PDA

View Full Version : Where to go Bangkok / Pattaya 1st time ?

Max6969
June 27th, 2022, 17:35
So my 1st trip to Thailand...
Going in October-November, however since i only have 5 nights in Bangkok and 6 nights in Pattaya, can you give me some
tips where to go for the nightlife (Bars and GoGo) ? (since my time to explore is limited)

My hotel in Bangkok is at "Silom" and in Pattaya near "Central Pattaya Esplanade" so i think im nearby the action.

I do prefer Cute guys but not feminine in action if possible.
I know every place has different offers, so if you guys can give me tips, would be great.

Thanks.

gerefan2
June 27th, 2022, 21:22
If you are staying near Central Pattaya Esplanade you are a little way from Boyztown. I measured it as 1.4 km or 0.8 mile. . Sunee Plaza is a further 1/4 of a mile.

Boyztown is on the baht bus route along Beach Road going to BT and along Pattaya 2nd Road on your return journey. Both streets are one way.

If you want to visit Jomtien Complex (the new centre of gay life) you can catch a baht bus at the cross roads opposite BT. If leaving from your hotel you may have to change at the same cross roads. It is about 3 km and a 10 minute journey.

Regards bars:

Boyztown, and the next Street, has 4 Gogo bars. Toyboys used to have plenty of twinks. It has only just reopened though.
In addition to the 4 Gogo bars there are three regular bars and a show bar. The area is nothing like it used to be.

Sunee Plaza has 2 Gogo bars and two three regular bars. It’s rather dead nowadays but Winner Gogo bar has twinks and is highly though of.

Jomtien Complex, on the other hand, has no less than 25 to 30 bars, numerous restaurants and quite a few massage places. To everyone’s exasperation there are no Gogo bars! Not allowed.

I will leave BKK to someone more experience to answer.

Max6969
June 27th, 2022, 22:44
Jomtien Complex, on the other hand, has no less than 25 to 30 bars, numerous restaurants and quite a few massage places. To everyone’s exasperation there are no Gogo bars! Not allowed.

Thanks for the info,
So if there are no GoGo at Jomtien, are there boys working at the bars who you can make an arrangement with and pay a fee at the bar or are they just dancers and staff ?

Or is it all freelancers at Jomtien ? (Personally i prefer official instead of freelancers, since im not that good at negotiations, so if its just freelancers then i guess Jomtien is not my thing...)

gerefan2
June 28th, 2022, 02:00
I would say most of the available boys in Jomtien are employed by the bars. Usual off fees apply.
There are, of course, freelancers too.

If you are into massage places there are 3 or 4 and plenty of guys working in them.

There is only one massage place in Boyztown, none in Sunne Plaza, but a few near
Tukcom which is not far from Sunee.

Don’t miss out on Jomtien...whatever you do!

Max6969
June 28th, 2022, 02:19
Nice, so basically Bar or GoGo Bar both have boys you can ask to your room for off fees ? noted thanks (Dont want to approach staff at a bar and finding out they dont do it and feeling akward. Thank you)

So at Jomtien any bar recomendations or mostly Twinks there in general ?

gerefan2
June 28th, 2022, 02:37
Nice, so basically Bar or GoGo Bar both have boys you can ask to your room for off fees ? noted thanks (Dont want to approach staff at a bar and finding out they dont do it and feeling akward. Thank you)

Anyone working in a gay bar in Pattaya is offable.... Fact!

davidmelba
June 28th, 2022, 06:07
So at Jomtien any bar recomendations or mostly Twinks there in general ?[/QUOTE]

I was there in March. It is really easy, walk along the street and keep your eyes moving. You will spot one standing or sitting besides the business. If you like him, smile say hi and do what cones naturally. There is really nothing complicated about it. Relax

maump
June 28th, 2022, 09:52

So at Jomtien any bar recommendations or mostly Twinks there in general ?

I haven't been to Jomtien in 5 years,. but then, you walk down the street, lots of boys at the bars (there is often seating in the street) they will say hi and try to invite you in for a drink. If you see a boy or a bar with mostly your type go in and take a seat, any boy will be happy to sit with you if you buy him a drink (he gets a cut). Ask a server (they didn't have a "mamason" when I was there), he will tell you details about the boys and round one up for you. you can "talk". If you like him, take him back. if not a small tip and try another.

When I was there, there was no off fee for beer bar boys. I thought they were all "free lance" work for tips and a cut of the drinks. Maybe that has changed?

Check out some of the Pictures/ You Tube videos to see what it is like.

Can any of the members point him at a how to?

francois
June 28th, 2022, 12:57
All bars have off fees.

Max6969
June 28th, 2022, 20:18
If you are staying near Central Pattaya Esplanade you are a little way from Boyztown.

So is my Hotel location good or better closer to Jomtien ? If Jomtien has so much to offer

gerefan2
June 28th, 2022, 21:00
So is my Hotel location good or better closer to Jomtien ? If Jomtien has so much to offer

I have always stayed close to BT and Sunee Plaza. Since 2004.

However for my next trip, in a few weeks time, I’m staying in Jomtien Complex!

thaiophilus
June 28th, 2022, 21:37

Closer to Jomtien and BT and Sunee would be better. At the moment you're at least 1.5 km/1 mile from all the action

davidmelba
June 28th, 2022, 22:20
They have several hotels right inside the complex.. None of them are 5 star but not bad

francois
June 29th, 2022, 11:33

Your hotel is not close to Jomtien Complex.

Oliver2
June 29th, 2022, 13:50
Plenty of accommodation in the Complex. A newbie would benefit from staying in a gay hotel, or at least one where the gay clientele is visible.

maump
July 1st, 2022, 02:02
Plenty of accommodation in the Complex. A newbie would benefit from staying in a gay hotel, or at least one where the gay clientele is visible.

I stayed at the Agate in the complex. Booked thru Agoda. Very nice, no problem with boys, decent breakfast (2016)

maump
July 1st, 2022, 02:04
All bars have off fees.

they didn't bill me in slow season 2016. The men were freelance as far as I knew. things change or I am losing my mind?

davidmelba
July 1st, 2022, 06:29
they didn't bill me in slow season 2016. The men were freelance as far as I knew. things change or I am losing my mind?

You were very lucky as I never heard of any free barfines. Usually if a freelance is working out of a bar you still pay the bar in addition to the boy.

pong
July 1st, 2022, 10:45
Depends on the bar. A very few-no idea if these still operate, or if yes on the old method, indeed did not charge off-fees as all guys were freelances-this also means there is no method to keep them attached to that bar. They may just butterfly around to see where there are prospects (maybe you......)-or not. or it might not have been a ´gay´ bar at all, it was just an incidental hit/meet.
It is always possible to avoid the fee by making an arrangement with mister B to come later to your hotel-with the odd chance that someone else might hire him in between. But with all the apps etc I think it all gets superfluous soon.
Really-I keep on wondering why so many seem to think it is all running on prescribed military ways-nothing works like that anywhere In Thailand. Which also means you cannot really rely on --yesterday it was there this, so today it is here?

Oliver2
July 1st, 2022, 14:16
I stayed at the Agate in the complex. Booked thru Agoda. Very nice, no problem with boys, decent breakfast (2016)

Yes, The Agate is excellent. But don't book through Agoda; email the hotel and you will get a vastly better price. I've just booked a November visit at 1200 pn...no breakfasts yet, though. My previous visit, pre-Covid, cost 2000bht.

gerefan2
July 1st, 2022, 19:50
Yes, The Agate is excellent. But don't book through Agoda; email the hotel and you will get a vastly better price. I've just booked a November visit at 1200 pn...no breakfasts yet, though. My previous visit, pre-Covid, cost 2000bht.

I have just booked to stay one month at Agate next month and the price is 1000 Baht per night. Booked direct by email.

Oliver2
July 1st, 2022, 21:02
The price has gone-up,I was told, for the high season. I can cope with a 200 bht increase!

maump
July 2nd, 2022, 21:04
I have just booked to stay one month at Agate next month and the price is 1000 Baht per night. Booked direct by email.

great to know. in 2016, I think it was 1200 with breakfast for a really nice room. exchange rate was 37b/usd at the time...

on another visit I stayed at Venue. Pretty good, not quite as nice as Agate. they were careful about IDs at Venue, not at agate.

davidmelba
July 2nd, 2022, 21:57
I have a reservation at the East Suites.. is it any good? Fairly good rate on agoda..I still can cancel so any info is appreciated!

Dodger
July 3rd, 2022, 09:23
I have a reservation at the East Suites.. is it any good? Fairly good rate on agoda..I still can cancel so any info is appreciated!

You can't beat the location.

I used to live in one of these suites on a annual rental contract before they turned them into holiday rental units and loved the location and ambiance that the Complex offers.

As you already know you'll be within stumbling distance of all the boy bars...plenty of restaurants...boy massage...and a short stroll to the gay beach. What's not to like!

I'd probably still be there now if they didn't sell the building.

Enjoy your visit.

davidmelba
July 3rd, 2022, 09:31
Thanks for the encouraging words about the place. I won't get there until March 2023 but now that I have found this forum I thank all you guys with so many great tips. Love to buy one of you gentlemen a drink when I get there and look at the boys together.

Andy
July 3rd, 2022, 12:40

If you are not concerned about the lack of an elevator and at the same time a rather steep staircase, then this is one of the best options.