PDA

View Full Version : Why airlines tickets twice as expensive now?

AsDaRa
September 16th, 2022, 01:55
I want to go in October. Butairline tickets are now about twice as expensive. 1400 EUR is about the cheapest for a direct flight. Used to be around 700-800.

Is this the petrol prices or are there other factors in play ?

Blueskytoday
September 16th, 2022, 02:16
More passengers now...less seats available...Airlines want $$$$ so they can charge it.

Uranus
September 16th, 2022, 02:23
Fuel prices have sky rocketed and the air space over Russia is closed and contributes to longer flights and consequently burning more fuel.

latintopxxx
September 16th, 2022, 03:22
...when u got your covid vaccine they inserted a chip now they know exactly what u r thinking....everytime u think of going to Thailand to empty your balls they jack the price up...

gerefan2
September 16th, 2022, 21:04
Prices from UK still good in October. £800 direct with evaair

Oliver2
September 16th, 2022, 21:07
£3000 for Business Class on Eva. And £2500 in March.

francois
September 19th, 2022, 09:20
I found a ticket for 37,000 Baht,round trip, in Premium Economy from BKK (Bangkok) to NYC (America).

Blueskytoday
September 19th, 2022, 19:55
What airline was that?? Flying thru Tokyo or Europe?

Micky
September 19th, 2022, 20:31
I believe part of the reason air fares are so expensive is because China is not flying very much internationally any more andeven if they do fly occasionally, no transiting is allowed. The country is still very much wrapped up in their "zero covid policy". Prior to covid there were 5 or more flights a day from China into my home town.....now there may be only one or none. They are removed from all search engines it appears as well. Less competition drives up prices.

Moses
September 19th, 2022, 20:48
I want to go in October. Butairline tickets are now about twice as expensive. 1400 EUR is about the cheapest for a direct flight. Used to be around 700-800.

Is this the petrol prices or are there other factors in play ?

Passengers pay for ban of Russian airlines in EU.

Russian carriers have been barred from almost all of Europe’s airspace as part of sanctions imposed by the European Union. Russia’s government is responding with bans for airlines from supporting sanctions countries, forcing European carriers to cancel flights and reroute their networks to parts of Asia.

aot871
September 20th, 2022, 01:27
I would not agree the above message from Moses . As far as I k now the only airlines which used Russian Air space was Finn air and Cathy Pacific . Most off the other European carriers fly south east to hit Turkey then over the middle east and India then on to bkk . The middles east carriers of course don't go that way.

Moses
September 20th, 2022, 02:05
I would not agree the above message from Moses . As far as I k now the only airlines which used Russian Air space was Finn air and Cathy Pacific . Most off the other European carriers fly south east to hit Turkey then over the middle east and India then on to bkk . The middles east carriers of course don't go that way.

On the picture Eurocontrol's snapshot for one day. "Before and after".

vnman
September 21st, 2022, 21:37
Most off the other European carriers fly south east to hit Turkey then over the middle east and India then on to bkk .

I agree that this was often the case, but my last flights were all over Russia from Amsterdam.

But I remember that route well Turkey, Black Sea, Romania etc.

The amount of people wanting to travel will have a smaller impact. Prices have been steady ( expensive) and hardly tourists in Thailand. At least, that is what friends ann the news tells me.