PDA

View Full Version : Hanoi hotels and visitors?

CambodiaVisitor
April 30th, 2022, 00:43
I posted a question about hookups in Hanoi, but I forgot to ask if Hanoi hotels are welcoming of visitors. I had no problem inviting guys to my room in Saigon in 2020, but I have not been to Hanoi yet. I am going next month.

Any advice on hotels allowing visitors in Hanoi?

infoarmor
April 30th, 2022, 03:33
As said in the previous post, I would choose an Airbnb, but all the hotels I have stayed in Hanoi, had let me have guys over.
I have never been charged extra for guests, but some places might do that.

One thing to keep in mind and this happens also in Saigon, though not sure if you have encountered it, is that in the smaller locally-owned hotels, the reception closes after a certain hours and usually the receptionist sleeps right by his desk. So, if you have to bring a guy over at night, you would have to wake the receptionist up. it can get a bit awkward and unpleasant for all, especially if the guy you bring over is not spending the night in your room. He would then have to wake up the receptionist again when he needs to leave your hotel.

In conclusion, if you want to stay in an hotel, I would go with a big-chain one, like Marriot, Hilton, etc. Yes, a bit more expensive, but it offers more flexibility.
Have a great trip and enjoy what Hanoi has to offer.:))

CambodiaVisitor
April 30th, 2022, 04:27
As said in the previous post, I would choose an Airbnb, but all the hotels I have stayed in Hanoi, had let me have guys over.
I have never been charged extra for guests, but some places might do that.

One thing to keep in mind and this happens also in Saigon, though not sure if you have encountered it, is that in the smaller locally-owned hotels, the reception closes after a certain hours and usually the receptionist sleeps right by his desk. So, if you have to bring a guy over at night, you would have to wake the receptionist up. it can get a bit awkward and unpleasant for all, especially if the guy you bring over is not spending the night in your room. He would then have to wake up the receptionist again when he needs to leave your hotel.

In conclusion, if you want to stay in an hotel, I would go with a big-chain one, like Marriot, Hilton, etc. Yes, a bit more expensive, but it offers more flexibility.
Have a great trip and enjoy what Hanoi has to offer.:))

thank you so much

infoarmor
April 30th, 2022, 06:51
thank you so much

You're welcome.
I have the same concerns for my trip to the Philippines.

Btw, not sure if this is the right place, but what's the guest policy in Cambodia's hotels?
I haven't been there in more than a decade and was thinking of going there this October.

CambodiaVisitor
April 30th, 2022, 08:31
You're welcome.
I have the same concerns for my trip to the Philippines.

Btw, not sure if this is the right place, but what's the guest policy in Cambodia's hotels?
I haven't been there in more than a decade and was thinking of going there this October.

I only went to Siem Reap and stayed at the gay resort called Men's Resort. It was a fun place. it turns into a gay bathhouse in the evening, and locals are allowed inside for $5. The Men's Resort allows visitors as long as they check in at the front desk. I heard from friends that the rest of cambodia is the same way with as far as allowing guests inside without any problem as long as they check in their ID at the front desk. I had lots of fun in Hong Kong and Taiwan and Bangkok as well. No problem there with visitors. I love Asia so much.

infoarmor
April 30th, 2022, 13:29
Sounds like a lot of fun. I have to SR before, but what you described might is worth a new visit. lol

I would recommend to write a small report after your trip to Vietnam with info about your hotel. It might be helpful to other travelers. I'm honestly surprised that even websites specialized in gay travels don't mention how strict the guest policy can be in Vietnam. It was a bit of a shock for mew the first time in there.

You mentioned Taiwan and HK. I guess those have been previous travels cause as far as I know those two places are still closed to tourists.

CambodiaVisitor
April 30th, 2022, 22:40
Sounds like a lot of fun. I have to SR before, but what you described might is worth a new visit. lol

I would recommend to write a small report after your trip to Vietnam with info about your hotel. It might be helpful to other travelers. I'm honestly surprised that even websites specialized in gay travels don't mention how strict the guest policy can be in Vietnam. It was a bit of a shock for mew the first time in there.

You mentioned Taiwan and HK. I guess those have been previous travels cause as far as I know those two places are still closed to tourists.

Yes i was in taiwan and HK and saigon before covid. as well as bangkok. i had no trouble bringing guests to my room in saigon. the hotel checked them in by taking their ID upon arrival. but if i met a person on the sidewalk and walked in with him there was no issue.

a447
April 30th, 2022, 23:18
My hotel in Saigon had a policy of nobody in your room after 9pm.

I didn't bother asking my hotel in Hanoi.

I'm sure anyone on the game would know of a nearby short -term hotel.

christianpfc
May 1st, 2022, 15:41
I have taken guests to low- to mid-class hotels in all towns/countries mentioned, and never had a problem.