PDA

View Full Version : In Gogo Bars, Which is “cheaper”?, Individual Drinks or Get a bottle of Hard Liquor

magnitude200
October 23rd, 2022, 11:03
When I am inside a gogo bar, i tend to see some customers with a couple or more of boys in his table drinking. I was just wondering if it’s “cheaper” this way to get like a bottle of let’s say Jack Daniels and invite boys over? Or do you still recommend getting single drink every time for the boy and whoever like to join?

Considering drinks are at 300 to 500 each, while a bottle of liquor is around 1500 to 3500 baht

I’m in a context of just having fun, please don’t consider the idea of getting ripped off (coz we all know we are already ripped off once we go in)

pong
October 23rd, 2022, 14:05
In such cases you do not think about prices-its all about status and showing off. And think Thai: JD would not be 1st choice-if at all available.
In most places the ´mixers=soda, soft´ comes free with it (a bottle of soda cost <10 bt in shops) or at very reduced prices. ´Whiskey-or its Thai equiv. will always be mixed as such. So IF you intend to spread out that many drinks and/or relish that thought of a bunch of guys sitting+smiling around you, then yes, it will be cheaper as buying all an indiv. drink. Regular customers can have that bottle half-empty in stock to keep for next time-those in the know will put mark-strips on it-for just in case......

vnman
October 26th, 2022, 19:14
In such cases you do not think about prices-its all about status and showing off.

I can only speak for myself, and I like buying bottles. I find that it is convenient and cheaper. Just because it is so much cheaper, I don't see where the raise in status should come from.

I assume that there are many places where bottles are so expensive that it might be showing off. Not in the places I frequent in Pattaya such as Nice boys.

gerefan2
October 26th, 2022, 23:34
The boys don’t like it when you buying a bottle.

The reason. They gets a cut on each separate drink you buy. That’s why a “boy drink” is more expensive than your drink....the difference (should) go to the boy.

vnman
October 27th, 2022, 01:21
The boys don’t like it when you buying a bottle.

Hahaha yeah, but I don't buy the bottle to make them happy. When I have a boy come sit with me, he can drink what he wants. Some boys go for the bottle and others take a boy drink. I guess that in some places they are pushed by the bar to order separate drinks and that is fine. While I am having fun, I'm not forgetting that this is their job. I'm usually there with 1 or 2 other people, so it is great value. It doesn't mean I am a cheap charlie.

The prices for a single drink that OP is talking about must be in Bangkok. I have no experience there. A few years ago you could still get a bottle of Thai Whiskey for 1500 baht and if you would buy a bottle for the boys it would be 1200. Mind you, this is for all the boys in the bar, not the one you are fondling.

So I would say, see how much YOU drink, and if buying a bottle would mean you would be cheaper off... Also, think like this. You get a fixed price, and you can have fun all night long. Again, I don't know the gogos in Bangkok and I would only do this in Pattaya's Nice boys or Cupidol (RIP) etc. The Bars that are overmanaged are only good for picking up a boy and leave.

Daveuk
October 27th, 2022, 02:59
I’m not sure which is cheaper . If I’m on my own I would not buy a bottle just to attract a group of boys. Instead I buy individual drinks for myself and for any boy who sits with me. However occasionally I’m with two or three gay friends in a gogo looking for boys. In this case I order a bottle plus mixers to start a small party.

francois
October 27th, 2022, 12:38
The downside of buying a bottle for a group of boys is they, the boys, cannot sit with other customers who may be interested in a companion. Meaning you are hogging all the boys for yourself.

cdnmatt
October 27th, 2022, 12:54
The downside of buying a bottle for a group of boys is they, the boys, cannot sit with other customers who may be interested in a companion. Meaning you are hogging all the boys for yourself.

Not true. I've bought lots of bottles for the bar before, and generally one guy pours all the drinks, then hands them around. After that, one after the other comes by and clinks your glass to say thanks, then proceeds to go back on stage with their drink.

Never did like that clinking glass part though, and wish they would have never done that.

vnman
October 27th, 2022, 16:55
Never did like that clinking glass part though, and wish they would have never done that.

In a vacuum, that sounds like a very random thing to regret.

cdnmatt
October 27th, 2022, 17:03
In a vacuum, that sounds like a very random thing to regret.

I just always wanted to do something nice for the guys. Wasn't looking to get my ass kissed, or be made to feel as though I'm above them or something.

With my actual business operations, then yes, I'm the boss and I expect a certain level of respect. However, this glass clinking thing wasn't needed, and just made me feel uneasy.

It's almost the reverse of idiot farangs who run around waiing go-go boys.

latintopxxx
October 28th, 2022, 02:31
...there u go again in your fantasy world...pretending that its an equal playing field...as if there is no inequality...I want my butt kissed...metaphorically as well as literally......I want them to bow and scrape and treat me like the payee I am,...they r in it for the money only...so stop deluding yourself...

cdnmatt
October 28th, 2022, 11:39
...there u go again in your fantasy world...pretending that its an equal playing field...as if there is no inequality...I want my butt kissed...metaphorically as well as literally......I want them to bow and scrape and treat me like the payee I am,...they r in it for the money only...so stop deluding yourself...

Hey latin, if you want to be a total lowlife scumbag who thinks they're holier than now, when in reality and in the grand scheme of things you're nothing more than a cockroach, then be my guest.

I don't view life like that though. I know full well that if the guys I'm in constant communication with happened to win the life lottery and were born in Canada instead of Laos, they would be making just as much if not more money than me right now. However, they got born into a poverty sticken region of the world with almost zero social mobility through no fault of theirs, so I personally empathize with that.

If you want to look down on people and think you're better than them simply due to the circumstances both of you were born into you, then that says a whole lot more about you than it does them. This is a prime example as to why I prefer relationships with Asians, because they don't act like fucken retards such as yourself.

Quit wandering around the forum acting like your Mark Cuban or some shit, because you're not. If your story is to believed, you're a lowly restraunt inspector. Not exactly something I'd brag about.

latintopxxx
October 29th, 2022, 02:09
cdnmatt...u come across as xenephobic....comparing me to cockroaches (very Nazi like...) and lumping all non-Asians into some sort of inferior grouping.....I dont even know what triggered your outburst and fear I may drive you to a stroke...heavens forbid....good luck with finding peace and love in rural Laos....

cdnmatt
October 29th, 2022, 10:19
Xenephobic...? What? Where did you pull that from?

I'm not going to converse with someone who quite obviously doesn't even know the definitions of the words they're using.

Dodger
October 30th, 2022, 10:54
Unless things have changed (post covid) buying a bottle is usually cheaper if you're sitting with a group of boys at a host bar, where ordering single drinks for you and your "snuggle" is best in gogo bars.

As Matt stated earlier, when you buy a bottle at a gogo bar it's customary for the Mamasan to pour drinks for the staff and entertainers while they're working. The Mamasan rings the bell...the boys cheer...plenty of smiles and wais to follow...and worth every penny.

My most fond memories include "bells ringing"... "endless smiles"...and Boy Specials towel hitting the floor.

cdnmatt
October 30th, 2022, 17:33
Yeah, and usually, at least from my memory when you make the decision to buy a bottle one of the guys will go running off to the nearest 7/11 or Family Mart and grab it.

I miss those nights. Go for a stroll, end up at some random go-go bar filled with beautiful brown cuties wearing nothing but white shorts, then proceed to but a bottle to put a smile on everyon'e face. Good times.

That's why I've decided... when I start my gay bar in Vientiane, the name of it will be "Cheers". Should be awsome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-mi0r0LpXo

pong
November 24th, 2022, 13:47
ON the side, dear canucky matt: Now that I had the pleasure of some 4-5 real Lao guys to be together with last week here in BKK; so i all asked them (less the 1st who was just 2-3 weeks drawn from the sticky ricefields near Pakse and could barely even speak clear Thai-ecxept that he was there solely to earn a new motosay-old one crashed) I ALL asked them what would be available like where we were right then in Laos PDR (peoples democratic republic). All told me: no, only in Vientiane (not Luang Prabang etc.) But the only guy from that big city denied it all and said that the ´rattabaan=govmt, which they also even seem to have there, would not allow such filthy things. But with ladies? He smiled and said that woud be OK and plenty too.
Cheers for this cheers and keep the good works up! Success with it-even more as that haircutshop that turns into a cosy bar in PnomPenh. But it also seems to me all hensum Lao guys ave already migrated to here/BKK or other Thai places.
(the very 1st guy from real Lao made an unforgettable and long-lasting enduring impression in me).

Mason45
November 24th, 2022, 17:06
ON the side, dear canucky matt: Now that I had the pleasure of some 4-5 real Lao guys to be together with last week here in BKK; so i all asked them (less the 1st who was just 2-3 weeks drawn from the sticky ricefields near Pakse and could barely even speak clear Thai-ecxept that he was there solely to earn a new motosay-old one crashed) I ALL asked them what would be available like where we were right then in Laos PDR (peoples democratic republic). All told me: no, only in Vientiane (not Luang Prabang etc.) But the only guy from that big city denied it all and said that the ´rattabaan=govmt, which they also even seem to have there, would not allow such filthy things. But with ladies? He smiled and said that woud be OK and plenty too.
Cheers for this cheers and keep the good works up! Success with it-even more as that haircutshop that turns into a cosy bar in PnomPenh. But it also seems to me all hensum Lao guys ave already migrated to here/BKK or other Thai places.
(the very 1st guy from real Lao made an unforgettable and long-lasting enduring impression in me).

I've only been to Vientiane once, it's not a place I would recommend. It seemed rather strange to me as though the locals believe that big brother is looking over their shoulders. Anyway I did get a boy to massage me and when I requested extra attention, he said "no can do". So I invited him back to my room after a meal and a few drinks and he went off like a bucket of prawns left out in the sun.

infoarmor
November 25th, 2022, 04:33

I've only been to Laos once.. Stayed in Luang Pabrang for 4 days. There wasn't much activity on the apps. Was only able to meet a Singaporean tourist and a Lao guy but who lived in BKK. The look of the reception guy each time I went in with those two guys was a mixture of surprise and worry. Hopefully made more it more than up when I returned to BKK after that trip.
I hired a driver to take me to the waterfalls and some temples in the surrounding area. He asked me if I wanted to meet any girls when he learnt that I was single. He said he could provide them and that it wasn't a problem, so looks like female prostitution is pretty common and kinda accepted.
Never been to Vientiane as I always feel there is always much more in terms of guys, food, things to see, etc in other cities around that area compared to it. Looks like from the comments in this board that I haven't been missing much.