PDA

View Full Version : Phnom Penh Tool Box closed

litefoot2
May 26th, 2022, 11:49
Was saddened to learn of Tool Box Bar closing, a class act among bars. Anyone out there have any updates on Phnom Penh?

Aux1010
May 26th, 2022, 18:39
Yeah, I was gutted to see that too! ToolBox (and initially Doug's previous Male Boxx Bar) was my one of my main motivators for keeping me returning to PP and I generally had a lot more fun there than any other bars in neighbouring countries.

I do note that Google Maps shows it as 'Temporarily Closed', rather than 'Permanently Closed'...unsure if that means that there might be a chance it may re-open in some form when more tourists return...but perhaps I'm just being overly optimistic lol and unfortunately there was no indication that may be the case when they announced their closing.

I think I will still visit PP again on my next overseas travels (even though bars / guys are my main reasons for travelling, I do still enjoy the chaos of PP regardless of the bars), but not expecting too much in the bar scene currently.

Purely based off internet news, I'd say POC Louge (run by Tola, the previous manager / owner of POC Bar) may be the next best option currently. They do have some of the previous ToolBox dancers appearing sometimes. But yes, I'd also love to hear any updates from anyone there currently!

aussie
May 26th, 2022, 19:24
Yeah, I was gutted to see that too! ToolBox (and initially Doug's previous Male Boxx Bar) was my one of my main motivators for keeping me returning to PP and I generally had a lot more fun there than any other bars in neighbouring countries.

I do note that Google Maps shows it as 'Temporarily Closed', rather than 'Permanently Closed'...unsure if that means that there might be a chance it may re-open in some form when more tourists return...but perhaps I'm just being overly optimistic lol and unfortunately there was no indication that may be the case when they announced their closing.

They are building a hotel on the ToolBox Bar site so that location is not an option. I hope Doug will open a bar again in Cambodia or Thailand. He knows how to provide customers with excellent entertainment.