PDA

View Full Version : Is Pattaya worth the visit?

hammeredmsi
April 26th, 2022, 01:35
Hello,
First time post so hoping for some replies. Pre-COVID i'd visited Pattaya many times. I'm a frequent visitor of Boyztown and Sunee Plaza. FYI i like the pretty boy gogobars.
With Thailand easing travel rules next month I'm thinking of going again. But would it be worth it? Has anyone been to the gay venues there recently? I know I can't expect the place to be full of the kinda pretty boys I like nowadays but is there hope for the place? Or do I need to find a new holiday destination to satisfy my desires?!
Please help.
hammeredmsi@protonmail.com

gerefan2
April 26th, 2022, 02:24
If you haven’t been for a few years you will notice some big changes.

The majority of Gogo bars are closed although I did read one or two had reopened.

Boyztown had only 5 bars open when I was there last month. I believe one or two more may have reopened. No restaurants.

Sunee is very quiet. Probably worth one visit.

Jomtien is where it is all happening nowadays, even though they are not allowed gogo bars.
When I walked through the complex last month I counted no less than 25 bars and there are also numerous restaurants, hotels and Bed/Breakfast places plus lots of massage joints.

To all intents and purposes gay life has moved there from BT and Sunee.

Yes , Pattaya is worth a visit but be prepared for the changes.

latintopxxx
April 26th, 2022, 09:17
I wonder how long it will take before a proper gogo opens ...one with naked guys, big tool shows, and trapez coitus

francois
April 26th, 2022, 12:39
Hello,
I know I can't expect the place to be full of the kinda pretty boys I like nowadays but is there hope for the place? Or do I need to find a new holiday destination to satisfy my desires?!
Please help.

Last night at Adonis Bar in Jomtien Complex there were at least 10 shirtless lads gathered together. I assume they were looking for customers.

pong
April 26th, 2022, 20:50
On the ´other forum´ (do I need to elaborate?) are 2 or 3 fairly recent reports from visitors to JT-beach+ some other places too. The gossip mill has it that sometimes-with well paying customers-a place may do some private ´show in real life´ behind closed curtains-or upstairs, or in the cellar-or god knows where to hide from BiBs.
For latin: I also read there that there will be NO new licenses for gogo and that if a place turns to non-go, it will loose its previous licence. Too bad for you! Have not seen a saucy report since even long before this ´epidemic wave´ but I never give up hope that one day-not too ;long advance, you will keep us very much entertained about your new explorations in+with black holes & other assorted tools.

Oliver2
April 26th, 2022, 21:03
Please clafrify....no go go in Jomtien? that was already the case- there never has been.

But no go go anywhere, ever? Pattaya and Bangkok? that's news to me. And if so, does that mean the end of Soi 6, Nana and Soi Cowboy?

gerefan2
April 27th, 2022, 00:59
Only the other day Catwumpasat told us that A Bomb was due to reopen the next day and that BBB was doing indoor shows.

Was that true? Did it happen?

Dodger
April 27th, 2022, 08:30
[QUOTE=pong;290132]

I also read there that there will be NO new licenses for gogo and that if a place turns to non-go, it will loose its previous licence. /QUOTE]

Pong, could you please tell us where you read this?

francois
April 27th, 2022, 09:16
Only the other day Catwumpasat told us that A Bomb was due to reopen the next day and that BBB was doing indoor shows.

Was that true? Did it happen?

BBB does have indoor shows but not go-go.

Mancs
April 28th, 2022, 02:27
Jomtien far busier than it was 3 years ago. X Boys in Boyztown to reopen May 1st. Some hotels still cheap.

Dodger
April 28th, 2022, 08:59
Does anyone know if Ambiance Hotel in Boyztown has reopened yet?

I miss their breakfasts.

francois
April 28th, 2022, 09:28
Ambiance Hotel is not yet open.

poshglasgow
April 28th, 2022, 19:45
Does anyone know if the Venue Hotel in JC will be open by Christmas and if they intend to re-stage their evening shows?

gerefan2
April 28th, 2022, 20:28
I stayed at the Venus Hotel last December...been open ever since as far as I know. Shows are also on.
See here for the latest happenings in Supertown! There is an entry for The Venue Show.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3562156593876764

dab69
April 28th, 2022, 22:42
Hoping for The Copa or LCR to open soon...

francois
April 28th, 2022, 23:10
Ambiance Hotel is not yet open.

I was wrong, Ambience is now open, at least for rooms, but no idea if the restaurant is open.

poshglasgow
April 29th, 2022, 03:44
Thank you Gerefan2.

Terrific photo of Ness on Facebook !!

Jellybean
April 29th, 2022, 04:30
Thank you Gerefan2.

Terrific photo of Ness on Facebook !!

I thought so too, poshglasgow.

Mancs
April 29th, 2022, 04:47
Does anyone know if the Venue Hotel in JC will be open by Christmas and if they intend to re-stage their evening shows?

I saw the Venue's show a few weeks ago. Well worth seeing.

Dodger
April 29th, 2022, 08:17
I was wrong, Ambience is now open, at least for rooms, but no idea if the restaurant is open.

Thanks francois.

I'll contact Ambiance later today to see if the restaurant is open or not - and provide an update.

Dodger
April 29th, 2022, 10:03

I just gave them a call.

The hotel is operating again as you mentioned, although the restaurant hasn't reopened yet.

Dodger
April 29th, 2022, 10:15
I know I can't expect the place to be full of the kinda pretty boys I like nowadays but is there hope for the place?

Yes, there's always hope as things pick up and more tourists starting flowing in, but right now "Pretty Boys" are few and far between on the working scene. Most of the boys on staff at the bars right now appear to be a mix of gay and str8 "boy-next-door types"...with a few retired construction workers tossed in the mix. Not my cup of tea at all.

I'm a dedicated Pretty Boy Lover and always have my radar on. A few can be found working at the massage parlors in the Soi Day/Night area and Jomtien Complex. If that fails, there's always the dating apps.

Good luck...be patient...the more tourists the more Pretty Boys...only a matter of time.

Good luck!

colmx
April 29th, 2022, 15:16
Hoping for The Copa or LCR to open soon...

I'm pretty sure Copa hotel has been open since Christmas

colmx
April 29th, 2022, 15:17
Dream boys pattaya is open and working as a Gogo bar. Boys shirtless but in jeans. Drinks a very reasonable 150b

francois
April 29th, 2022, 16:03
Hello, I know I can't expect the place to be full of the kinda pretty boys I like nowadays but is there hope for the place? Or do I need to find a new holiday destination to satisfy my desires?!
Please help.
hammeredmsi@protonmail.com

There is one pretty boy working at Adonis bar in Jomtien Complex.

siscu58
April 30th, 2022, 06:23
Ness is a pretty boy indeed. Does anyone know if Ness is available to have fun with customers?

Dodger
April 30th, 2022, 08:23
Ness is a pretty boy indeed. Does anyone know if Ness is available to have fun with customers?

Without even knowing Ness, I would wager that the answer to your question is "Highly Probable".

snotface
April 30th, 2022, 11:03
Without even knowing Ness, I would wager that the answer to your question is "Highly Probable".

Ha ha, that Facebook photo says it all, doesn't it. Actually he's a regular on Hornet. I think his preference is for Thais or farangs of a more bear-like appearance. I'm excluded on both counts and have never had any response from him (though he has smiled when I've tipped him at the Venue - he's a good dancer).

Dodger
April 30th, 2022, 11:46
......I think his preference is for Thais or farangs of a more bear-like appearance.

He won't have any problem finding a suitable partner in Pattaya, that's for sure...LOL.

Daveuk
April 30th, 2022, 13:21
I just gave them a call.

The hotel is operating again as you mentioned, although the restaurant hasn't reopened yet.

I have good memories of the Ambience. However many times I stayed I always sometimes got lost in the maze of stairs and corridors. I remember a couple of boys telephoning me when they could not locate my room after passing reception - I had to go and find them.

a447
April 30th, 2022, 15:00
I always sometimes got lost in the maze of stairs and corridors.

It was a veritable fire trap.

latintopxxx
April 30th, 2022, 15:05
stayed in boyztown once...horrible..tragic looking in the daytime...terribly noisey at night...much rather stay anywhere but boyztown area

Jellybean
May 1st, 2022, 01:08
If attending the birthday party of someone like Ness and watching him dancing with his pals wasn’t for you, then perhaps taking part in or watching a quiz tickles your fancy. If so, then the Venue at Jomtien Complex is also the place for you.

Source: The Venue Cabaret and Residence facebook page

I wonder if the Venue also organise traditional bingo nights, or even ‘Boy Bingo’ nights as they once did at the now closed Happy Place Bar in Boyz Town.

Talking of Happy Place Bar, if you are interested in a trip down memory lane, see the Reminder Boy Bingo Jan 22 Happy Place Bar topic (https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?11766-Reminder-Boy-Bingo-Jan-22-Happy-Place-Bar) from January 2011.

gerefan2
May 1st, 2022, 01:32
Haha, I won a free off there once...with the guy on the left!

Daveuk
May 1st, 2022, 13:06
Boy Bingo ?. Now that’s a long time ago. I can’t remember much about it and I’m sure I never won. Mind you off fees were only 200 baht.
My memories good and bad of the Ambiance with its maze of stairs and corridors are vivid. Bad for the noisy racket from a karioki bar at 2 am - a passion killer whilst in bed with a boy. Good for being in the centre of things and meeting other gay tourists.

gerefan2
May 1st, 2022, 13:12
Boy Bingo ?. Now that’s a long time ago. I can’t remember much about it and I’m sure I never won. Mind you off fees were only 200 baht.

Haha yes, Boy Bingo.
Wasn’t just the 200 baht off fee. My win also included the boys tip!

a447
May 1st, 2022, 15:00
Neal was always open to new ideas.

Rather than a big cock show, I suggested he hold a Biggest Cock in Pattaya show. Which he did. He offered me the task of measuring the contestants but silly old me, I was too embarrassed. To this day I regret that decision. Lol

He also used the boy's number to indicate who was hung and who wasn't. The higher the number the bigger the cock. Brilliant!

He ran a slick operation at Happy Place; I have some wonderful memories of nights there.

Unfortunately, when he wasn't there the boys ran wild, hanging out together in front of the bar and drinking themselves into oblivion. That probably helped lead to the bar's demise.

colmx
May 4th, 2022, 05:48
X-Boys Pattaya is also back open now operating as a Gogo bar with boys shirtless and in jeans

Daveuk
May 4th, 2022, 13:09
Tight low slung jeans with an inviting bulge are turn on for me, but Gogo boys in briefs are more inviting when they are sitting with me in the bar.

latintopxxx
May 6th, 2022, 10:50
prefer them in boxer shorts...much easier access..

catawampuscat
May 6th, 2022, 10:52
Free bingo has restarted in Jomtien Complex at @Home bar beer. It was very popular pre-Covid.

Dodger
May 6th, 2022, 12:19
Free bingo has restarted in Jomtien Complex at @Home bar beer. It was very popular pre-Covid.

I told myself when I retired that if I ever got in the mood the play bingo I'd kill myself.

poshglasgow
May 19th, 2022, 04:21
Number 11, legs eleven. Number 22, two little fucks (ducks). Number 88, two fat ladyboys. Number 21, key to my room at the Venue. Number 69, eh....don't talk with your mouth full!

poshglasgow
May 19th, 2022, 04:36
Ness, in 2017, was much favoured and sponsored by a very pleasant Aussie guy who had an apartment in Jomtien and sadly died from cancer a couple of years ago. He was a sugar daddy for Ness, who at that time, I believe was attending college paid for in part by said sponsor. According to the Aussie, Ness was living with a more dominant guy of bear-like proportions in Jomtien. Way back then he was, I am sure, not going with Farang other than the Aussie fellow. He is, nevertheless, a very sweet guy. I tried to entice him on two occasions but he was concerned about betraying existing in-place allegiances! I'm going to have another go when I visit Venue in December.

Daveuk
May 19th, 2022, 12:49

I loved the Cambodian boys from the Home bar where they were friendly and full of fun. I offed several over the years and was never disappointed about their performance in bed.

siscu58
May 30th, 2022, 00:45
Have a glimpse of South Pattaya today in the afternoon. It is a little dissapointing to see all these shops, restaurants and bars still closed. Let's hope this will change in the near future!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jUdoeWzfBY

vnman
May 30th, 2022, 03:42
Have a glimpse of South Pattaya today in the afternoon. It is a little dissapointing to see all these shops, restaurants and bars still closed. Let's hope this will change in the near future!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jUdoeWzfBY

I found this link on another board:

https://www.facebook.com/winnerboybarpattaya/?ref=page_internal

If you are into twinks :-)

colmx
June 2nd, 2022, 06:10
Toyboys back open tonight, hopefully some enterprising person will take over the lease on the former Cupidol premises next

colmx
June 2nd, 2022, 06:25
Alcazar cabaret show is also open tonight

And i saw pics earlier from a pretty busy Winner boys. The boys were back in underwear

gerefan2
June 2nd, 2022, 06:57
Toyboys back open tonight, hopefully some enterprising person will take over the lease on the former Cupidol premises next

Wow. Best news I have heard for a long time.
Is Put still running it?

Daveuk
June 2nd, 2022, 14:22
Things are looking up ! Toyboys used to have some hot boys, but the drinks prices were rather a rip-off. Cupidol varied over the years and was known for twinks. I’m due in Pats in a couple of weeks and will check out Boystown. I understand that Winner in Sunee is now open as a Gogo . The gay scene is waking up.

Jellybean
June 9th, 2022, 17:07
For those lucky enough to be in Thailand, The Venue Cabaret & Residence in Jomtien have announced two forthcoming events with accompanying photos on their facebook page. The first one is on June 11th, 2022 and the second one is on June 17th, 2022. According to their facebook page, reservations are being taken now for both events.

The facebook photos are copied below for all to enjoy.

Mason45
June 10th, 2022, 08:17
Hi there, I'll be in Pattaya shortly are all the former gay massage places back to pre covid days. I know that Royal House and Scandic massages are open. Are there any others worth a mention. Cheers.

gerefan2
June 10th, 2022, 20:14
Numerous massage places in Jomtien Complex

Jellybean
June 24th, 2022, 01:42
I’m guessing that many members currently in Pattaya will already be aware that this coming Saturday, 25 June 2022, the Swing Pattaya Community Pride 2022 parade starts at 3:00 p.m. But for the benefit all our members and readers, full details are copied below from The Venue Cabaret and Residence facebook page:

The Venue Cabaret and Residence

Welcome to join "Swing Pattaya Community Pride 2022" on Saturday, 25 June 2022
- Parade starts at 3:00 p.m. from Krathing Thong Temple, Jomtien Beach Road to Jomtien Complex Plaza
- Party starts at 6:00 - 10:00 p.m. Main stage in front of The Venue.
(Free live music, Cabaret Show on main stage)
- Free Foods, Snack, Drinks booth exhibition (Register for free
coupon in the event)
- The Venue Cabaret Show starts at 10:15 p.m.
#CommunityPride2022
#PrideMonth2022
#TheVenueCabaretShow
#TheVenuePride #thevenueresidence

Jellybean
June 25th, 2022, 17:17
According to the latest information on The Venue Cabaret and Residence facebook page, preparations for the SWING Community Pride Party 2022 are now almost finished. And they say that the Venue show starts a little later tonight at 10:15pm, but is still a full length show. It sounds and looks like it will be a good night out.

Photos from their facebook page are copied below -

Andy
June 26th, 2022, 15:06
I hope someone will post a video on Youtube.

Jellybean
June 26th, 2022, 17:31
I hope someone will post a video on Youtube.

Andy, I couldn’t see anything on YouTube covering the party at Jomtien, but there are several videos showing the International Pride Festival Parade on Pattaya Beach Road, two of which I have copied below.

https://youtu.be/YZTx9Pv0EIA

https://youtu.be/js5Vrd4WMoE

A still photo from last night's party at Jomtien taken from The Venue Cabaret and Residence facebook page is posted below and there is a short 2 minute video on their facebook page, which can be found by clicking on the following link:
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=the%20venue%20cabaret%20%26%20residence

gerefan2
June 26th, 2022, 20:38
And good to see the masks are disappearing!

Jellybean
June 28th, 2022, 00:00
A friend in Pattaya posted some great photographs of Saturday’s Pride Parade on his facebook page, and has given me permission to post a selection of them here on Sawatdee.

He also asked me to include a link to his facebook page, where many more photos of the parade and other scenes from Thailand can be viewed.

facebook link for Christian Köppel: https://www.facebook.com/christiankoeppel

daisywillsonu
July 21st, 2022, 19:42
Hey, It's a good time to visit and worth it. But according to COVID guidelines you need to take care. That's really important

You can read daily updates of VISAs on this platform:
https://www.globalcitizensolutions.com/golden-visas-explained/

Oliver2
July 22nd, 2022, 09:48
Nearly all Thais and the majority of falangs that we see are wearing masks and taking care. We're having a great time. No regrets about coming.

painai2
July 22nd, 2022, 09:56
Farangs wearing masks in Pattaya?
You sure got that wrong.

catawampuscat
August 8th, 2022, 13:37
Wearing masks getting less and less common in Pattaya. I’ve noticed on the baht buses, it now common NOT to wear masks,
especially among farangs, Indians Arabs and Asians. I can’t differentiate among Asians, who is Thai or Japanese, Korean etc.
These observations are nighttime and alcohol could be a factor..

Oliver2
August 8th, 2022, 14:10
Not so last week, at least on the Jomtien-Royal Garden- Big C part of the route which we used every day usually twice..
I do accept that falangs and other tourists were often without masks but it was rare to see even a single Thai without one on buses , crowded or otherwise. The malls were much the same.
The JC, with its falangs and working guys however, was virtually mask-free.