PDA

View Full Version : Favourite restaurant

poshglasgow
October 28th, 2022, 19:34
I'll be in Pattaya throughout December and would love to hear the views of other members on the current best value and safe eating outlets in south Pattaya and Jomtien. In particular I'm interested in steak houses, good Chinese restaurants and good quality buffets for lunch or dinner that some of the Bangkok hotels offer. Equally some of the ex-pat owned bars and restaurants are excellent. I recall one in particular buffet offering near the Louis Pasteur snake farm in Bangkok in the 90s (was it called Pan Pacific??) that had an excellent buffet offering hot and cold Asian and International dishes. Do any of the Pattaya hotels offer the same I wonder?
Many thanks in anticipation of your recommendations.

gerefan2
October 28th, 2022, 20:16
Pattaya Tai
Robin Hood restaurant. At the Avenue shopping centre. Second Road. Farang run.
Jomtien
Natans. French owned. Thrappaya Road. Opposite Jomtien complex on the main road down to the beach.
Yupins. British owned. Right in the centre of JC.

bkkguy
October 28th, 2022, 20:31
Pan Pacific is now Crowne Plaza, never tried their buffet, in BKK I just head to Grand Hyatt Erawan for a buffet, but also interested in recommendations for decent buffets in Pattaya. And afternoon tea - Siam Kempinski is my favourite in Bangkok, but any decent offerings at the hotels in Pattaya?

while not a steakhouse or Chinese, I always enjoy the food at Wine Cellar at Poseidon in Jomtien Complex - my idea of good value for the quality of food if you like a European/Swiss German menu, and an interesting wine list!

I much lament the passing of a great French restaurant that used to be in Jomtien Complex years ago, forget the name, very basic decor but reasonable prices and good food, the owners unfortunately decided it was all too difficult to provide this quality at a reasonable price in Jomtien and returned to Paris! And having sampled the offerings at Yupins and Natans I can understand why they knew they would never be appreciated in Jomtien!

mr giggles
October 30th, 2022, 10:40
I recall one in particular buffet offering near the Louis Pasteur snake farm in Bangkok in the 90s (was it called Pan Pacific??

Yes, we all recall about that great meal we had 27 years ago... :mocking_mini:

christianpfc
October 31st, 2022, 20:12
I have brunched at Casa Pascal many times before Covid with a Farang friend and we were always happy with their food.

La cuisine au beurre has the best salmon (boiled, not fried!) since I left France in 2012, a bit pricey at 369 THB but still I indulge in this every time I'm in Pattaya.

A Farang friend from Bangkok eats at Toto every time he is in Pattaya, but for me the food is just average.

Mancs
November 1st, 2022, 03:49
Not what the OP is looking for, but Cheap Charlie's in Jomtien deserves a mention. And the Pirate Bay Cafe is also popular at that economical end of the market. I spend so much money on the men I have to eat cheaply.

poshglasgow
November 3rd, 2022, 17:03
Many thanks for the recommendations. I'll be sure to try some, if not all of them.