PDA

View Full Version : Sansuk Sauna Pattaya

schamsmania
May 20th, 2022, 16:20
Any information when they will reopen their sauna and the hotel?
Their website "https://sansukthailand.com/"
still says temporarily closed.

schamsmania
May 25th, 2022, 00:26
Nobody knows something about famous Sansuk Sauna Pattaya?

dab69
May 25th, 2022, 10:02
Contact Information

Any queries please email us at

Daveuk
May 25th, 2022, 13:04
The Sansuck was part of the gay Pattaya infrastructure, a lot of which is still either closed or open but subject to difficult trading conditions. I used to be a regular there and stayed in the guest house a couple of times in and around year 2010, but it had dropped in popularity somewhat during 2017 to 2020. It will probably reopen if and when gay tourism really recovers.

latintopxxx
May 26th, 2022, 02:55
..................reopen if and when gay tourism really recovers...........oh why so negative....ofcourse the gays will come flocking back....look at europe...massive multi-day sex filled events in berlin and canary islands....ok...the monkey pox was unfortunate...but there u go...scientific irrefuteable proof that gays just wanna party

bkkguy
May 26th, 2022, 20:08
oh why so negative....ofcourse the gays will come flocking back

on the monkey pox thread you said you were not even leaving your room, let alone "flocking back", till the pox is over - are you not gay?

latintopxxx
May 27th, 2022, 02:21
...that was on a different post...im feeling better now...thanks for caring

catawampuscat
May 31st, 2022, 13:07
The sauna was quite popular when younger Russian guys (20-40 y.o) were in Pattaya in large numbers before currency problems.
The Russians had little interest in the young Asian guys and were very into other young Russians. Over the hill farangs were invisible!

Daveuk
May 31st, 2022, 14:03
Yes the peak of the Russian invasion was about 5 years ago when it seemed that they composed perhaps 25% of visitors to Pattaya and the Sansuck attracted quite a few, although as catawampuscat says they only stayed within their own groups, not like aged gay farangs like me who lusted after any young Asians boys who were there.
I remember a conversation in my hotel I had with a str guy who had tried a few times to engage attractive (for him) Russian girls - he never had any success. There were also many family groups enjoying an exotic holiday. They must miss that opportunity now.
I’m in Pattaya in 3 weeks and will visit the Sansuck which I’m sure will be closed, to reminisce about times gone by.

Moses
May 31st, 2022, 17:38
They must miss that opportunity now.

Вecause of virus all direct flights btw Russia and Thailand were canceled in 2020. In coming August there will be meeting APEC for to plan flight schedule on upcoming high season - it will launch flights again: Thai, Garuda, Singapore already started talks with Russian Aeroflot, S7 and few more Russian companies about high season. In January 2022 Russians were biggest group - 17,7% of all inbound tourists to Thailand. And Russian ruble became almost 20% stronger since January.

Now is high season for Turkey - there was 290 flights per week from Russia to Turkey in May, schedule for June has 540 flights weekly, July-August over 750 flights per week.

Daveuk
May 31st, 2022, 18:27
Moses - that surprises me - I was assuming that nearly all Russian tourist flights would now have ceased due to the Ukraine war. But you obviously know what you are talking about.

Moses
May 31st, 2022, 18:51
Moses - that surprises me - I was assuming that nearly all Russian tourist flights would now have ceased due to the Ukraine war. But you obviously know what you are talking about.

There is EU-Russia mutual sanctions exchange - no direct flights to EU. There are also cancelation of aircraft certification in EU register, but Russia has own register and certification, so at past 3 months all Russian aircrafts were deregistered in EU and registered in Russian register. Also there was troubles with leased aircrafts, but it was overstepped via creating formally Turkish air company what isn't under sanctions.

This volume of tourists is typical for Russian summer vacation time - before virus, in 2019, over 7 mln Russian tourists had visits to Turkey, in peak time there were over 800 flight per week in July-September vacation time, the most hot week was last week of August, when parents with kids flew back to Russia before school season, that starts here at September 1 - at that week there were almost 900 flights.

In this season all hotels in Turkey started to accept Russian MIR payment system's cards, many banks and shops in Istanbul, Antalya and Izmir accepts direct payment in cash in rubles. Till high season in SEA region Russia still has time to connect MIR to payments systems in Thailand and Indonesia - second and third most popular countries for winter vacations among Russians after Egypt, because right now Russians have option to pay only by Chinese owned UnionPay system's cards, or by foreign Mastercard/VISA issued in "friendly" countries or by cash.

aot871
June 1st, 2022, 01:17
Although I don't blame the average Russian in the street for what is going on , the trouble is that there is no free press, tv or radio In, Russia and they just belive what they read see or hear.

Moses
June 1st, 2022, 03:23
Although I don't blame the average Russian in the street for what is going on , the trouble is that there is no free press, tv or radio In, Russia and they just belive what they read see or hear.

yes-yes, and internet is switched off :dirol_mini:... who need "press, tv or radio" when internet is everywhere and in most public places like transport, metro, cafe or shops is free?

but topic is about Sansuk... so, these who likes Russian boys should wait till November, and they will came

Andy
June 2nd, 2022, 03:19
The Russians had little interest in the young Asian guys and were very into other young Russians.

Absolutely not necessary ;-) I personally have always been a rice queen even before I discovered Thailand, because in Moscow you could find a lot of cute Asian twinks from former Soviet republics, such as Kazakhstan (google Dimash for example). And in Sansuk, I met my very first Thai boyfriend.

a447
June 2nd, 2022, 14:30
I've never been to Sansuk because I've always had plenty of guys to have fun with in my room rather than in the dark. Besides, there's too much unsafe sex in the saunas these days.

Mind you, if there was a chance of meeting Dimash there (hardly likely ☹️) I'd be in Sansuk in a heartbeat! (Look for him on youtube).

Moses
June 2nd, 2022, 17:05
because in Moscow you could find a lot of cute Asian twinks from former Soviet republics, such as Kazakhstan (google Dimash for example).

Kazakhstan guys quite often have hairy legs :(

I prefer here Chinese/Vietnamese students :)

maump
June 2nd, 2022, 19:56
Kazakhstan guys quite often have hairy legs :(

I prefer here Chinese/Vietnamese students :)

as long as they shave around their ass, I'm good. :))

latintopxxx
June 3rd, 2022, 14:17
...shave???thats so last century...either leave it alone...or wax it baby...waxing leaves itchy stubble

schamsmania
June 6th, 2022, 17:35
Coming back to the topic, their website announces still "temporary closed". Is anybody in touch with Punja, or has more information about reopening?

Wolzek
June 6th, 2022, 22:59
Coming back to the topic, their website announces still "temporary closed". Is anybody in touch with Punja, or has more information about reopening?

I can just confirm that it is closed. Had a walk by a few days ago. There is a "Temporary closed" sign on the door. No information if/when to reopen.

Huncsabi
June 30th, 2022, 17:47
Hi guys! Any neews about reopening of Sansuk sauna and gesthaus? Thanks for the answers.

Lotusleaf
June 30th, 2022, 23:27
Still no update on their facebook page.

gerefan2
July 1st, 2022, 00:43
The bars are now all open. New bars have opened in Jomtien.
The Gogo bars have reopened.
The Thai Pass is revoked next month.
All quarantine finished.

As mentioned above nothing on the website, except a promise to reopen last November which obviously never happened.

I fear the worst

Oliver2
July 1st, 2022, 14:22
It would be a loss. That area is being developed with up-market apartments. It's a bit like Babylon in that the site must be unusually valuable.

I feel sorry for Punya if it does close; he put a lot into the venture and created something special.

Andy
July 1st, 2022, 16:25
He made a huge area on the second floor right in front of the sun terrace with several empty rooms that were never used for anything. I guess it was a lot of money. I never understood why he did it. I think I saw Punya in one of those Beach Road Pride videos, he looks upset.

Oliver2
July 1st, 2022, 16:54
The down-turn began before Covid. The improvements (including an excellent-I'm told- fitness room and the massage rooms) were underused just as BT was dying.

My worry was that the pricing for entry was such that younger Thais couldn't afford it. Falangs will go to a venue where the cute guys are, not to ones where they can only engage with other falangs. When it opened , Sansuk allowed free or reduced entry to the under twenty-fives. And the falangs followed!

However, the swimming pool and the restaurant certainly remained a draw for me.

Huncsabi
July 1st, 2022, 18:31
It would be a loss. That area is being developed with up-market apartments. It's a bit like Babylon in that the site must be unusually valuable.

I feel sorry for Punya if it does close; he put a lot into the venture and created something special.

Me and my boyfriend stayed many times in Punya's gesthaus between 2017.-20.and were very happy there. Wanna to return to Pattaya in this Winter but without the Sansuk not the same... Maybe who stay now in Pat can to have more information, please.

Dboy
July 6th, 2022, 02:59
Hate to say it, but the first iteration of Sansuk was the best, imo. The more he added to it, the worse it got. At the very beginning, the pool area was beautiful and peaceful, the clientele was awesome, young college boys from Bangkok even came to visit on the weekends..it was paradise. I guess this was 2008-ish? not sure. The huge hotel building never made any sense to me; I'm SURE Punya never had 100% occupancy even once. The old steam room area, dark room, and...other areas, were tons of fun (some later removed or just aged to disuse). i never understood why he made the decisions he made. Who knows. At any rate, I have no idea if/when Sansuk will reopen, but I will be back in town in a few weeks and will certainly go over there to investigate.

To digress a bit about the college boys from Bangkok. Apparently there's a Thai dancing academy in Bangkok somewhere that offers college degrees. Some boys from that school (sure wish now I knew what school it is) used to come to Sansuk on the weekends. They were as beautiful as you could imagine they would be, graceful, and funny. Very entertaining at the pool.

schamsmania
July 12th, 2022, 20:26
There ist hope in the air! Today there is on their facebook site a new post that says,
that they are doing now some maintenance work and will be open again soon.
Good news!!

catawampuscat
July 15th, 2022, 00:17
There ist hope in the air! Today there is on their facebook site a new post that says,
Good news!!

Good news indeed!
When and if the younger Russians return, will be important to their success.
Serene beer bar in Boyztown was where the younger Russians hung out in large numbers. The Russians were only interested
in other younger Russians ( 25 y.o. to 40 y.o.) .
The same dynamic was at Sansuk. Almost no interest in Thai boys and older farangs were invisible to the Russians..

Jellybean
July 15th, 2022, 21:49
A copy of post #31 and several other posts unrelated to the topic have been moved within Sawatdee Gay Thailand forum and given the new title, Russians in Thailand.

To contribute to the new topic, please click on the following link:
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?22872-Russians-in-Thailand

Wolzek
July 21st, 2022, 10:45
Good news!!

What facebookpage would that be? The 'Sansuk sauna Pattaya' hasn't been updated since March.

schamsmania
August 3rd, 2022, 04:16
What facebookpage would that be? The 'Sansuk sauna Pattaya' hasn't been updated since March.
This one:

https://www.facebook.com/sansuk.pattaya.5

Huncsabi
August 12th, 2022, 14:37
This one:

https://www.facebook.com/sansuk.pattaya.5

Latest (and good) news from the Sansuk FB: will open from 15. September!

schamsmania
August 12th, 2022, 17:53
You were faster than me. Yes I read it today, finally reopen on 15.09.2022.
Pls. to everybody nearby: Do support Sansuk and have a visit.

Oliver2
August 12th, 2022, 21:02
Good news. I'm delighted for Punya.

gerefan2
August 12th, 2022, 23:25
Let’s hope they stick to their promise this time!

Daveuk
August 14th, 2022, 10:27
As a gay visitor to Pattaya I have good memories of the Sansuck sauna dating back 15 years. I do hope it gets support which would encourage visits by younger Asian guys to make the business a success.

Oliver2
August 14th, 2022, 13:50
My suggestion to effect this is to do what was done when Sansuk first opened; charge a nominal entrance fee for under twenty-fives. In fact, it was 0 bht at that time though I realise this may be unrealistic now.

poshglasgow
August 15th, 2022, 02:50
My suggestion to effect this is to do what was done when Sansuk first opened; charge a nominal entrance fee for under twenty-fives. In fact, it was 0 bht at that time though I realise this may be unrealistic now.

A great idea though. Free pass for the under 25s and the Farang will arrive in droves.

latintopxxx
August 15th, 2022, 14:20
free pass...should pay those fresh faced lubed up buibbled butted ones to show up...

bkkguy
August 15th, 2022, 19:50
A great idea though. Free pass for the under 25s and the Farang will arrive in droves.

better get them to check that those under 25 cuties are not sticky rice otherwise those falung might arrive but certainly will not cum in droves!

latintopxxx
August 16th, 2022, 03:27
doesnt matter, anythingn under 25bshould get free admission and a complimentary beverage or something...stuff the place full of gorgeous nimble numbers....will attract the high rollers...bit like a super market has a loss leader to attract customers..

Huncsabi
August 29th, 2022, 16:48
Sansuk Sauna will be open from 15. September, gesthaus from 15. October, sourse the FB of Sansuk: https://www.facebook.com/pattayagaysauna/

gerefan2
August 29th, 2022, 16:58
Interesting to read the various comments on that Facebook page....

Uranus
September 16th, 2022, 01:16
I heard from a local friend that the sauna now is open and busy.

latintopxxx
September 16th, 2022, 03:23
...go on anus boy...nobody is here to judge u...."local friend"....yeah right

Oliver2
September 16th, 2022, 14:07
I note with amusement some of the Facebook comments re "double-pricing". Evidently from people who have never been there. Those of us who have know full well that the 200bht entrance deters most Thais from visiting- and not just mbs- particularly in these difficult times.

Who wants a gay sauna in Thailand that exists for the same clientele that uses saunas in the UK?

bkkmfj2648
September 19th, 2022, 17:20
Went to the Sansuk Sauna today in Pattaya around 5pm - I can confirm that it is open.
73 baht Bolt taxi ride from Dongtan beach.
200 baht fee to enter - includes locker, 2 towels, and condom. Bring your own sandals or flip-flops if you don't want to be barefoot.
There were about 15 customers, of which 6 of us were falang and the rest were Thai.
All of the Thai guys were in good shape - fit swimmer bodies. Perhaps only 2 were older Thais --> above 35 years old. The remainder were all younger.
I met Pun, the long time manager (perhaps owner ?). He said after almost 3 long years of being closed he is truly happy to be open since the 15th of September.
Staff wise, there are plenty, around 8 guys and some were good eye candy. A couple of sexy Thais were working out in the gym.
I ate in the bar/restaurant. There is a good menu with Thai and Western food. There is also a wide selection of alcoholic beverages.
One masseur was on duty during my visit.
Let us support Sansuk and Pun.
Enjoy,
M.

bkkmfj2648
September 19th, 2022, 21:08
I received some replies to my previous post that I wish to share. Since I was still at Sansuk Sauna when I read them, I was able to chase down Pun in real time to get the answers. Here they are:

For this Grand Reopening period (September) the entry fees are as follows:

Thais pay 150 baht to enter

Non-Thais pay 200 baht to enter

During October the prices will change as the Grand Reopening will be over. The proposed entry fees will be:

Thais will continue to pay 150 baht.

Non-Thais will pay 220 baht to enter.

Pun wanted to increase the Thai price to 170 but I implored him to NOT increase the Thai price.

We then had a LONG conversation about Pun's worry that the non-Thais who live here in Jomtien/Pattaya will complain about having to pay more when they live here.

I told him look Pun, the falangs are complaining that the Thais don't come to the sauna. I suggested that he remind those falangs who will complain that it is intentionally priced this way so that the falangs will have an opportunity to chase, meet, and play with Thai guys thanks to this pricing scheme.

When I left at 8pm it was more busy than when I entered at 5pm. The approximate ratio of Thai to non-Thai was 25% falang and 75% Thai (Asian).

Lastly, I decided to walk home and it took 25 minutes to my View Talay complex that is in front of Dongtan beach.

Again, let us support Pun and his wonderful team after being closed for almost 3 years due to covid restrictions.

Enjoy,

M.

p.s. The hotel part of Sanuk is scheduled to open in October. Sorry, no price information as I forgot to ask. Since I live here now I can ask the next time that I visit.

catawampuscat
September 19th, 2022, 22:39
I briefly spoke with a lad who works at Sansuk. He said they had over 100 customers today. No idea as to ratio or anything else..

gerefan2
September 20th, 2022, 04:04
I briefly spoke with a lad who works at Sansuk. He said they had over 100 customers today. No idea as to ratio or anything else..

Wow, that’s probably more than before the closure!

By the way bkkmfj2648, the owners correct name is Punya.