PDA

View Full Version : Male dorms in bangkok

forumer
June 8th, 2022, 12:48
Anyone stays in male dorms in BKK for holiday?
Lazy Sunday.
Siam stadium etc.

christianpfc
June 12th, 2022, 20:06
Which style do you prefer?

I once stayed in a 32-bed-male-dorm in Taiwan, to save money. Some interesting views. But no idea where to go in Thailand, and anyway I can afford a hotel in Thailand.

Patanawet
June 13th, 2022, 14:20
Yuk. Can think of nothing worse the the sweaty, testosterone stink of a male dorm.
Hang on, I can think of worse -- a female dorm.

pong
June 13th, 2022, 17:45
I am pretty sure noone from readers in this forum.
Also: these are preying ignorant young people from the west, who are convinced without checking that it will be ´cheaper´ as a little search further on-and also that it is imperative to do online booking before. With a little soul searching in the right places you will be able to find private rooms Thai style aiming the once so numerous bekpekkkers for less as a dormbed. Plus that the surroundings will also be much cheaper in what you need: streetfood etc. I´ve stayed indeed many times for weeks in such places.

Armando
June 14th, 2022, 15:05
I have no idea exactly what you are looking for or what your price is, but this page on the agoda booking site lists quite a number of very cheap hostels. I have to add i know nothing about any of them. I believe there is one at the end of Sathorn Soi 1 at the junction with Soi Ngamduplee which is pretty central. It used to be called S1 but then closed. I think it may now be called SoHo.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/SmartDeals-g293916-Bangkok-Hotel-Deals.html

Patanawet
June 14th, 2022, 16:51
I have no idea exactly what you are looking
I suspect he is looking for the likes of the now defunct Babylon Barracks.

Armando
June 14th, 2022, 20:58
I suspect he is looking for the likes of the now defunct Babylon Barracks.
I always thought that was rather up market, but I was never inside.

latintopxxx
June 15th, 2022, 03:30
the barracks at babylon were very basic, nice clean room but shared bathrooms which not only were clean and spacious were also the main reason I stayed there occsasionally, the open showers were very busy late at night as in after 11pm...

tom00xxx
July 27th, 2022, 18:00
Anyone stays in male dorms in BKK for holiday?
Lazy Sunday.
Siam stadium etc.
Not everyone in a male dorm is gay. Doubt you will find some action there.