View Full Version : Jomtien Complex A.K.A. Supertown A.K.A. God’s Waiting Room

Manforallseasons
March 23rd, 2022, 22:08
It must have been over a year since I walked through the Complex but I went tonight and saw some new places and some boys who I hadn’t seen in years as they used to work in Sunee and a couple that once worked in Nice Boys. It was about 9PM not a customer under 60 and not once did I see a boy that was a stunner however, I can understand that all these geriatrics are there to socialize and good for them that they have such a place.

francois
March 24th, 2022, 13:39
MFAS have you tried Double Shot Bar? Reported to have many straight
Boys waiting for the right Man.

Manforallseasons
March 24th, 2022, 14:40
MFAS have you tried Double Shot Bar? Reported to have many straight
Boys waiting for the right Man.

I am of an understanding that those boys are not offable?

latintopxxx
March 24th, 2022, 15:40
lol...

lonelywombat
March 25th, 2022, 12:36
MOAS suggests that at 9 00 few boys around to go off.
Time has rolled on but when I used to visit regular, the afternoon trade from off the beach used to be active then the after dinner trade, with a gap until the older men your age arrived usually after 10.
A number of parties seek to evolve and if you were in the know , invites were open. Not my scene but it would not surprise to see bar boys arrive at 10 for work if nothing happens

gerefan2
March 25th, 2022, 14:26
I am of an understanding that those boys are not offable?

Welcome back to Jomtien. I guess you have removed it from your NoGo list.

I did you a favour last night. Whilst in Double Shot I asked about “offs”. The Head Waiter, who is a friend, told me all boys are offable. 500 Baht.

He also told me that they are all straight so you would have to negotiate your “requirements” directly with them.

You see, mere tourists do have their uses now and then!

Manforallseasons
March 25th, 2022, 14:43

I did you a favour last night. Whilst in Double Shot I asked about “offs”. The Head Waiter, who is a friend, told me all boys are offable. 500 Baht.

He also told me that they are all straight so you would have to negotiate your “requirements” directly with them.

Thanks!

StevieWonders
March 25th, 2022, 15:15
You see, mere tourists do have their uses now and then!Are you pimping now?

Newbie99
March 27th, 2022, 19:43
What is the best venue in JC for offing boys?

I have always seen bars where boys sit with their customers, but not so many lately where boys are available for offing, as opposed to waiting for their regular customer.

Manforallseasons
March 27th, 2022, 20:10
What is the best venue in JC for offing boys?

I have always seen bars where boys sit with their customers, but not so many lately where boys are available for offing, as opposed to waiting for their regular customer.

On my recent visit to the complex as I have noted before the geriatric clientele is more interested in socializing with each other than offing boys.

dab69
March 27th, 2022, 20:32
On my recent visit to the complex as I have noted before the geriatric clientele is more interested in socializing with each other than offing boys.

Glad you were socializing for once...

Manforallseasons
April 1st, 2022, 23:06

Sounds great too bad it has closed!

francois
April 2nd, 2022, 09:04
A friend advised me that the Supertown Sign in Jomtien Complex is now gone. I have not noticed this on my last visit, can anyone confirm?

Marsilius
April 2nd, 2022, 12:21
If the sign has disappeared, maybe - given this thread's original premise - it is being amended to read SuperannuatedTown?

Newbie99
April 2nd, 2022, 16:29
A friend advised me that the Supertown Sign in Jomtien Complex is now gone. I have not noticed this on my last visit, can anyone confirm?

It's still there, but moved to the side.

gerefan2
April 2nd, 2022, 21:14
Sounds great too bad it has closed!

Good to see you are now keeping up with all the goings on in Jomtien!
Shame you missed all the fun in Doubleshot while it lasted.

Manforallseasons
April 2nd, 2022, 22:10

I believe it is next to the Zimmer frames.

Dodger
April 3rd, 2022, 07:12
Shame you missed all the fun in Doubleshot while it lasted.

Pure speculation on my part - but from what I understand the rents in JC are double what they are in Sunee...and with less than half the customers due to covid I was wondering how long they would hold out.

Double Shot - or Double Whammy?

With the tourist numbers being hit-or-miss right now, the single stall bars (half the rent) with regular local clientele seem to have a better chance of surviving.

Having said that, regardless of the size of the bar, it has to be loaded with HOT BOYS or it won't survive. That seems to be the greatest challenge right now.

For any bar owners reading this: Hire yourself one of those irritating screechy-voiced ladyboy mamasans to do the recruiting and quit making pretend you know what you're doing. That's the ONLY way it will work.

Manforallseasons
April 3rd, 2022, 09:46
Dodger I disagree as the geriatric customers are there far less for the boys as they are there to socialize among themselves, the complex also has gone overboard with show bars.

francois
April 3rd, 2022, 11:27

I was there last night and did not see the Supertown sign. Not sure which side it may be on?
Better it be gone!

Newbie99
April 3rd, 2022, 22:07
I was there last night and did not see the Supertown sign. Not sure which side it may be on?
Better it be gone!

It is visible from Thappraya Road, leaning against something.

Manforallseasons
April 4th, 2022, 02:22
It is visible from Thappraya Road, leaning against something.

Who cares where the fucking sign is!

Dodger
April 4th, 2022, 10:10

LOL...

francois
April 6th, 2022, 19:15
The sign is again hanging high but to one side.

Patanawet
April 7th, 2022, 19:57

A tad touchy today?

Oliver2
April 7th, 2022, 20:55
I care, even if I never use those bars . This is because P and I will be at Agate in July (we hope) and would prefer the area to be vibrant and full of gay men of all nationalities. Any indication that the Complex is going the way of Boyztown is a downer, and the possibility, however remote, that the removal of the sign presages the arrival of another ghost town is a matter of concern. Two is enough.
It was , after all, the decline of Boyztown that encouraged our move to Jomtien in the first place.

gerefan2
April 7th, 2022, 23:10
Any indication that the Complex is going the way of Boyztown is a downer,.

As a mere tourist, like yourself, our views are tertiary.

However, I can tell you that during my 3 month visit, which ended last week, the place was buzzing. There are now in excess of 25 bars and even Manforoldseasons has taken it off his NoGo list. That is certainly progress.

I cannot see there being any reduction in July other than the usual low season slow down. If that actually happens nowadays.

I also hope to be there in July.

Dodger
April 8th, 2022, 08:51
Sign or no sign, JC has done a fabulous job in its recovery - with the majority of bars/restaurants open and a modest but regular flow of customers.

Hopefully Boyztown and Sunee will follow.

snotface
April 8th, 2022, 10:26
The Complex gay scene is still expanding. There is an ever-increasing number of gay businesses in the Dick's Cafe soi and the soi leading off it - bars, massage places, coffee places, food places. Often these are in the form of roadside kiosks - got to admire the entrepreneurial spirit. It's almost as brightly lit and busy there now at night as in the main gay soi.

Oliver2
April 8th, 2022, 13:46
Thanks everyone; I am reassured. But other posters, I'm sure, will recognise the anxiety I feel regarding what should be my first visit in over two years.

Dodger
April 8th, 2022, 18:08
Thanks everyone; I am reassured. But other posters, I'm sure, will recognise the anxiety I feel regarding what should be my first visit in over two years.

Don't worry, all that pent up anxiety will vanish immediately the first time you put your arms around HIM.

Oliver2
April 9th, 2022, 16:37
A nice thought!

Mancs
April 10th, 2022, 09:21
Last night the bars in Jomtien Complex were closing down in the run up to 23.00. Previous nights some were packing up before 23.30 while others were still going strong.

Blacktouch
April 19th, 2022, 01:05
Is Double Shot bar still open?

francois
April 19th, 2022, 07:04
Is Double Shot bar still open?
Still closed.

aussie
April 19th, 2022, 08:12
Quote "Originally Posted by Blacktouch -
Is Double Shot bar still open?"

The owner of Double Shot Bar returned to Belgium and his return date is uncertain. Some of his staff have been working at the bars across the soi from Double Shot, but not seeing them shirtless most nights in Double Shot has been disappointing during Songkran.

London68
April 23rd, 2022, 18:06
It must have been over a year since I walked through the Complex but I went tonight and saw some new places and some boys who I hadn’t seen in years as they used to work in Sunee and a couple that once worked in Nice Boys. It was about 9PM not a customer under 60 and not once did I see a boy that was a stunner however, I can understand that all these geriatrics are there to socialize and good for them that they have such a place.

I have seen many geriatics in Sunee over the years,long before Jomtien complex.Without them some of these places would not survive.

Oliver2
April 23rd, 2022, 21:05
Even in the Good Old Days, gay Pattaya was a haven for the over fifties, with a few -very few- youngsters staying in the new Year period.

I met one of them in the lift at Ambiance and asked him how he liked Pattaya. Not at all, was the response, he wanted clubs with young Thais, not bars and mbs. I suspect that the straight sex scene is much the same.

gerefan2
April 24th, 2022, 01:27
Quote "Originally Posted by Blacktouch -
Is Double Shot bar still open?"

The owner of Double Shot Bar returned to Belgium and his return date is uncertain. Some of his staff have been working at the bars across the soi from Double Shot, but not seeing them shirtless most nights in Double Shot has been disappointing during Songkran.

I believe he is returning in June. That is also when some of the staff will return from Isaan.

francois
April 24th, 2022, 11:25
I have seen many geriatics in Sunee over the years,long before Jomtien complex.Without them some of these places would not survive.

The term "geriatric" is basically an offensive term when applied to older persons. As well as many other terms such as elderly, geezer, old timer, etc. There seems to be few words with a positive slant in English that I am aware to refer to older persons although "venerable" has a positive connotation. Fortunately the Thais/Asians don't seem to have negative feelings toward older people and treat them with the respect they deserve.

Andaman!
April 24th, 2022, 13:25
The term "geriatric" is basically an offensive term when applied to older persons. As well as many other terms such as elderly, geezer, old timer, etc. There seems to be few words with a positive slant in English that I am aware to refer to older persons although "venerable" has a positive connotation. Fortunately the Thais/Asians don't seem to have negative feelings toward older people and treat them with the respect they deserve.
Have you become unduly sensitive in your old age? There is nothing offensive about the terms geriatric, elderly, geezer or old-timer. Indeed geezer can have positive connotations such “grand old geezer or decent geezer” and old timers are often thought to have experience and be able to reminisce about the past etc. Geriatric medicine is a huge branch of medicine looking after the needs of the elderly - what is offensive about that?

Dodger
April 24th, 2022, 14:18

I hate it when a boy calls me "Pappa". Fucks up the whole fantasy!

Keith
April 24th, 2022, 15:36
Have you become unduly sensitive in your old age? There is nothing offensive about the terms geriatric, elderly, geezer or old-timer. Indeed geezer can have positive connotations such “grand old geezer or decent geezer” and old timers are often thought to have experience and be able to reminisce about the past etc. Geriatric medicine is a huge branch of medicine looking after the needs of the elderly - what is offensive about that?

I disagree with respect to the term geriatric. It may be a respected branch of medicine, but the term is often used in a derogatory way, such as 'god he's geriatric', etc, clearly intended to be offensive.

a447
April 24th, 2022, 17:50
The word is not offensive. Hospitals have Geriatric wards. They are not going out of their way to insult their patients.

I disagree with respect to the term geriatric. It may be a respected branch of medicine, but the term is often used in a derogatory way,........ clearly intended to be offensive.

Well, just about any word can be offensive - it all depends on how it is said. "Gay" is a good example of this.

francois
April 24th, 2022, 19:27

Here is an article (one of many on the internet) which lists offensive terms for seniors.

https://www.medicareadvantage.com/news/offensive-senior-terms-and-stereotypes-report

aot871
April 24th, 2022, 21:34
What started the downfall of boys town to my mind was the awful loud music played, and cost of drinks in most of the bars

a447
April 24th, 2022, 23:37
Here is an article (one of many on the internet) which lists offensive terms for seniors.

I don't look to the internet to determine which words are offensive and which are not. Apart from the obvious ones (e.g. the "n" word), I can decide for myself.

As for Jomtien Complex being filled with old people, surely the same goes for all the gay venues in Pattaya. The girlie bars attract guys both young and old.

francois
April 25th, 2022, 14:36
I don't look to the internet to determine which words are offensive and which are not. Apart from the obvious ones (e.g. the "n" word), I can decide for myself.

With time, language does change, thus essential to keep up with those changes by whatever means necessary whether the internet or otherwise. Once words like imbecile, idiot, feeble-minded, faggot, fairy,pansy, etc were commonly accepted but no longer. I admit, some of the newer terms/words are confusing especially for an old,decrepit,feeble geezer as myself, but I do my best.

francois
April 25th, 2022, 15:14
Here is another article regarding terms of ageism with some suggested ideas.

https://www.joincake.com/blog/alternative-names-for-senior-citizens/

gerefan2
April 26th, 2022, 00:06
What started the downfall of boys town to my mind was the awful loud music played, and cost of drinks in most of the bars
I would add to that the desire of some bars and Gogo’s to make as much money as possible from the straight Chinese visitors at the expense of the gay community.

latintopxxx
April 26th, 2022, 09:15
...and wharts wrong with making money...u do realise that a high percentahe of the gogos probably arent even gay, tghey r in it just for the money...its all a bit of a freak show for the straight chinese tourists and as long as they are happy to subsidise my bars all the better...means they stay open and we all can enjoy

christianpfc
May 1st, 2022, 15:53

From Merriam Webster: geriatric, a branch of medicine that deals with the problems and diseases of old age...

Not everyone old is geriatric:
I have a friend who was born in 1936, and five years ago we walked for an hour through field and forest in
Thailand, after which he proclaimed being tired. Body and mind in better shape than some people I know who are a generation younger than he. Old, but not geriatric.
Another friend was born in 1943, now uses crutches outside his room. We were on the way to a restaurant 500 m away, but due to fatigue we cut the trip short to a restaurant only 200 m away. Old and geriatric.

From Merriam Webster: venerable, calling forth respect through age, character, and attainments.
You can be venerable without being old, and you can be old without being venerable.

I can't find anything offensive with "elderly".

latintopxxx
May 2nd, 2022, 02:36
...snow flakes...

snotface
May 2nd, 2022, 10:05
Who cares about political correctness. I've always thought an apt description of most farangs in Pattaya (as coined I think by dear old plain-speaking Hedda many years ago) is 'old farts with lusty parts'. Perfect.

francois
May 2nd, 2022, 11:33
I can't find anything offensive with "elderly".

Wait until your 65+ and see what you think then. :devilsh:

Dodger
May 2nd, 2022, 11:36
...... (as coined I think by dear old plain-speaking Hedda......

Now there's a name that hasn't popped up in a long time.

Rekindles fond memories of: Peale of the Orient ...Wowpow...Sanitree na pakin... and so many others.

Newbie99
May 2nd, 2022, 11:52
...and wharts wrong with making money...u do realise that a high percentahe of the gogos probably arent even gay, tghey r in it just for the money...its all a bit of a freak show for the straight chinese tourists and as long as they are happy to subsidise my bars all the better...means they stay open and we all can enjoy

Saying that there are straight boys in the bars is like saying there are bargirls who really don’t like old Farangs.

Customers shouldn’t care about the preferences of bargirls or boys, but rather how well they do their job. I have done straight boys just off the farm, they didn’t know anything about going with customers, didn’t even have lube, no idea what to do. But they learned quickly.

Mancs
May 2nd, 2022, 13:06

In tagging photos I use 'senior'.

Definitions from Oxford Languages geriatric

adjective
relating to old people, especially with regard to their healthcare. "a geriatric hospital"

noun an old person who is receiving special care. "a rest home for geriatrics"