PDA

View Full Version : Best dating apps, and cruising areas these days?

extronaut
July 4th, 2022, 05:25
Going back to Vietnam, finally, this October. Last time I was there was '19.

Have 3 weeks to spend. Was thinking at least a week in tp hcm. Maybe a few days in Hanoi. Not sure where else I should go yet, any suggestions welcome.

infoarmor
July 6th, 2022, 07:50

Have 3 weeks to spend. Was thinking at least a week in tp hcm. Maybe a few days in Hanoi. Not sure where else I should go yet, any suggestions welcome.

HCMC has the highest number of guys and definitely the wildest. Hanoi should still be a lot of fun. I would suggest Da Nang. The beach is nice, there are plenty of guys and you can even do a day trip to Hue, the ancient capital from there. October should still be a good month to go, as later on it starts to get rainy and kinda cold, especially in the North.

Moses
July 6th, 2022, 15:48

+1 for Da Nang. There are huge amusement park and great hot spring resorts on the hills, in 30 min by taxi from Da Nang. I spend week in Da Nang and it was amazing time. By the way: don't miss to spend late evening time in rooftop bars on the first line of hotels with ocean view.

extronaut
July 8th, 2022, 16:41
Thanks Moses. It's Da Nang any good for cruising though?

Moses
July 8th, 2022, 19:47
Thanks Moses. It's Da Nang any good for cruising though?

I had a lot of offers in Blued there, but I was there with husband after 3 months of separate living, so I wasn't interested in them. In clubs some guys tried to hook up with us also...

shayne
July 13th, 2022, 17:25
It seems like nobody is answering the original question: cruising spots in HCM. Any suggestion about massage places with happy endings?

Moses
July 13th, 2022, 18:29
It seems like nobody is answering the original question: cruising spots in HCM. Any suggestion about massage places with happy endings?

"Original question" is about Hanoi. Answer: apps working much better than cruising, so cruising is died.

In HCM you should visit Adam (Nadam) spa - it is place for happy ending and for cruising.

shayne
July 13th, 2022, 18:42
"Original question" is about Hanoi. Answer: apps working much better than cruising, so cruising is died.

In HCM you should visit Adam (Nadam) spa - it is place for happy ending and for cruising.

It was actually about HCM and maybe Hanoi. Thanks for the tip about Nadam spa. Any other spa of that sort? (I am staying in HCM for a while)

extronaut
July 15th, 2022, 12:57
Thanks. Any idea which apps are most popular these days?

infoarmor
July 15th, 2022, 13:31
There is so much action that you can get through apps in HCMC that you might not even want to go to any spa or cruising areas, which by the way are not as good or as big as in some other Asian cities like Bangkok or Taipei.
Get yourself a big Airbnb place and you can even set up some group action, way better than at Nadam. Viet guys are pretty wild.

Thanks. Any idea which apps are most popular these days?

I mostly used Grindr and Hornet and in both the number of guys in Saigon was quite good, even by having a 18-25 age filter.
I remember seeing lots of guys on Blued too, but I don't use that app that much as I consider its UI a bit clunky. Never used Romeo or Scruff in Asia.

extronaut
July 17th, 2022, 17:46
When in Saigon, I was thinking of staying somewhere outside the tourist area, maybe either Tan Dinh or District 10, in order to get a more authentic Vietnamese experience.

Would I be a bit far away from the action, though? Is the Gay scene more or less centred around Phạm Ngũ Lão area, or is it well dispersed?

infoarmor
July 18th, 2022, 05:10
When in Saigon, I was thinking of staying somewhere outside the tourist area, maybe either Tan Dinh or District 10, in order to get a more authentic Vietnamese experience.

Would I be a bit far away from the action, though? Is the Gay scene more or less centred around Phạm Ngũ Lão area, or is it well dispersed?

Most of the gay venues are around District 1, thought there is nothing in Saigon that's similar to Silom in Bangkok.
It depends on how long are you staying in Saigon for. if you 're staying for 2 weeks or longer, I would spend 1 week in District 1 and the other week in a neighborhood further away from the center, so you can experience both words.

If you're just staying for a week or so, then it depends what you want to get from the gay scene. if you just want to hang out, drink and enjoy the crowd then you can stay in district 10 and get a Grab to/from D.1. it's usually pretty cheap. However, if you also plan to go back at your place together with a local guy picked up in gay bar, then some of the guys might back off knowing there is a 30 minutes or ore drive involved, unless you let them spend the night at your place.

Not staying in the city center might be even a winning strategy when it comes to scoring guys through apps.
As most of the foreigners stay in district 1, you will attract more attention from the guys around, whereas if you have stayed in the center you would have to compete with a much higher number of foreigners for the same Viet twinks.

oio999
August 6th, 2022, 21:53
[QUOTE=infoarmor;291558] I mostly used Grindr and Hornet and in both the number of guys in Saigon was quite good, even by having a 18-25 age filter.
Hi , what about communication with the boys on the app , are they ok in English?

infoarmor
August 7th, 2022, 10:40
[QUOTE=infoarmor;291558] I mostly used Grindr and Hornet and in both the number of guys in Saigon was quite good, even by having a 18-25 age filter.
Hi , what about communication with the boys on the app , are they ok in English?

Yeah, most of the guys I have met in HCMC have good English.
There were a few who couldn't speak much when I met them, so I realized they had used Google Translate when chatting with me on the app.
However, I had already gone through all the details in the app, so the encounters were still pretty good and sometimes preferable , as you don't have to go through that chit-chat after the act, that sometimes can turn awkward,.
Vietnamese guys in general tend not be clingy, unless they want to spend the night at your place.

oio999
August 7th, 2022, 13:34
Thanks for the information infoarmor, I’ve used apps like Grindr, Romeo, Hornet in Bali and Manila, they are quite good, in Bali hooked up a lots of local guys using Grindr. In Manila Romeo is the one worked for me, Hornet just so so , no success rate for me though, looking forward to have fun in HCMC :devilsh: Have heard about Blue but never used it , friends said they have some soft of security issues with the app, so not bothered using it .

infoarmor
August 7th, 2022, 14:15
Thanks for the information infoarmor, I’ve used apps like Grindr, Romeo, Hornet in Bali and Manila, they are quite good, in Bali hooked up a lots of local guys using Grindr. In Manila Romeo is the one worked for me, Hornet just so so , no success rate for me though, looking forward to have fun in HCMC :devilsh: Have heard about Blue but never used it , friends said they have some soft of security issues with the app, so not bothered using it .

I was in Manila two months ago. Didn't get anything on Hornet, but plenty of action on Grindr. Thought of using Romeo as I've heard fro some of my Filipino friends that they use it, but I got lazy.
Blued has a lot of functionalities but it's a pretty heavy app and can get a bit clunky especially if you use the free version.
Nonetheless, both Hornet and Blued are much popular in Vietnam and Thailand than they are in the PH, so I would give them a try if I were you.

pong
October 27th, 2022, 00:46
My own exp in Saigon is so old that its probably all changed by now. The park close by to the bekpek/budget touristy area PhamNgu Lao (or so) had many interesting guys later in the evening-but NOT what one would say ´cruising´.
Have in general had pretty bad exp. with about all VN guys working in BKK (my favorite haunt) so I decided after a few to pass them by.
From a very recent find-via other site: massage shop promising ´more´: zspa.com.vn. 1 hr msg in basic room quoted @ about 11US$. Tip comes extra-and this was the 1st time I read such a thing: has to be paid to your guy at reception and will be noted in the big book there!
(IN general-in the poorer ASEAN countries, like VN still is, as Camb or Laos), the usual tip for ´everything´ (for those in the know/locally settled) is like 20-25US$, rounded to a neat figure in local money. TH is notably above that, Indonesia a little below, Burma a lot. Now just try to get that in VN that is so extremely bisnis oriented.
When perusing this forum a few hrs ago I saw that Colombia is also on that range.

Moses
January 20th, 2023, 07:56
Right now Blued is for sure #1. In Hoi An, Da Nang, Hue, Saigon I see more 50 boys around within 1 km and app buzz every 5 min...

bkkmfj2648
January 20th, 2023, 10:17
Yes I would agree - I got 95% of my hookups from BLUED when I was in Vietnam in 2019 / 2020.
It was the number ONE hookup app.

pong
January 22nd, 2023, 12:17
Happy New Yr then-they must all be hoping today (TET!) for that big red envelope with brand new big bills in it...........
Whereas here in BKK about half of all people walk proudly with their new red shirts-or those qutish skirts for the little ones.