

Andy
November 18th, 2022, 01:56
a fun place to dance

Isn't the Dragon Music Lounge is for dancing?

Kenny
November 18th, 2022, 03:11
...and bars like golden boys/nature boys/good boys...hands on places...dont wanna sit on plastic cairs in the heat staring at old farang faces guzzling beers...

Have you tried M Bar?

latintopxxx
November 18th, 2022, 16:20
no...but a thousand thanks for recommending it