PDA

View Full Version : New boy beer bars and one reopened, in Jomtien Complex.

catawampuscat
May 23rd, 2022, 20:55
Double shot boy bar has reopened and looked festive tonight..
Two new boy beer bars opened as well.
One is JQK or KQJ, near Dodo’s and the other just across the soi..

catawampuscat
May 31st, 2022, 13:12
JQK doing well with many boys and customers. It’s spitting distance from @home boy beer bar.
The other new bar has yet to open .

colmx
June 1st, 2022, 03:17
Also BN bar opening around corner from the unnamed bar above. In the old 2Donna premises, almost ready after an extensive refit.

Like Home bar JQK and BN are both Khmer run... Possibly the third bar also?

catawampuscat
June 1st, 2022, 11:38
The new ‘unnamed’ beer bar has sign now. Name is 69 Bar..
BN bar just off the main drag. It could be anchor for even more bars.

Kenny
June 3rd, 2022, 01:05
Some photos of the new bars...

catawampuscat
June 7th, 2022, 21:59
“69” boy beer bar had huge crowd of customers tonight. It’s a big sprawling bar. I didn’t see balloons.

Daveuk
June 8th, 2022, 04:58
And the boys at 69 - Cambodia or Thai ? Many get offed ?

catawampuscat
June 8th, 2022, 10:13

I was passing by and didn’t stop. I thought it was probably a grand opening or a birthday party but the apparent lack of balloons
was puzzling..

aussie
June 8th, 2022, 13:46
Jomtien 69 is a Cambodian managed bar with Cambodian boys.

vnman
June 8th, 2022, 22:14
Jomtien 69 is a Cambodian managed bar with Cambodian boys.

I can not see the pics

christianpfc
June 9th, 2022, 00:16
I can't see them either, even as a moderator.

aussie
June 9th, 2022, 09:10
I can not see the pics

aot871
June 9th, 2022, 22:28

With all these new bars opening , where're the boys coming from? Are they thai or cambodian ?

gerefan2
June 9th, 2022, 23:51
Looks like a good addition to the Complex

Ruthrieston
June 10th, 2022, 09:12
Sound the alarm!! A lady bar has been opened in the Complex! "Gents" bar is opposite Dragon Lounge, apparently owned by the same person. Young ladies in skimpy underwear now harrass people walking past. Not a good addition to the Complex. Yeuch!

Dodger
June 10th, 2022, 12:11

Young ladies in skimpy underwear now harrass people walking past.

Maybe the boys will take the hint and start harassing customers the same way.

catawampuscat
June 10th, 2022, 12:56
The last few times I walked around the complex, Double Shot bar beer has been closed. Why open and then close?

gerefan2
June 10th, 2022, 20:12
Sound the alarm!! A lady bar has been opened in the Complex! "Gents" bar is opposite Dragon Lounge, apparently owned by the same person. Young ladies in skimpy underwear now harrass people walking past. Not a good addition to the Complex. Yeuch!

Some would think the opening of Dragon Lounge was the thin end of the wedge. Maybe they were right.

vnman
June 10th, 2022, 22:50
The last few times I walked around the complex, Double Shot bar beer has been closed. Why open and then close?

He often closed certain days in Sunnee too. The man is not in it for the money. It is his playground.

catawampuscat
June 10th, 2022, 23:35
BN boy beer open tonight with lots of customers. Possibly grand opening?

catawampuscat
June 10th, 2022, 23:38
He often closed certain days in Sunnee too. The man is not in it for the money. It is his playground.

Re: Double Shot
Closed every time I’m in the complex recently. Only open one night.
I’m not in the Complex everyday but perhaps aussie can share his thoughts and observations?

Ruthrieston
June 11th, 2022, 09:15
The Belgian owner of Double Shot is still in Belgium where he has been for a while now, but I hear that he is due to return later this month. The "police" ordered the bar to
close just two days after it reopened as a punishment for earlier breaking the rules and staying open after the legal closing time. The same was done to Dragon Lounge and Divarium. Hopefully Double Shot will be back to normal once the boss gets back.

aussie
June 11th, 2022, 11:57
Re: Double Shot
Closed every time I’m in the complex recently. Only open one night.
I’m not in the Complex everyday but perhaps aussie can share his thoughts and observations?

The owner of Double Shot is hoping to re-open the bar later this month. He had some private matters which have kept him in Begium and he is very keen to return to Pattaya asap.

aussie
June 11th, 2022, 12:27
BN boy beer open tonight with lots of customers. Possibly grand opening?

Yes, it was opening night.

aot871
June 11th, 2022, 16:19
With all there new bars opening with boys from cambodia ,, what percentage of the boys would you think are gay or like lots of bars with Thai boys ,gay for pay ?

aussie
June 11th, 2022, 16:57
With all there new bars opening with boys from cambodia ,, what percentage of the boys would you think are gay or like lots of bars with Thai boys ,gay for pay ?

The three new bars in Jomtien Complex are a mix of gay and gay for pay staff. JQK bar also has Thai and Laos boys who are gay.

Bars in the Complex with the majority gay for pay are Double Shot (when open) and a few sometimes in Ardonis bar. Some of the str8 boys from Double Shot are now working in Coqtailes Bar.

catawampuscat
June 11th, 2022, 22:28

We passed by several times and zero customers at the lady bar. 5 ladies looking bored and discouraged.
My guess is will reconvert to a boy bar very soon.

Dodger
June 12th, 2022, 08:07
We passed by several times and zero customers at the lady bar. 5 ladies looking bored and discouraged.
My guess is will reconvert to a boy bar very soon.

Either that, or the lady's will start dressing like boys. TIT

catawampuscat
June 12th, 2022, 13:37
We were at the new ‘69’ boy bar beer last night to check it out. The flamboyant mamasan/host was overly aggressive and hovering over us and he told
a lad to sit with me. When the boy started to order a drink, I spoke up and canceled his drink order. I told the mamasan that if I
want a boy to sit with me, I can handle it myself after over 20 years in Pattaya.
Frankly, it turned me off and I doubt I’ll revisit ‘69’ bar anytime soon. If aggressive flamboyant mamasans are not your thing,
you’ve been warned.
The 9:30 cabaret show at nearby Venue started and it was quite loud and it was time to move on.
One bad experience shouldn’t turn off anyone else but serve to alert, if you like to make your own decisions..

P.S. The mamasan’s behavior reminded me of ‘Layla’, an infamous Boyztown area mamasan of the past.

Oliver2
June 12th, 2022, 13:44
I find the mamasan's treatment of the guy even more reprehensible than the rudeness to a customer. To embarrass both parties like that is unforgiveable....we know what catawampuscat's reaction was but what was the poor guy's feeling at being treated like a commodity?

Kenny
June 12th, 2022, 15:37
Great to see the new bars opening, the Jomtien Complex certainly seems to be heading for a boom.

Photos of the new JQK Bar stirred some happy memories.
On my first visit to Thailand in 2017 it was under a different name, New life Bar I think, and it became a favourite hangout for the holiday.

I was there during the low season and the bars were quiet, so we had the place to ourselves most nights. Here is a photo of it at the time, between The Venue and @Home Bar.

I recall some fun nights with the boys there playing forfeits which involved dodgy dancing, bottles of whiskey and buckets of ice.

One of the boys, Joe, could still be seen at a bar in the complex on recent visits. They were good times. Here's a video from one of the games.

https://youtube.com/shorts/xAYKPp3oX2M

The bar didn't last long after that, business was slow at the time. It later opened under different management - R Bar I think - which was also short lived.

I wish the new bars every success and I'm looking forward to enjoying a drink in JQK Bar on my next visit, for old times sake.
Though I may pass on the ice and whiskey forfeits on that occasion.

London68
June 12th, 2022, 20:54
all good news about the complex..

catawampuscat
June 13th, 2022, 01:26
I find the mamasan's treatment of the guy even more reprehensible than the rudeness to a customer. To embarrass both parties like that is unforgiveable....we know what catawampuscat's reaction was but what was the poor guy's feeling at being treated like a commodity?

We stayed for about 30 minutes. The lad the mamasan directed to me seemed unfazed and nonplussed. I thought it was just a game
to get the farang customer to buy drinks and tip. Many older farangs are too polite and nice and get taken advantage of by
aggressive forceful antics.
The lad was quite a bully with the other boys, pushing one off a stool.
The lad may have not needed the mamasan direction and was simply a pushy aggressive person. Time to move on !

Gaybutton
June 14th, 2022, 05:42
Sound the alarm!! A lady bar has been opened in the Complex!

It makes no sense to me that anyone would open a lady bar right in the middle of Jomtien Complex. I haven't been there yet to see for myself, but are you sure it is really a lady bar? Maybe it is a ladyboy bar. That, at least, would make some sense.

francois
June 14th, 2022, 13:06
Real ladies; take a look.

Oliver2
June 14th, 2022, 16:08
It took me two visits to realise that the ladies performing at Cockpit weren't ladies. And that was only after a waiter put me straight.

Gaybutton
June 14th, 2022, 17:26

Unless they are totally repulsive, out of curiosity I'm going to do more than that. It seems that none posting has actually gone to the bar - only taken a good look.

I plan to go to the bar, have a drink and a chat with a couple of them. Then I'll know without any doubt. I don't know how soon I'll be going. Maybe someone will beat me to it. If nothing else, I'd like to find out why someone would open such a bar there. Sounds highly risky to me, and the gay bar business is risky enough as it is.

davidmelba
June 14th, 2022, 18:28
I hope I am not a pariah on this forum as I recently joined, but I would welcome a ladyboy bar in the midst of the complex due to the fact that I'm only attracted to fem boys and lady boys. I would actually stay at 1 of the hotels in the complex if I knew this bar was working with some beautiful young lady boys. I hope it becomes a reality as I come later this year to visit!

francois
June 14th, 2022, 23:38
I hope I am not a pariah on this forum as I recently joined, but I would welcome a ladyboy bar in the midst of the complex due to the fact that I'm only attracted to fem boys and lady boys. I would actually stay at 1 of the hotels in the complex if I knew this bar was working with some beautiful young lady boys. I hope it becomes a reality as I come later this year to visit!

The ones I saw were not beautiful, young lady boys! Quite the opposite, but didn't get to check them out.

catawampuscat
June 15th, 2022, 14:12
One can anticipate Double Shot boy bar beer reopening very soon as farang boss is back in town..

aussie
June 17th, 2022, 14:22
One can anticipate Double Shot boy bar beer reopening very soon as farang boss is back in town..

I heard that Double Shot Bar will re-open sometime next week, around the 22nd.

Also two more new bars may be opening soon in the Jomtien Complex. One in the double space next to the just opened B.N Bar and another in the next soi near the Blind Massage.

From my observations this week, the recently opened 69 Bar and B.N Bar do not have many customers. A much larger number of tourists or expat customers will be needed to support all the new bars that are opening.

Gaybutton
June 17th, 2022, 15:12
I did. You're right. They are really ladies. There were only 3, fully clothed, when I went. There were also two boys working there. Maybe more come later. I was there at about 8:00pm and stayed less than 5 minutes.

catawampuscat
June 17th, 2022, 17:01
BN boy bar beer is painted a garish pink color. The bar has been mostly empty since the opening.
Think Pepto - bismal pink.

catawampuscat
June 22nd, 2022, 18:20
I heard that Double Shot Bar will re-open sometime next week, around the 22nd.

Also two more new bars may be opening soon in the Jomtien Complex. One in the double space next to the just opened B.N Bar and another in the next soi near the Blind Massage.

From my observations this week, the recently opened 69 Bar and B.N Bar do not have many customers. A much larger number of tourists or expat customers will be needed to support all the new bars that are opening.

Ladyboy M, formerly of Cupidol Gogo boy bar in Boyztown, said he was going to open another boy bar beer on blind massage soi.
M is boss of B N boy beer bar and Thai.

aot871
June 23rd, 2022, 19:04
With all these new bars opening , with Cambodian and Laos guys , what percentage , do you think are gay guys and what percentage are gay for pay.? Also , I know it might be hard to say ,but who do you reckon give better service ?

latintopxxx
June 24th, 2022, 03:36
straights naturally

Dodger
June 24th, 2022, 08:41
straights naturally

That's a bit of a stretch considering the fact that having sex with another man is "unnatural" for a str8 man.

davidmelba
June 24th, 2022, 09:48
Why would straights Give better service when a straights natural inclination is to be with the opposite sex? Why would he give better service than a gay man who actually enjoys doing it and gets turned on by it?

Oliver2
June 24th, 2022, 13:45
It's not a question of whom the guy prefers but of what the gay man who's paying wants.
We've explored this issue frequently over the years; there is a clear difference in taste between those of us who like gay men and those who prefer straight....and it is also the same within the gay Thai community. Ladyboys, for example, tend to prefer straights.
I assume that is why ladyboys don't frequent gay Thai saunas.

a447
June 24th, 2022, 17:10
... than a gay man who actually enjoys doing it and gets turned on by it?

I seriously doubt any hot young gay guy would either "enjoy" having sex with me or in any way get "turned on" by me. Harsh perhaps but then I'm a realist.

As far as I'm concerned it is all about the money. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oliver2
June 24th, 2022, 20:37
Of course.
However, wouldn't you agree there are degrees of "not getting turned on"? after all, the act itself may well repel straight guys, even if the "buyer" is a cute, youngish Thai. And there are some of those on the scene.

aot871
June 24th, 2022, 22:21
What would u say is the average age of the boys working the bars ?

catawampuscat
June 25th, 2022, 12:05
I seriously doubt any hot young gay guy would either "enjoy" having sex with me or in any way get "turned on" by me. Harsh perhaps but then I'm a realist.

As far as I'm concerned it is all about the money. Nothing more, nothing less.

Many Older gay men will cling to their delusions until the end.. Reality denied is still reality!

Dodger
June 25th, 2022, 12:17
I seriously doubt any hot young gay guy would either "enjoy" having sex with me or in any way get "turned on" by me.

Don't cut yourself short.

There is no shortage of gays in Thailand (male or female) who actually prefer having sex with, and relationships with, older partners. Granted, this is certainly not the majority, and hooking up a guy with this preference is no easy task - but it's definitely possible.

You have a wonderful personality and an abundance of "good karma", and Thais are much more attuned to these elements of "substance" than young guys in the West IMO.

Nothing in life is free. And relationships, regardless of differences in age, gender, religion, or signs of the zodiac, are no different.

I have a good friend (in his mid 70's) who's been trying to find a boy to enter into a serious relationship with for years - but so far no luck. Every time I see him he's with a different boy and they're always "Dream Boys" who you can imagine seeing starring in a TV soap opera one day.

We sat having drinks one night and he asked me what I thought he was doing wrong. After thinking about it for a minute - I told him to try picking an ugly one. He thought that was hilarious and laughed hysterically. I just chuckled.

Oliver2
June 25th, 2022, 13:22
My experiences in various saunas in Thailand- Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai-.suggest that there are cases of young, cute Thais being attracted to us. Not many. In fact, very few. But some. It even happened to me twice in a London sauna.

francois
June 25th, 2022, 15:36
My experiences in various saunas in Thailand- Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai-.suggest that there are cases of young, cute Thais being attracted to us. Not many. In fact, very few. But some. It even happened to me twice in a London sauna.

Oliver, are you saying you met a young, cute Thai guy, twice, in a London sauna?

Oliver2
June 25th, 2022, 15:58
Yes.... in Chariots, Shoreditch. Two different ones. I was sixty or so at the time. However, my memory played me false; the first was from a border town in Malaysia. Ethnically similar to Thais. By the way, a lot more than "met"!

And then, I met a different Thai- youngish and decent-looking- in Babylon about the same time. His opening line was, "I've seen you at Chariots, haven't I?" I wasn't certain if I remembered him; we certainly had not "met".

But we did in Babylon.

I have to admit that, surprised as I was by these encounters, the chances of my reproducing them now must be.......slim. Or non-existent.

a447
June 25th, 2022, 18:11
My 2 regular guys in Thailand actually do enjoy our time in bed together. I've written about this before.

But I think it's simply because they enjoy the sex and would always have a good time, regardless who they are fucking.

Both guys are straight and regard the sex simply as a chance to get off. And being straight means there is no need for sexual attraction to get a hard-on; they get hard because it's their job. It doesn't really matter ff the client is attractive. That's irrelevant.

Young, hot gay guys - the type I prefer - are only interested in similar guys and I think they would find it very difficult to enjoy sex with a guy old enough to be his grandfather who didn't turn them on at all.

I also think that the situation described above would not necessarily pertain to those in a genuine relationship. In that case,sex is more than just a physical act.

Dodger
June 26th, 2022, 13:06
The guy in the first pic is 30 years old. The guy in the second pic is 70.

Which one do you think has a better chance of finding a young Thai boyfriend?

Oliver2
June 26th, 2022, 13:41
I need time to think about that.

What I don't need to spend time on is the following; many Thai guys keep their looks for years after we do. There's a couple of guys (retired from the scene in Pattaya where I'd met them in the early 2000s) that I still see regularly when I'm in Pattaya. One is thirty -eight, the other (I think) a year or so younger. In the UK , they'd pass for twenty years old. Amazing. And desirable.
And the post about my sauna experiences in the UK have just reminded me that I once had an enjoyable time with a guy from Singapore. It turned-out he was fifty; I'd assumed that he was in his twenties.

catawampuscat
August 19th, 2022, 23:34
Sun boy bar was halved for a while and now closed and moved across from Dragon Music Bar. The new location was where
the lady bar was for a week or two..

aot871
August 20th, 2022, 06:02
I thought home bar was run by Zac from scotland?

aussie
August 20th, 2022, 11:49
I thought home bar was run by Zac from scotland?

Zac does run @Home Bar. It is now possible to have a conversation in @Home Bar without the extremely loud music from Sun Bar..