PDA

View Full Version : Boyztown and other Pattaya Bars from the past

catawampuscat
July 11th, 2022, 13:56
It's Pikky beer bar, not Tikkys. Located in Boyztown across from Boyz,boyz, boyz.

Thanks francois, Pikky !!

Oliver2
July 11th, 2022, 15:59
"Pikky"? why? It took me years to discover why Kaiwai (or whatever) was so called....any suggestions?

Mancs
July 11th, 2022, 16:06
"Pikky"? why? It took me years to discover why Kaiwai (or whatever) was so called....any suggestions?

Either it refers to the AI driven digital assistant specializing in food recommendations or it means the men who work there are only interested in the most handsome tourists.

Andy
July 12th, 2022, 03:09
It took me years to discover why Kaiwai (or whatever) was so called....any suggestions?

Kawaii?.. Is it something like asian twinks from anime?

aussie
July 12th, 2022, 07:18
Kawaii?.. Is it something like asian twinks from anime?

Kawaii is a Japanese word meaning "cute". Kawaii Bar generally had cute twinks available for customers.

Oliver2
July 12th, 2022, 13:46
That's correct...I think it had gone by the time I found out!

Dodger
July 12th, 2022, 18:54
Does anyone remember Lucky 7 that was next to Kawaii?

Small inside, similar to Kawaii - but they had a few real head-turners if you like twinks.

Oliver2
July 13th, 2022, 21:55
True; and tomorrow the guy I met there seventeen years ago is joining me here in Pattaya. Can't wait! And he's still a head-turner at thirty-nine. I

Wolzek
July 21st, 2022, 10:43
Does anyone remember Lucky 7 that was next to Kawaii?

Small inside, similar to Kawaii - but they had a few real head-turners if you like twinks.

I believe the last boybar there was called Lucky777. Same owner as Vassa bar. I enjoyed that bar. As you say they had some handsome boys. But unfortunately it did not stay open long. Maybe one year? Then a little later, also Vassa bar closed.

Oliver2
July 21st, 2022, 10:53
Kaiwai was a couple of doors down from Lucky 777 which, according to my source (who worked there for a year), was open for four years.

poshglasgow
July 30th, 2022, 03:55
Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this, I did it....Kaiwai!

a447
July 30th, 2022, 12:34
And more, much more than this, I did it....Kaiwai!

The bar was called KAWAII meaning "cute". KAIWAI is a different word meaning "neighbourhood".

Let's just call it poetic licence! Lol