PDA

View Full Version : Patong - Paradise Complex

JRT
May 21st, 2022, 06:39
Does anyone know if Paradise Complex has any activity in Phuket? As I remember, there were one or two gogo bars and several bars pre-pandemic. I’m debating between Pattaya and Phuket. Thank you.

gerefan2
May 21st, 2022, 13:23
No contest...Pattaya!

Oliver2
May 21st, 2022, 13:57
Nor was there a contest on my first visit in 1997. I'd just started visiting Pattaya (some would say obsessively....I even took early retirement to further my "interests") and thought that Patong would provide a similarly vibrant atmosphere; plus a clean beach and blue sea.

Vibrant? no, empty and shabby.

My last trip there three years ago revealed that nothing had changed.

Daveuk
May 23rd, 2022, 13:12
Agree completely - Bkk for hunks, Pattaya for Twinks.

Patanawet
May 23rd, 2022, 14:21
Does anyone know if Paradise Complex has any activity in Phuket? As I remember, there were one or two gogo bars and several bars pre-pandemic. I’m debating between Pattaya and Phuket. Thank you.
Yonks ago, when I frequented Paradise for frequent weekends from Bangkok, Paradise was dominated by two 'entrepreneurs' Khun Bon and Madman Tangmo.
They owned most of the bars etc. in the soi (Bon also owning guesthouses). Then many small host bars in the sub sois open early afternoon
I remember, affectionately, 'Flying Handbag' where you were greeted with "hello Flower" (easier than remembering names), but NOT the guest house rooms upstairs.
How has it all changed these days?

Oliver2
May 23rd, 2022, 16:42
I recall Tango from those days, where the Mamasan ruled with a rod of iron.......though it was alleged on the message boards that the rod was actually a cane! le vice anglais?

There was also Shark Boys. An unusual ,if appropriate, name for a bar.

Patanawet
May 23rd, 2022, 19:46
I recall Tango from those days, where the Mamasan ruled with a rod of iron.......though it was alleged on the message boards that the rod was actually a cane! le vice anglais?
Indeed it was (allegedly) the owner 'herself' Tangmo who (allegedly again) wielded the cane.