PDA

View Full Version : Unreported World Ch 5 (UK)

poshglasgow
April 1st, 2022, 20:26
This evening's topic in Unreported World on Channel 4 at 19:30 hrs (in the UK) is entitled: Thailand's Cryptocurrency Boom.
"Jonathan Miller reports on Thailand's cryptocurrency boom, which has seen farmers and traders go crazy for digital currencies, leading to both riches and ruin..."

Although I trade the Euro-dollar, I cannot get my head around cryptocurrencies and "block chains". My brain refuses to allow me access to the world of cryptos - probably just as well! I know what I'm doing when trading the Euro-dollar, but I think I'll stay clear of the cryptos for the time being and certainly until my brain is reset to accommodate the theory behind the practice. Should be an interesting programme.

cdnmatt
April 2nd, 2022, 00:03
If you have any questions about crypto, just ask.

Keith
April 2nd, 2022, 14:40
I thought that I read that Thailand was banning cryptocurrency transactions?

bkkguy
April 2nd, 2022, 19:28
I thought that I read that Thailand was banning cryptocurrency transactions?

only as a means of payment for goods and services, effective April 1, but you can still buy and sell cryptocurrencies

Govt bars use of cryptocurrencies as method of payment, Bangkok Post 23 Mar 2022 (https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2283918/govt-bars-use-of-cryptocurrencies-as-method-of-payment)