PDA

View Full Version : Insurance..

Blueskytoday
May 23rd, 2022, 04:45
As of now, fully vaccinated arrivals still need Thai Pass, USD$10,000 Insurance.......The TH embassy website recommends ALLIANCE Insurance for the coverage..however,,they only cover up to age 75....I am 78yrs old...Anyone get insurance coverage with another reputable co. and are over 75?? (I am not traveling YET)....but would like to know....Hopefully as they say, the TH pass and the Insurance coverage MAY be cancelled/stopped in a couple of months...Tks for your kind response..

Marc K
May 23rd, 2022, 06:43
re over 75?? (I am not traveling YET)....but would like to know....Hopefully as they say, the TH pass and the Insurance coverage MAY be cancelled/stopped in a couple of months...Tks for your kind response..

Hi Blue,
Well I am in the same pickle as you, at age 76. My advice is to not focus on a "reliable" insurance company, but rather a "cheap" one who will cover us? Why do I say that? Well the chance that you are going to be able to collect on this insurance is just about zero -- there isn't one of these companies which will cover "pre-existing conditions" and those of us (at this tender age) are likely to have something which sounds like a "pre-existing condition" and gives them a ready-made excuse for denying your claim.

So get any old "fly by night" company policy, as long as it gets you in the door, and self-insure yourself against any major healthcare expense. Sadly, this is the reality. And yes I am also hoping this nonsense requirement will be lifted later in the year.

(To find lists of the fly-by-nighters, do the following google search: thailand tourist health insurance for seniors over 75.)
Good luck!

Blueskytoday
May 23rd, 2022, 07:46
Thanks much for your informative insite....and response..

francois
May 23rd, 2022, 11:16
https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/step_1

Daveuk
May 23rd, 2022, 13:02
Try Googling “Mister Prakan” This one seems a lot cheaper than 11,000 baht, No doubt both insurances are useless but enable obtaining the Thai Pass, as described by Mark K

Oliver2
May 23rd, 2022, 13:48
https://misterprakan.com/en/pass/thailand-pass (Recommended by Thaiger)

I applied on Saturday. Certificate due soon. No age limit...I'm seventy-five. About 5000bht.

I shall also have my UK insurance.

Moggy
May 23rd, 2022, 15:15
I used Staysure in the UK they included a certificate of covid cover at no extra cost and I was successful in my application with Thai Pass using it.

There are no age limits on Staysure's single trip travel insurance policies. Staysure Annual travel insurance Annual multi-trip travel insurance covers you for multiple trips in a policy year and you can get cover for a maximum of 183 days abroad, although each trip cannot exceed 50 days (reducing to 35 days if you are 71 or over).

Oliver2
May 23rd, 2022, 16:35
I appreciate the feelings many tourists have about buying the Thai Covid-specific insurance....something I chose to do even though I have a first class policy in the UK from Allianz.

However, I don't regard the Thai insurance as anything other than a tourist charge. And I'm willing to pay that to ensure easy entry to Thailand, even if it is inappropriate.

vnman
May 23rd, 2022, 17:42
I just bought insurance. t the end of the process they wanted me to state that I am between 1 and 85 years old. I m trying to upload screenshots but can't. I paid 650 for 30 days. I'll try to convert.

Oliver2
May 23rd, 2022, 17:44
Policy just received from Mister Prakan; a speedy service. Two days and one of them was Sunday when (I assume) the office was closed.

vnman
May 23rd, 2022, 17:52
I cannot upload pics

Screenshot:

https://prnt.sc/nNtD5vbnh00S

FWD insurance

Lotusleaf
May 23rd, 2022, 20:26
You could consider Cigna Thailand
They insure up to 80yo.

I had the unfortunate need to made a claim (non covid related) last December and it was satisfactorily handled by the hospital.

https://buy.cigna.co.th/travelinbound/direct?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=travel-inbound-ecom-bd&gclid=CjwKCAjw4:aggressive:

gerefan2
May 23rd, 2022, 23:19
https://asq.in.th/

Probably worthless but good for the fuc’*ing THAI Pass.

Daveuk
May 24th, 2022, 01:16
I have travel insurance from my bank for medical expenses, cancellation, theft etc. I did phone them asking about Thai Pass insurance, but they had never heard of it. I think I will contact them again although these figures are relatively trivial when set against the cost of one night in the bars with boys.

aot871
May 24th, 2022, 01:43
I have travel insurance from my bank for medical expenses, cancellation, theft etc. I did phone them asking about Thai Pass insurance, but they had never heard of it. I think I will contact them again although these figures are relatively trivial when set against the cost of one night in the bars with boys.
I'm over 70 and have my travel insurance with barclays , my bank , I spoke to them and the answer was they would send me a le tter stating what the policy deals with and the amount of cover .They have already done it for other people and it was accepted.

Oliver2
May 24th, 2022, 14:11

I was able to get a certificate from my UK insurers, stipulating that it must be brief enough to download.
But it was a damn nuisance, requiring a number of phone calls.

I do urge you to keep your UK insurance but for the purpose of the Thai Pass get the Thai Covid-specific one. Although I paid 500bht for mine, i could have found cheaper versions. Some only accommodate youngsters below seventy-five, however.

I felt it best to avoid anything that may hinder, slow down or invalidate the Thai Pass application. I note that my Thai policy has been submitted and accepted by the powers-that-be.

Daveuk
May 27th, 2022, 03:53
Oliver. How long did it take you to get your Thai Pass ?. I applied for mine about 5 hours ago but not received it yet. I uploaded the details of my bank travel insurance along with my vaccination records and have received an acknowledgement and code. I don’t want to book my flights until I’ve got it.

Brad the Impala
May 27th, 2022, 05:05
I do urge you to keep your UK insurance but for the purpose of the Thai Pass get the Thai Covid-specific one. Although I paid 500bht for mine, i could have found cheaper versions. Some only accommodate youngsters below seventy-five, however.

I think you meant 5,000 Baht as you stated earlier. Unless people are travelling in the next few days, it might be worthwhile postponing spending that money on a probably worthless Thai covid specific policy as there are reports in Bangkok of the Thai Pass requirement being cancelled from 1st June.

Oliver2
May 27th, 2022, 13:50
Yes, you're right. The policy cost 5000bht.

Can you provide a link for the BP article? I was looking for it yesterday without success. I would be delighted if I find out I've wasted my money.

Brad the Impala
May 27th, 2022, 14:17
https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2301714/thailand-pass-to-end-on-june-1

Oliver2
May 27th, 2022, 16:23
Thanks....it looks hopeful but June?

Blueskytoday
May 27th, 2022, 22:10
Just saw the announcement on TH TV news, today...they said the PASS will remain, but in a simpler form...nothing new here yet...One of the only countries in the world requiring this insurance coverage...Hopefully they will stop this and the pass and SOON...

gerefan2
May 28th, 2022, 00:03
They won’t bin that damn pass (and the insurance scam which is now the sole purpose of the pass) until they realise how many tourists it is deterring.

Daveuk
May 28th, 2022, 01:13
For anyone reasonably computer literate and has the documents required ie vaccination records and proof of insurance and also who is prepared to spend a hour or so finding the online form, filling it in, and uploading those two documents it’s not a big job to get the Thai Pass. But I think many potential tourists would be deterred - after all holidays are for relaxing not dealing with immigration formalities . Maybe it will be abolished soon. Summer is low season so this year it will be even,more so.

Moses
May 28th, 2022, 14:52
.One of the only countries in the world requiring this insurance coverage...

Here is list of countries with mandatory health insurance for entry

All 26 Schengen countries (for visa, min coverage $30,000)
+
Anguilla
Algeria
Argentina
Aruba
Bahamas
Belize
Bermuda
The British Virgin Islands
Cambodia
Chile
Croatia