PDA

View Full Version : Burma re-opens

StevieWonders
March 19th, 2022, 15:19
Myanmar will resume international passenger flights from April 17, the military said Saturday, lifting a two-year ban on foreign tourists.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/myanmar-to-reopen-to-international-tourists/

christianpfc
April 15th, 2022, 17:07
Myanmar reopens to travellers (Mar 22, 2022)
https://www.traveldailymedia.com/myanmar-reopens-to-travellers/

Interesting paragraphs selected by me:

Myanmar will reopen to international tourists on 17 April, the government announced after a two-year shut-down due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The junta’s announcement, however, lacked details on visa entry rules or the airlines intending to serve Yangon’s international airport.
As of 17 April, entry will be limited to just fully vaccinated travellers who must undergo two PCR tests during a week-long quarantine in Yangon on arrival.
Even if Myanmar opens a visa-on-arrival or eVisa facility for international tourists, travel firms are not optimistic they will see any bookings. There are strong sentiments against visiting the country. Travellers will be wary of the security risks and are likely to support a boycott of the country. As long as a military junta that usurped power from a democratically appointed government runs the country travellers will go elsewhere.

Two weeks of quarantine is a strong deterrent to me, to the point of not going to Myanmar as long as this rule is in force and there are alternatives.

Their form of government does not matter much to me, as long as situation is stable and comfortable for me and as long as I can meet boys without problems.

Brad the Impala
April 15th, 2022, 19:07
Two weeks of quarantine is a strong deterrent to me, to the point of not going to Myanmar as long as this rule is in force and there are alternatives.

I read two tests, but one week quarantine.

As of 17 April, entry will be limited to just fully vaccinated travellers who must undergo two PCR tests during a week-long quarantine in Yangon on arrival.

gerefan2
April 15th, 2022, 23:35
Even one week quarantine is a No Go for me.

Ruthrieston
April 17th, 2022, 09:12
A boycott of the junta controlled Myanmar would be the decent thing to do. While the army continues to massacre any opponents and human rights crimes abound, visiting would be supporting their appalling terrorism of the people of Myanmar.