PDA

View Full Version : Thai pass

aot871
May 29th, 2022, 02:33
Does any one know how far in advance you can obtain the Thai pass ? I can get a good deal on qatar for the dates I wish to fly in Oct but have not yet booked as its still over 4 months.

aot871
May 29th, 2022, 04:48
Does any one know how far in advance you can obtain the pass . I can obtain a good price flight for Oct but wish to obtain the pass before I book.

Moses
May 29th, 2022, 05:12
Does any one know how far in advance you can obtain the pass . I can obtain a good price flight for Oct but wish to obtain the pass before I book.

Applicants can use their approved Thailand Pass QR Code to enter Thailand on different date of arrival if the new date of arrival is within 7 days before or after the original date of arrival as indicated on the QR Code https://tp.consular.go.th/home

Looks like since you have to attach your vaccination certificate, only thing you should care besides insurance, - your certificate that you will have at the day of your application for ThaiPass, should be still valid in October.

And by the way: at time of applying for ThaiPass you have to have your flight details already: day and flight number

aot871
May 29th, 2022, 06:13
https://tp.consular.go.th/home

Looks like since you have to attach your vaccination certificate, only thing you should care besides insurance, - your certificate that you will have at the day of your application for ThaiPass, should be still valid in October.

And by the way: at time of applying for ThaiPass you have to have your flight details already: day and flight number
Although it says you have to have your flight details it does not mean that you have payed and the airline has confirmed.

Oliver2
May 29th, 2022, 13:17
My flight is on 11 July. I shall apply about five weeks before that, allowing time for the new system to bed-in and also for time to sort out any problems, however unlikely that may be.

I was under the impression that six weeks before departure was the earliest time you could apply.

The rumour that the TP may end on 1 June has turned-out to be just that, a rumour. I suppose the drop in Thai infections and the lack of infected tourist arrivals may result in changes for July but I'm not holding my breath.

gerefan2
May 29th, 2022, 13:29

No
See requirements here.

gerefan2
May 29th, 2022, 18:33
You do not need to pay for or book any flights in order to apply for the Thai Pass.

The paperwork requirements are listed here https://tp.consular.go.th/

The requirements constantly change!

It does not give any information about how far you can book in advance, so I would suggest buying the flights now (to get the deal) and book the pass later.....

Blueskytoday
May 29th, 2022, 22:00
Just END this TH pass and Insurance and MOVE on people...let us in....No hassle ...I think JULY...

Moses
May 29th, 2022, 22:07
No
See requirements here.

exactly... what do you see here?

siscu58
May 30th, 2022, 00:54
You don't need to have actually payed for your flight but you need to know the arrival flight number.

Mancs
May 30th, 2022, 02:52
You don't need to have actually payed for your flight but you need to know the arrival flight number.

Though as it's a 15 day window to arrive (from June 1st) I doubt IM are that bothered about the exact flight number:

You can apply up to 60 days in advance of your trip and the approval QR code is valid for a 15-day window, comprising your intended date of entry +/- 7 days either side, without the need to upload new supporting documents.

https://mainlymiles.com/2022/05/20/thailand-pass-simplified-from-1-june-including-instant-approval/

Moggy
May 30th, 2022, 15:59
Hi
Does any one know what you have to show immigration when arriving at BKK I have Thai Pass and 2month E Visa I just like to have all the papers ready .

gerefan2
May 30th, 2022, 21:13
Hi
Does any one know what you have to show immigration when arriving at BKK I have Thai Pass and 2month E Visa I just like to have all the papers ready .

Have everything printed. All the documents. They may well be required at departure airports too.
Most prefer paper copies as it speeds things up. No messing with phones trying to find things.

aot871
June 1st, 2022, 16:39
What happens after the pass is approved ?Does the Thai end send you an Email will your QR code to show at the airport?

christianpfc
June 1st, 2022, 18:21
Eager to go to Thailand?

...I wish to fly in Oct...
If I'm still alive in October, I sincerely hope I can go to Thailand without Thai Pass or insurance.

Moses
June 1st, 2022, 19:18
What happens after the pass is approved ?Does the Thai end send you an Email will your QR code to show at the airport?

After submitting TP, in 1-2 hours you will receive email with your QR, save it on your phone or print and you are ready

Moses
June 1st, 2022, 19:21
Eager to go to Thailand?

Oh, you are right in 200%... June is low season, but at Siamroads all Thai guides in June are almost fully booked already, in Vietnam - about 60% of full capacity.

Blueskytoday
June 1st, 2022, 21:15
Too bad after the long day of touring, the guides are not permitted to give a relaxing massage at the end of the day....they need a few of these available....am I the only one thinking this? LOL

vnman
June 1st, 2022, 21:19
I think there is too much excitement over nothing. The Thai pass is a simple formality. It's like we never travelled before there was such a thing as a visa on arrival.

and yes, it is low season. But I am surely not the only one who enjoys/prefers it over high season. The food will taste the same and the boys too, even if there are fewer. :D

Mancs
June 3rd, 2022, 00:02
Though as it's a 15 day window to arrive (from June 1st) I doubt IM are that bothered about the exact flight number:

You can apply up to 60 days in advance of your trip and the approval QR code is valid for a 15-day window, comprising your intended date of entry +/- 7 days either side, without the need to upload new supporting documents.

https://mainlymiles.com/2022/05/20/thailand-pass-simplified-from-1-june-including-instant-approval/

I read that the window to arrive has gone back to 3 days. TiT.

aot871
June 3rd, 2022, 08:41
I read that the window to arrive has gone back to 3 days. TiT.

Where have you read that ?

aot871
June 6th, 2022, 19:17
What's the betting , that the Thai pass will be cancelled by the end of August ?
?

gerefan2
June 7th, 2022, 02:10
What's the betting , that the Thai pass will be cancelled by the end of August ?
?

As has been said before if they cancel the Thai Pass they lose heir insurance scams.
So...No Chance!
TIT

Oliver2
June 7th, 2022, 21:07
Rumours....I emphasise the word....that the TP is up for discussion again this week and may be quickly dropped. I heard it first from a Youtube correspondent.

Mancs
June 11th, 2022, 04:35
Where have you read that ?

I read it was 3 days on the Thai Pass website when I applied for it.

Oliver2
June 11th, 2022, 13:05
Yes; my recently-received QR confirms this.

Dodger
June 11th, 2022, 19:37
Below is a recent article on the subject.

Every time I read the word "Proposed" I stop reading and close the page.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-thailand/will-the-thailand-pass-end-in-june

Patanawet
June 18th, 2022, 15:52
You win the betting:) unless there's a flip-flop.

Jellybean
August 4th, 2022, 21:03
Today, August 4th, 2022, I received the following advice by email from the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office:

This page reflects the UK government’s understanding of current rules for people travelling on a full ‘British Citizen’ passport, for the most common types of travel.

The authorities in Thailand set and enforce entry rules.

All travellers

From 1 July, you are no longer required to apply for permission to enter Thailand.

You still need to show proof of either a vaccine certificate or negative COVID-19 test results.

Vaccine certificate or pro-ATK/RT-PCR results (within 72 hours) will be checked by airline staff at check-in and once again when you arrive in Thailand.

USD 10,000 insurance requirements for COVID-19 treatment will no longer be mandatory, but is highly recommended.

If you’re fully vaccinated

You must show proof of your vaccination status.

Proof of vaccination status

All persons aged 18 or over must have a vaccination certificate.

Thailand will accept UK COVID-19 vaccination records and UK COVID-19 recovery certificates. Your final vaccine dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to travel. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.

If you’re not fully vaccinated

If you are not fully vaccinated, you must have proof of a negative result from an RT-PCR test or professional lateral flow test within 72 hours of travel. If you arrive without a negative test result, you are required to follow the public health instructions and guidelines as deemed appropriate by the Health Control officer at the point of arrival. All expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the traveller.

If you’ve had COVID-19 in the past year

Entry requirements for Thailand are the same for all travellers, regardless of whether you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past year.

Residents of Thailand

If you have a Thai resident visa and usually live in Thailand but you cannot return within the required year, the Thailand authorities will grant you an extension to your compulsory return deadline. You must return to Thailand as soon as you can . . .

Full details can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/entry-requirements

Oliver2
August 5th, 2022, 13:49
No sign of certificate checking that I could see on 15 July and 2 August. My certificate was unexpectedly checked by EVA at the LHR check-in despite my being told the day previously by the airline that this was no longer done. And nor was it at my departure on Tuesday. The threatened "spot checks" at BKK weren't visible to me.

I shall certainly make sure I have a certificate when I go in November. Just in case.

christianpfc
August 5th, 2022, 21:40
No more Thai pass, no more insurance, no more arrival cards. Only passport and vaccination certificate required.

Blueskytoday
August 6th, 2022, 07:53
So BOARDING THE AIRCRAFT,,,, for the flight to Thailand, all that is required would be (for American's then) ONLY show CDC Vaccination card, OR other nationalities, Their Vaccination card,,,nothing else needed right?? Thanks ,,,,

christianpfc
August 9th, 2022, 21:37
For Germans only passport and proof of vaccination (or alternatively negative test or recovery) at check-in. At Thai immigration, they didn't even check my vaccination.

In my case (vaccination in Cambodia), I went to a clinic in Cambodia to get the data from my vaccination card printed out, stamped and signed on A4 paper.