PDA

View Full Version : Joe552 has passed on

RonanTheBarbarian
April 24th, 2022, 01:47
I am sad to that report that Joe Kelly (Joe552), who was a prolific poster on these boards at one time, has passed on.

I don't know much about the exact circumstances but I suspect that his COPD, which he posted about on the last thread he created here, had a lot to do with it.

RIP Joe, you started many an entertaining thread here in your time.

Jellybean
April 24th, 2022, 03:45
Oh, I am really saddened to read of the death of joe552 (Joe Kelly). Joe joined the forum back in July 2008, was a prolific poster, and as RonanTheBarbarian said, Joe created many entertaining threads and was, I believe, a highly respected member of the forum. I have lots of fond memories of the many PMs I exchanged with Joe and have missed his contributions to our discussions.

Joe announced to the Board his COPD diagnosis on August 23rd, 2019 when he created the, I’m devastated topic and wrote:

I've just been diagnosed with COPD, a chronic lung condition which seriously affects my breathing. I'll be going into hospital in a couple of hours, for a few days. I've reluctantly decided to cancel my holiday in Pattaya. I simply do not feel comfortable travelling alone right now. It remains to be seen if my travel insurance will cover my flight costs. I'm really disappointed.

Link to the I'm devastated topic (https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?21035-I-m-devastated)

RIP Joe. :(

Dodger
April 24th, 2022, 09:31
I'm always saddened by the passing of one of our friends, and will especially miss Joe.

As several members have already stated, he was a prolific poster...always had something interesting to share...and rarely if ever got involved in trivial bitch-fighting. A truly nice guy who will be missed by many.

RIP Joe.

StevieWonders
April 24th, 2022, 12:32
I'm always saddened by the passing of one of our friends, and will especially miss Joe.

As several members have already stated, he was a prolific poster...always had something interesting to share...and rarely if ever got involved in trivial bitch-fighting. A truly nice guy who will be missed by many.

RIP Joe.

As I recall he self-published a book on Amazon that was full of howlers such as a bar boy enrolled at Chula University and arriving at the non-existent Sisaket Airport, which apparently he meant by Ubon Airport

dab69
April 24th, 2022, 18:05
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/image.php?u=144&dateline=1463032977

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/member.php?144-joe552

RIP joe

cdnmatt
April 24th, 2022, 18:20
I never know what to say in these situations. I really enjoyed his warm hearted humor, and his ability to enjoy the ride called life instead of taking things so seriously.

RIP Joe.

francois
April 24th, 2022, 19:08
I did not realize who Joe was until I saw his avatar posted by dab69. Sad to see a member pass on. Reposez en paix, Joe.

newalaan2
April 24th, 2022, 23:18
Very saddened to learn of Joe's passing, and thanks to RonanTheBarbaria for letting us know. He was an extremely nice person and although our paths never managed to cross at the same time while in Thailand, he was very kind and thoughtful in messages asking for further information or commenting on any trip reports I posted.

Joe was one of the members with whom I enjoyed exchanging messages and was disappointed never to have met him in person, which hoped might have happened at some stage if any of our Thailand visits to Mosaik had coincided. R.I.P. Joe.

Nirish guy
April 25th, 2022, 05:39
Sad news indeed, Joe was always good craic. A stark reminder to us all to enjoy every day that's left to us while we can. RIP Joe.

aussie
April 25th, 2022, 08:48
I did meet Joe a few years back when he visited Thailand. He was a gentleman and his posts were some of the most engaging on the forum. R.I.P Joe

a447
April 25th, 2022, 11:54
During his last stint on the board he created something like 70 new topics, leading to unprecedented activity here.

As many members are no doubt aware, he suffered from numerous ailments but pushed on regardless.

R.I.P.

scottish-guy
May 11th, 2022, 01:28
Sorry to hear about Joe - he was one of the good guys

:drink:

poshglasgow
May 20th, 2022, 22:00
Sorry to hear about Joe - he was one of the good guys

:drink:

Good to see you back posting on the site S-G