PDA

View Full Version : Monkey pox

aot871
May 21st, 2022, 05:18
When will the above hit thailand ? Most of the cases to hit the UK are in gay or bi guys .

francois
May 24th, 2022, 17:48
From latest I read, the monkey pox does seem to be sexually transmitted especially among gays.

pong
May 24th, 2022, 18:19
Latest in-side news here ´on the continent'is that the most likely source was ´Darklands´ a kind of reinstated (now that covid has been expired) fetish/leather etc darkroom gay/bi-fest in Antwerpen/BE a week or 2 ago. All reported cases here were ´men who have s with m´.
Should mostly cure itself nearly in 2-3 weeks of near complete isolation.
As with all these overhyped diseases it will probably shriek away all Thai who have faintly heard about it on non-too-precise media and who in general are quick to assume all bad things can only come from the farang.

latintopxxx
May 25th, 2022, 02:33
...horror of horrors...wait until it mutates/married up with covid and becomes as contagious as a cold...then it will be a pestilence and pox on all the nations...masses covered in blistering weeping boils...the walking dead...

gerefan2
May 25th, 2022, 04:58
Jesus... are we all going to die?

francois
May 25th, 2022, 11:53
Jesus... are we all going to die?

Perhaps yes, especially if you monkey around with the wrong person. Look what happened with AIDS which apparently originated with non human primates.

aot871
May 25th, 2022, 22:55
Perhaps yes, especially if you monkey around with the wrong person. Look what happened with AIDS which apparently originated with non human primates.

At least with this pox we already have a vaccine to use

latintopxxx
May 26th, 2022, 17:12
...im not leaving my bedroom until this is all over....

Patanawet
May 30th, 2022, 14:03
From latest I read, the monkey pox does seem to be sexually transmitted especially among gays.

Not sexually transmitted.
Skin to skin contact responsible OR if health news from the UK the other day is to believed -- kissing your hamster or guinea pigs (not euphemisms).

Patanawet
May 30th, 2022, 14:05
According to today's Bangkok Post,:
Suspected monkeypox cases in fact herpes
The Department of Disease Control (DDC) has confirmed that three suspected cases of monkeypox were in fact herpes.

francois
May 30th, 2022, 23:02
Not sexually transmitted.
Skin to skin contact responsible OR if health news from the UK the other day is to believed -- kissing your hamster or guinea pigs (not euphemisms).

Yes, I should have wrote "transmitted during sexual encounters; skin to skin contact.

Patanawet
May 31st, 2022, 01:32
And today, according to the Bangkok Post, the suspected cases here have turned out to be herpes.