PDA

View Full Version : Any information on saunas in Bangkok?

Peterbkk
May 19th, 2022, 20:24
Hi I'm visiting Bangkok again and wondering what saunas are open now and how active they are? Any information welcome, thank you!

Blueskytoday
May 19th, 2022, 21:55
AND how many are wearing masks in the sauna....assume some are, then take them off .... curious

christianpfc
May 26th, 2022, 22:24
There is fluctuation, for 2 places closing, a new one opens.

39 underground was busy, but most of the customers wore masks which was a turn-off for me.
Farose 2 some wore masks, but the main issue was low number of customers during my visit.
Krubb Bangkok some wore masks, but the show/orgy was the best I have been to since the start of Covid, can compete with pre-Covid shows/orgies, and that compensated.

Overview of of currently open gay saunas in Bangkok soon in my blog.

infoarmor
June 8th, 2022, 12:42
There is fluctuation, for 2 places closing, a new one opens.

39 underground was busy, but most of the customers wore masks which was a turn-off for me.
Farose 2 some wore masks, but the main issue was low number of customers during my visit.
Krubb Bangkok some wore masks, but the show/orgy was the best I have been to since the start of Covid, can compete with pre-Covid shows/orgies, and that compensated.

Overview of of currently open gay saunas in Bangkok soon in my blog.

Looks like Krubb is pretty new sauna.
Christian, what day are their orgies as their website is a bit confusing? In some reviews it says on Tuesday and Wednesday and in some others on Friday?

Are they better (sexier models and bigger crowds) than the o-parties the R3 sauna used to hold? Btw, do you know if that sauna still throws them?

christianpfc
June 9th, 2022, 00:13
When I went to Krubb, they told me they have show/orgy on Fri and Sat 8 pm.
Sauna Mania has no shows/orgies any more (info when I asked a few months ago).
I haven't been to R3 for a long time (>3 years) and don't know.

My favorite was the show/orgy in Sauna Mania. Favorite as in: I would instantly take one or two of their performers for 1000 each to my room. The atmosphere during the show/orgy (too dark, too wet, so many others around, excessive use of lubricant even for wanking) is not my style, but I could feast my eyes and hands on some spectacular bodies. Show/orgy in Krubb fewer models and fewer customers.

infoarmor
June 10th, 2022, 13:40
When I went to Krubb, they told me they have show/orgy on Fri and Sat 8 pm.
Sauna Mania has no shows/orgies any more (info when I asked a few months ago).
I haven't been to R3 for a long time (>3 years) and don't know.

Thanks for your reply, Christian. Did the show/orgy followed the same script as in R3, meaning some kind of show with the performers/models on stage and then moving to another place when you can actually can fuck them?

Show/orgy in Krubb fewer models and fewer customers.

As long as China is not sending tourists I think most of the gay venues in BKK as they constituted a big part of the clientele in places like DJ station and the saunas around Rama IX.

christianpfc
June 10th, 2022, 16:51
There was no stage, only a mattress or low bed if I remember correctly. The performers were marked with glowsticks around their wrist and started activities, then everyone could join in. All in the same room, except for couples who retreated to cabins.

infoarmor
August 3rd, 2022, 05:47
Can anyone provide his report of any visit to a gay sauna in BKK in the last two months?
Has the crowd getting bigger? are people still masked up even now that's not required?

Christian, have you gone to any Krubb's orgy party lately?

tom00xxx
August 3rd, 2022, 14:11
Chakran Sauna is quite busy again during weekends. Hardly any masks.

Oliver2
August 4th, 2022, 16:07
Is it still "sticky-rice"?

tom00xxx
August 4th, 2022, 16:18
Some of them yes, but I've had plenty of encounters there already.

christianpfc
August 5th, 2022, 21:32
I don't have any more recent information than in my blog:
https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2022/05/bangkok-gay-saunas-2022.html

nlwrestleboy
September 1st, 2022, 17:53
I see on the website of Krubb sauna, that there is an adult playground including boxing ring.
Any one knows what kind of activity happens there ?
It is possible to have a boxing of wrestling match overthere ?

a447
September 2nd, 2022, 16:03
It's very common to be beaten around the ring in a gay sauna.

mr giggles
September 5th, 2022, 10:54
I see on the website of Krubb sauna, that there is an adult playground including boxing ring.
Any one knows what kind of activity happens there ?
?

Mainly monkeypox exchange... :boredom:

Dutchy
November 10th, 2022, 00:56
I don't have any more recent information than in my blog:
https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2022/05/bangkok-gay-saunas-2022.html

Thanks for your comprehensive review! I will be traveling to Bangkok soon. Been there twice before, back in the Babylon days. Sad to read that beautiful place is permanently closed now! :eek: The question is, what is currently the best sauna in Bangkok? Took a quick look on sauna websites and reviews. Looking forward to comments & suggestions from others.

My two cents for some of the saunas you listed (ranked by Google review score):

1. Krubb, located in Sukhumvit, gets 4.4 (40 reviews). Rather new. Less crowded on some days, yet praised for its cleanliness. Website looks good. https://www.gaysaunabangkok.com

2. Heaven, located in Silom, pretty hidden, gets 4.2 (69 reviews). Mixed reviews, often quoted to be old and run down. Local crowd. Rather basic website, no photos. http://heavensauna.com/map.html

3. Chakran, located in Phayathai (near Dusit area), gets 4.0 (190 reviews). Seems to be clean and well frequented by locals, with mixed reviews on service. Basic website. http://www.chakransauna.net

4. Sauna Mania, located in Silom area, gets 3.9 (102 reviews). Often described as being 'dirty' and 'run down'. No own website, bad sign.

5. Macho Sauna, located in XXX, located in Bang Phlat area, gets 3.6 (32 reviews). Few recent reviews, not sure whether legit. No own website, bad sign.

6. Ratchada Soi 3 (R3) Sauna, located in Din Daeng area, gets 3.5 (75 reviews). Very few reviews recently. Website looks good, yet seems they have 'models' you can rent, so not my cup of tea.

7. Farose Sauna, located in Wang Thonglang, gets 3.4 (56 reviews). Very few reviews recently, often quoted as being dirty. No professional website, only Facebook.

Other (not reviewed):
- Paradise Sauna in Lak Si, far from Silom area, last reviewed 2 years ago.
- Phoenix Sauna - Far from Silom area and only 1 review for this year

pong
November 18th, 2022, 06:34
Watdee.
That there is no www says really nothing here. Plus that in many cases (I mainly use those m2m msg shops) a former www -payable, so avoidable/unliked by Thai- is replaced by the various new forms of free IT; tweet, insta, and that LINE that is so immense populair here.
Some of these you list have discriminatory pricing for older people (yes, they do ask for ID-which you have to have on you as such anywhere here and is for Thai quite common to asked for) and some also for farang (I think V-club / chakran). But even then the higher price is low compared to current EUR prices. Some (Mania) is also mostly known as ´only for sticky rice´, but I really have no idea how strict that is or just a casual impression.
R3 was raided by police some time ago and closed for a while- drugs found.
Faroth (thats how they say it) has 2 outlets-both incredibly dirty and unkempt-think even of broken glass lying around-one in Sapan Kwai and one along RamKamHaeng (TH biggest uni). Report: quite a few guests did not even bother to undress there.
All in all-and I am quite a bit older as he- I do agree with Chris that sauna´s here in BKK are hardly worth the effort to go there-as a very broad general rule. Which I found was quite different in the provinces (Ch.Mai-H.Yai). Remarkably around/near most of the sauna are also these m2m male for male msg shops that can deliver garanteed service if so wished-or if not found in the sauna. Yes, Thai can be quite keen businessminded.
What will take over the function of now sadly closed Babylon remains to be seen-no clear winner yet noted. But inevitably some of those bright bisnismen must notice this current hole.

infoarmor
November 19th, 2022, 06:09
Thanks for your comprehensive review! I will be traveling to Bangkok soon. Been there twice before, back in the Babylon days. Sad to read that beautiful place is permanently closed now! :eek: The question is, what is currently the best sauna in Bangkok? Took a quick look on sauna websites and reviews. Looking forward to comments & suggestions from others.

My two cents for some of the saunas you listed (ranked by Google review score):

1. Krubb, located in Sukhumvit, gets 4.4 (40 reviews). Rather new. Less crowded on some days, yet praised for its cleanliness. Website looks good. https://www.gaysaunabangkok.com

2. Heaven, located in Silom, pretty hidden, gets 4.2 (69 reviews). Mixed reviews, often quoted to be old and run down. Local crowd. Rather basic website, no photos. http://heavensauna.com/map.html

3. Chakran, located in Phayathai (near Dusit area), gets 4.0 (190 reviews). Seems to be clean and well frequented by locals, with mixed reviews on service. Basic website. http://www.chakransauna.net

4. Sauna Mania, located in Silom area, gets 3.9 (102 reviews). Often described as being 'dirty' and 'run down'. No own website, bad sign.

5. Macho Sauna, located in XXX, located in Bang Phlat area, gets 3.6 (32 reviews). Few recent reviews, not sure whether legit. No own website, bad sign.

6. Ratchada Soi 3 (R3) Sauna, located in Din Daeng area, gets 3.5 (75 reviews). Very few reviews recently. Website looks good, yet seems they have 'models' you can rent, so not my cup of tea.

7. Farose Sauna, located in Wang Thonglang, gets 3.4 (56 reviews). Very few reviews recently, often quoted as being dirty. No professional website, only Facebook.

Other (not reviewed):
- Paradise Sauna in Lak Si, far from Silom area, last reviewed 2 years ago.
- Phoenix Sauna - Far from Silom area and only 1 review for this year

I like R3 best among the one listed in here, especially during their O-party. I think it's twice a month on Friday. They hire performers who first give like a sex show for like 30 minutes and then people go the upper floor and you can actually off the performers. They can't refuse anyone. There are actually lines getting formed to off some of the guys. It's mostly an asian crowd. It used to be very popular with Chinese.

Krubb is relatively new. ver clean and nice facilities. Loved the idea of the bunk beds (supposedly that's where guys who want to socialize or really want to have sex can stay). It reminded e of some of the saunas I've been to in. Japan. here also the crowd was mostly sticky rice. Lots of Koreans, Japanese and Taiwanese.

Mania is right on Silom. actually when I was in august this time I stayed at an hotel called Artino that is only 50 m from Mania. It's pretty small and not that clean. I never found it to be much Asian on asian though. I've always had 2-3 guys every time I went there. A Russian friend of mine likes it and goes there every time he is in Bangkok. He also is pretty succesfull in Mania.

There is one thing though that i would like to add. Most of the guys in Bangkok are still wearing asks, both outside and indoors and that imo takes so much from enjoying the sauna. I went to Krubb this August and 95% of the guys had a mask on, even when they were in the outdoor rooftop jacuzzi. even in normal conditions, it's sometimes difficult to really see and evaluate the face of a person in a sauna because of the poor lighting but with a mask on it's practically impossible.
i picked up a guy who I though would be around early 20s judging by his body and hair style. when we went inside the cabin and he took off his mask he was at least 10 years older than that and his face was not really appealing to e. Had to find a lame excuse to get out of the cabin
So even though I enjoy going to saunas a lot, especially in Thailand and Taiwan, I think I'll give it a rest for the moment as masks are still too prevalent for me to really get any pleasure from it. I know though that for some people is really not a big deal.

latintopxxx
November 19th, 2022, 11:52
what is the going rate for the r3 performers??

christianpfc
November 19th, 2022, 18:19
No idea what the sauna pays them, of if they go off with customers. I guess they would demand at least 2000.

R3, Mania, BKP and BaanJV all the same owner/management and similar shows and pricing (discrimination by age and nationality).

latintopxxx
November 20th, 2022, 00:54
oh ok, if infoarmar is correct lines of guys queue up to take a turn on the "performers", dont imagine you'd pay 2000 for sloppy 2nds...or in this case 22nds...rather kinky though...

pong
November 21st, 2022, 14:43
Oh dear latin-maybe some other remunerative scouting task for you is possible in these sauna_as I got this story from a Khmer guy who gave me excellent and very personal treatment in a normal m2m msg shop: he was recruited indeed in a sauna (Farose to be precise-in RKHaeng-where he then lived) where he went every now and then for some private release in his first low paid job here in BKK. By the owner/manager of that shop. He was completely unaware of such places, a bit reluctant as the pay may be higher but is also variable and unpredictable, told me he tried it out for 1 day, agreed to stay on, got a learning training from that manager (which he does quite well), got his di-plo-ma (yes, also a Thai word) and stayed for some 2 yrs. Was often booked out so I could not meet him as often as I would have liked. As a well educated son a lot of the earnings went for a medical treatment of his mother over there.
When I later spoke with that manager more he indeed admitted that a large part of his time on the day was spent at recruiting and then training staff who would qualify for that shop.

On that subject of these special shows: most often there is then a higher entry fee, or extra for that room, which covers it. Or that is what I understand. After all its not Silom with 4wind prices. There may perhaps also be select admittance-minimizing your chances, I am afraid.
Search for by now very old POh-DVD like guysgocrazy.com (german) and this format can there also be seen.