PDA

View Full Version : How Pattaya is different from Bangkok?

Alex
June 29th, 2022, 06:35
I would like to make my first trip to Thailand and everyone told me a different version about Pattaya and Bangkok.
Someone say Bangkok is more choice, some say is Bangkok,
some say Payttaya is more cheap as boys fee some says that the "quality" is better in Bangkok.
So I would like to have a first hand opinion.

What do you think are the main differences between the two places?

Dodger
June 29th, 2022, 10:08
If your holiday will involve going to bars and offing boys, Bangkok could end up costing you twice as much as Pattaya - and believe me, you're not going to get any more for your money than you would in Pattaya.

Pattaya is much less commercial...more lack back in-and-around the gay venues...a bit more sleaze (just the way I like it)...with an ocean.

I enjoy short trips (2-3 nights) to Bangkok, but that's the limit.

I love Pattaya...always have.

Oliver2
June 29th, 2022, 14:05
Like Dodger, I used to enjoy a couple of days in BKK....but that was when Babylon was open. The real holiday started on my arrival in Pattaya.

I have a theory about the differences between the guys in BKK and those in Pattaya. I've aired it before elsewhere....but here goes.

Gay visitors to a seaside resort like Pattaya are more likely to stay for longer periods than those visiting a city/ business centre like BKK. And yes, I know there are plenty of exceptions.

This means that many of the Pattaya guys are hopeful for a long-term off, a holiday partner with holiday pay, while the BKK ones are more likely to be looking for one-nighters. In my view, this increases the chances for more quality hook-ups.

Secondly, the Pattaya guys often live together or close together. Some are old friends from the provinces. BKK is huge and so many of the guys live a long-distances from Silom. In other words, the Pattaya guys are mates, the BKK ones more likely to be just work-mates. This results in a friendlier atmosphere in the bars...more joshing, teasing, playfulness.

I love the vibrancy of BKK but I'm more relaxed and at ease in Pattaya.

In my view, anyway. And I appreciate that BKK has its advocates, particularly those preferring muscle guys, who are more plentiful there.

christianpfc
June 29th, 2022, 22:46
some say Payttaya is more cheap as boys fee some says that the "quality" is better in Bangkok.
An off in Bangkok would cost me twice as much as an off in Pattaya. What happens in the bedroom depends on so many factors; however I found no or even negative correlation between price and service. I'm a Bangkok resident half of the year, but travel to Pattaya once a month to go to bars. The savings on drinks, off-fees, tips more than compensate for the expenses and effort of traveling and hotel.

As for general life and sightseeing, a first-time visitor can spend days or weeks in either place without getting bored. But for me as a repeat visitor, there is not that much to do in Pattaya any more, that's why I'm based in Bangkok when I'm in Thailand.

Alex
June 29th, 2022, 23:07
If your holiday will involve going to bars and offing boys, Bangkok could end up costing you twice as much as Pattaya - and believe me, you're not going to get any more for your money than you would in Pattaya.

Pattaya is much less commercial...more lack back in-and-around the gay venues...a bit more sleaze (just the way I like it)...with an ocean.

I enjoy short trips (2-3 nights) to Bangkok, but that's the limit.

I love Pattaya...always have.
I understand,
so it is not true that BKK offer higher quality and younger boys (of course always above the legal age)
Someone said that top quality twinks can be found only in the costly BKK bars....

Alex
June 29th, 2022, 23:09
Like Dodger, I used to enjoy a couple of days in BKK....but that was when Babylon was open. The real holiday started on my arrival in Pattaya.

I have a theory about the differences between the guys in BKK and those in Pattaya. I've aired it before elsewhere....but here goes.

Gay visitors to a seaside resort like Pattaya are more likely to stay for longer periods than those visiting a city/ business centre like BKK. And yes, I know there are plenty of exceptions.

This means that many of the Pattaya guys are hopeful for a long-term off, a holiday partner with holiday pay, while the BKK ones are more likely to be looking for one-nighters. In my view, this increases the chances for more quality hook-ups.

Secondly, the Pattaya guys often live together or close together. Some are old friends from the provinces. BKK is huge and so many of the guys live a long-distances from Silom. In other words, the Pattaya guys are mates, the BKK ones more likely to be just work-mates. This results in a friendlier atmosphere in the bars...more joshing, teasing, playfulness.

I love the vibrancy of BKK but I'm more relaxed and at ease in Pattaya.

In my view, anyway. And I appreciate that BKK has its advocates, particularly those preferring muscle guys, who are more plentiful there.

So for who like the twink, "unprofessional" type of boys Pattaya is a better choice.

pong
June 30th, 2022, 00:29
IF you only come for the guys-spend more time in Pty. But there is nothing to do otherwise as going to the beach in daytime. You should realise it is in practice just 1 giant brothel-mostly for str8s and this very notable when you go out. Gays are just a minor niche in this.
BKK has plenty of things to do and is so big its bigger as many countries in Europe (in nr of people and what there is to do). Plus that about every area of Thailand-and its neighbours, like Laos and Burma, have local settlements in BKK.

Alex
June 30th, 2022, 01:46
IF you only come for the guys-spend more time in Pty. But there is nothing to do otherwise as going to the beach in daytime. You should realise it is in practice just 1 giant brothel-mostly for str8s and this very notable when you go out. Gays are just a minor niche in this.
BKK has plenty of things to do and is so big its bigger as many countries in Europe (in nr of people and what there is to do). Plus that about every area of Thailand-and its neighbours, like Laos and Burma, have local settlements in BKK.

So if you come for meeting boys, the best choice is BKK?

infoarmor
June 30th, 2022, 05:19
So if you come for meeting boys, the best choice is BKK?

I guess it all depends if you're looking for paid or free time with guys. As I still don't have to pay to have a Thai guy come into my room, I prefer BKK many times over Pattaya. not only the number of guys available on apps or clubs is much higher, but in my opinion, so is the quality.
I've only been to Pattaya once, and even though I got a good number of guys for free, found most of them lacking English skills, some just preferred crashing at your place for the night instead of their bed and even physically, some looked almost malnourished.

A lot of guys in BKK not only have stunning bodies, but are educated, speak good English and make enough that they come to meet you, just because they are feeling like doing it and you can actually hold a decent conversation on many subjects before/after sex.
Plus, there are so many things to do in BKK. Great restaurants, parks, temples, museums, shopping, etc. But as you see in the comments, it all depends on what you are looking for and also I would say also how much time you plan to spend in one place.

Alex
June 30th, 2022, 06:36
I guess it all depends if you're looking for paid or free time with guys. As I still don't have to pay to have a Thai guy come into my room, I prefer BKK many times over Pattaya. not only the number of guys available on apps or clubs is much higher, but in my opinion, so is the quality.
I've only been to Pattaya once, and even though I got a good number of guys for free, found most of them lacking English skills, some just preferred crashing at your place for the night instead of their bed and even physically, some looked almost malnourished.

A lot of guys in BKK not only have stunning bodies, but are educated, speak good English and make enough that they come to meet you, just because they are feeling like doing it and you can actually hold a decent conversation on many subjects before/after sex.
Plus, there are so many things to do in BKK. Great restaurants, parks, temples, museums, shopping, etc. But as you see in the comments, it all depends on what you are looking for and also I would say also how much time you plan to spend in one place.
I dont mind to financially help boys,
I prefer "next door" type of twink boys.
I do not like much professional workers of bars/clubs/massages but instead I prefer the average boy that study and/or has his own job but he did not dislike to make sometime some extra money sometime.
So you think BKK is better for this?

davidmelba
June 30th, 2022, 08:13
If you have at least 10 days of holiday then you should visit both locations. You will have to decide for yourself which place you prefer. You can take bus from Ekammi bus depot on Sukumvit road in Bangkok to Pattaya for 130 baht. Members here can only do so much .. you need to make up your own mind!

Dodger
June 30th, 2022, 08:48

I prefer "next door" type of twink boys.

I do not like much professional workers of bars/clubs/massages but instead I prefer the average boy that study and/or has his own job but he did not dislike to make sometime some extra money sometime.

I prefer the same type boys, and for that reason rarely ever spent more than a few nights in Bangkok.

gerefan2
June 30th, 2022, 19:30
There is no free sex in Pattaya.
I think Bangkok is a better bet if that is what you want.
And I don’t know of anyone who goes to Pattaya to study!!

Moses
June 30th, 2022, 22:55
There is no free sex in Pattaya.
I think Bangkok is a better bet if that is what you want.
And I don’t know of anyone who goes to Pattaya to study!!

There is a lot of free sex in Pattaya :))) Everything depends on how you look like.

Andy
July 1st, 2022, 02:59
There is a lot of free sex in Pattaya :))) Everything depends on how you look like.

That"s right, but not with local boys. Free sex with thai boys in Pattaya is a pricey. By the way, did you know that it was the russians who invented love in order not to pay for sex? ;)

Alex
July 1st, 2022, 03:17
I prefer the same type boys, and for that reason rarely ever spent more than a few nights in Bangkok.

So you means that fot next-door type not professional dancers of boys Pattaya is better?

Alex
July 1st, 2022, 03:18
By the way, did you know that it was the russians who invented love in order not to pay for sex? ;)
What you means?

davidmelba
July 1st, 2022, 03:28
It was a joke Alex...I know English is not your first language...I am fairly new here too, why can't moderators give us forum members " likes" or other emotions like many other forums do? Wish it could happen...

latintopxxx
July 1st, 2022, 03:31
...once in the early days picked up a number at DJ...did the dirty at my hotel and finally asked him "how Much"...the look he gave me could have cut through steel...he was a local of Chinese descent who's family had more money than they could pole vault over..

aussie
July 1st, 2022, 09:22
...once in the early days picked up a number at DJ...did the dirty at my hotel and finally asked him "how Much"...the look he gave me could have cut through steel...he was a local of Chinese descent who's family had more money than they could pole vault over..

I had a similar experience at DJ Station. I asked the guy i stayed overnight with in the morning if he "needed anything"? He said no and showed me his open wallet which was full of thousand baht notes and said his family owned many factories. I never take it for granted that every young guy in Bangkok is a money boy.

Even in Pattaya there are some guys with wealthy family connections so unless you are offing them from a bar or have made financial arrangements online it is good to use some tact if discussing their requirements for payment.

Dodger
July 1st, 2022, 17:10
So you means that fot next-door type not professional dancers of boys Pattaya is better?

Yes

Jellybean
July 1st, 2022, 20:24
A copy of post #18 and two posts unrelated to the topic have been moved to the Feedback, How to and FAQ forum and given the new title, Where to find emoticons and the ‘Like’ button.

To contribute to the new topic, please click on the following link:
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?22860-Where-to-find-emoticons-and-the-%E2%80%98Like%E2%80%99-button

christianpfc
July 5th, 2022, 01:05
IF you only come for the guys-spend more time in Pty. But there is nothing to do otherwise as going to the beach in daytime.
Not true. There are plenty of attractions that can keep the tourist entertained for weeks. Some of them I rate world-class, e.g. Nong Nooch Tropical Garden and Sanctuary of Truth.

latintopxxx
July 5th, 2022, 03:18
ok, that took care of 2 days...now what about the other 5 in the week...and please dint say night market...its kinds same crao...different day

christianpfc
July 5th, 2022, 22:54
Long ago I made a list of daytime attractions in and around Pattaya:
https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/03/daytime-activities-in-pattaya.html

I have been to most of them. Nowadays I rather bring something to read or to watch to spend the day in Pattaya in my hotel room and just enjoy the nightlife. Or rent a car with driver to do sightseeing further away as a daytrip.

Dboy
July 6th, 2022, 03:15
The complaint is kinda accurate. There isn't all that much going on during the day. If you're a resident, you'll likely fall into the pattern of being out in the morning, then retreating to loom during the hot afternoons; and then going out again in the evenings/night. There's massage of course, perhaps right after lunch, or meeting someone new in loom. Afternoons are hot, so you won't want to be out anyway. If you work remote, as I'm generally doing, this is a bit of a problem, as my work day starts at about 8pm Jomtien time, until 2-3am during the week. I would never complain about that of course, because its the best place in the world to be...imo.

Oliver2
July 6th, 2022, 13:39
Late nights, active mornings, soporific afternoons....that's something of a pattern unless you wish to sit on the beach.

Dboy
July 6th, 2022, 17:51
Late nights, active mornings, soporific afternoons....that's something of a pattern unless you wish to sit on the beach.

From what I hear, the beach scene may be getting better. I dont need my feet shaved like cheese with a rusty razor by some old beach woman more than once. I hear the beach vendors are not as aggressive anymore? Anyway I'll find out in a week. I admit I have really missed that "ice cream" boy who's been there forever.

maump
July 6th, 2022, 22:41
. I never take it for granted that every young guy in Bangkok is a money boy.

Even in Pattaya there are some guys with wealthy family connections so unless you are offing them from a bar or have made financial arrangements online it is good to use some tact if discussing their requirements for payment.

My only free experience in thailand was with the long-time partner of an elderly Farang who no longer fucked his boy enough. ( a sexy fit passionate late thirties man). but I was a 60 yro punter.

Daveuk
July 12th, 2022, 12:48
I’ve just returned home having spent 2 weeks in Pattaya having a boy orientated holiday. Potential gay visitors should know that the gay scene there is a tiny fraction of the girlie one with its hundreds of beer bars, gogos and massage shops, now getting into full swing after the pandemic. The main gay nightlife area is now the Jomtien Complex, where there are now about 20 host bars all employing a complement of boys competing for trade. Boystown had not really got going and Sunee was a ghost town with the exception of Winner Boys Gogo, where cute twinks are available, although some are inexperienced (one I offed would not let me top him). I found no difficulty in finding boys for my bed, although hunk lovers might struggle. In addition to the bars there are boys available online, at Grindr and Romeo.
During the day I spent time on the beach. The so called gay beach is not really that anymore but I enjoyed sitting there enjoying the sea air, and during two afternoons accompanied by my “boyfriend du jour” , for whom I bought very brief speedos. I was pleased to find that Icecreen Ka had survived the pandemic. I did not visit any tourist attractions, but I have done so in the past so they do exist.

aot871
July 16th, 2022, 22:20
I'm not due to visit pattaya untill late Sept and just wondered what the average age of the boys in the jomtiem bars are.? I'm not interested in the young twink boys so would be looking for guys over 25

gerefan2
July 17th, 2022, 02:15
would be looking for guys over 25

Plenty available in that age group.

Oliver2
July 17th, 2022, 10:19
The majority of the guys we saw there yesterday- and admittedly it was early in the evening - appeared to be in their middle to late twenties. The age range may have changed when the Complex became busier.

davidmelba
July 17th, 2022, 17:42
Which bar in Jomtien currently has the most younger twinks? I just hope the thin moustash look is beginning to fade away. I like smooth, no facial hair guys...

latintopxxx
July 17th, 2022, 17:50
oh Lord...give me strength...so fussy

Oliver2
July 17th, 2022, 17:58
I'm not sure that the JC would prove a happy hunting-ground for you. It wasn't when I was last here thirty months ago and It's unlikely that it has changed, bearing in mind what I've seen in the past three days we've been here, admittedly early in the evening. Nevertheless, I certainly saw a couple that fit the bill a few minutes ago. So you may be lucky.
To answer your question, I'm not aware of any differences between the bars....but others know them better than me. And the faint moustache is a la mode throughout the city!
But nil desperandum; there are plenty of good looking guys around. One of the many joys of Thailand.

davidmelba
July 17th, 2022, 18:36
There is NO doubt that I am ridiculously picky and it drives me crazy also. I am lucky to have found one in the Complex in March and it was fantastic. I only saw one other guy who ticked all the boxes for me but he was friendly with my chosen one and I never got a chance to be with him. Maybe on my next visit?
What about Winner Bar in Sunee? I have heard that might be a good place to look...anyone been there lately?

topjohn5
July 18th, 2022, 03:09
Which bar in Jomtien currently has the most younger twinks? I just hope the thin moustash look is beginning to fade away. I like smooth, no facial hair guys...

I just pay them to shave it off!

topjohn5
July 18th, 2022, 07:03
oh Lord...give me strength...so fussy

Is it really that odd...really? A lot of us come to Asia for that smooth hairless look...I understand why they do it...mostly it's the only hair they can grow...and it makes them look older. However, it's a preference I dislike also.

aussie
July 18th, 2022, 08:33
What about Winner Bar in Sunee? I have heard that might be a good place to look...anyone been there lately?

I visited Winner Bar last Friday night. Five smooth twinks, no moustashes in sight were sitting outside the bar with customers. Those boys would be 20 to 27 years old. 4T Bar in Jomtien Complex has some younger looking twinks you might be interested in.

davidmelba
July 18th, 2022, 17:12
I visited Winner Bar last Friday night. Five smooth twinks, no moustashes in sight were sitting outside the bar with customers. Those boys would be 20 to 27 years old. 4T Bar in Jomtien Complex has some younger looking twinks you might be interested in.

Thank you for the great information....I will check out both places.

aot871
July 18th, 2022, 19:46
What I dont like is when the cover then selves with tattoos

davidmelba
July 18th, 2022, 21:48
It is becoming very prevalent in all the bars. Usually the hottest guys too...real shame!

latintopxxx
July 19th, 2022, 03:16
...again...why so fussy...at your age you should be eternally grateful that anything wants to even touch you

davidmelba
July 19th, 2022, 05:19
Speak about yourself partner, not for me!

topjohn5
July 19th, 2022, 10:51
What I dont like is when the cover then selves with tattoos

At first, I didn't like it (but it's not just Thailand...the USA youth love the too)...but after living there for 6 years I got used to it, and I just don't care anymore, lol.

topjohn5
July 19th, 2022, 10:52
...again...why so fussy...at your age you should be eternally grateful that anything wants to even touch you

There is that of course, hahahaha!

mr giggles
July 20th, 2022, 10:43

or look in your direction....

topjohn5
July 20th, 2022, 11:19
or look in your direction....

But, then again....they are getting paid to do even more than look!

steveky
July 20th, 2022, 20:37
Thanks for all the comments on this thread. I’m in BKK now and going down to Pattaya on Saturday. This has helped me understand what to expect.

On the issue of being fussy, I’m guilty as charged. I also don’t like tattoos, in fact would never even entertain the idea of offing a guy with them. But I realise that this is a cultural change and I belong to a previous generation. The other “fussy” thing for mine is a love of pubic hair. And I don’t know what happened in the last three years since I was last here, but everyone seems to have discovered manscaping. I cry myself to sleep at night!

Oliver2
July 21st, 2022, 11:07
I'm not sure how "cultural" tattoos are; I see them as more of a fashion, one that has grown in the last fifteen years but was unusual in earlier times. They are a complete turn-off for me too, by the way.

topjohn5
July 22nd, 2022, 10:44
I'm not sure how "cultural" tattoos are; I see them as more of a fashion, one that has grown in the last fifteen years but was unusual in earlier times. They are a complete turn-off for me too, by the way.

Sak Yant.... centuries-old tattoos all over Southeast Asia!

Oliver2
July 22nd, 2022, 17:53
Probably true, but not the reason why some Thai guys on the scene have them. Any more than British people choose them now- nothing to do with the traditions of the Royal Navy.

topjohn5
July 23rd, 2022, 04:04
Probably true, but not the reason why some Thai guys on the scene have them. Any more than British people choose them now- nothing to do with the traditions of the Royal Navy.

Maybe a few Thai guys, but the vast majority have these tattoos for luck...done by a monk.